Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wrestling thread

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

RIP

I can't believe he was nearly 60, still looked like he could kill you. 
    He did have 2 or 3 justified homicides.
    That we know of! 
  • Options
    Hard to separate fact and fiction when it comes to new jack, but he definitely lived his gimmick. I watched the mass transit incident video recently, and it was brutal
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Hard to separate fact and fiction when it comes to new jack, but he definitely lived his gimmick. I watched the mass transit incident video recently, and it was brutal
    Vic Grimes was probably the worse, there's also Gypsy Joe and others. Complete head case.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Vic Grimes was probably the worse, there's also Gypsy Joe and others. Complete head case.
    With Mass Transit, New Jack was probably the least to blame out of everyone involved. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    With Mass Transit, New Jack was probably the least to blame out of everyone involved. 
    I don't know why this got a lol.  MT, his dad, Paul E and everyone else who let it happen was more to blame than New Jack. 
  • Options
    He asked new jack to cut him... New jack himself said he only asked someone to cut him once, and it was a bad one!

But then he did also knife someone repeatedly in the ring, so he's not entirely innocent!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    He asked new jack to cut him... New jack himself said he only asked someone to cut him once, and it was a bad one!

But then he did also knife someone repeatedly in the ring, so he's not entirely innocent!
    He lied about his age and experience, Paul E didn't check.

In the words of the late, great Dusty Rhodes don't do shit you don't know how to do. 
  • Options
    Double or Nothing was decent
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Enjoyed Double or Nothing, though could have done without the Stadium Stampede shenanigans which went on too long. Good finish though.

Having a big crowd makes such a difference.

I’m not an Orange Cassidy fan, but enjoyed the World Title match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What???? That's mental!!
  • Options

What???? That's mental!!
    I can't wait for Strowman to turn up in AEW and have a 20 minute matchs with Marco Stunt, Pockets, Jelly and the other "pet projects" then wonder why he isn't "over" when they do try and book him right. 
  • Options
    Very weird timing, Lana is pretty prominent in the tag division recently (though releasing Miro last year pointed to her going eventually) Black has literally just been repackaged and has been in vignettes over the past few weeks, Riott has been on TV with Morgan just this past week, and the biggest surprise on that list is Strowman, who VKM basically groomed to be the next Big Show
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

What???? That's mental!!
    I can't wait for Strowman to turn up in AEW and have a 20 minute matchs with Marco Stunt, Pockets, Jelly and the other "pet projects" then wonder why he isn't "over" when they do try and book him right. 
    They'll bring back the 3 on 1, Brawn powerslams them all at the same time squash matches.

Wonder what his name will be, maybe his real name, Adam Scherr, or maybe they'll go full LOLTNA and name him Burly Beefcakes or some other nonsense
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What???? That's mental!!
    They'll bring back the 3 on 1, Brawn powerslams them all at the same time squash matches.

Wonder what his name will be, maybe his real name, Adam Scherr, or maybe they'll go full LOLTNA and name him Burly Beefcakes or some other nonsense
    That's exactly what they should do, which means it's exactly what they won't do. 
  • Options
    Not interested in seeing anymore of Braun Strowman, in AEW or otherwise. Have always found him quite one dimensional. Still shocked WWE let him go though. I read an article suggesting that he has a massive contract and that was the driving factor.

Aleister Black is a real talent though, and the fact WWE didn’t seemingly make a proper effort with him since coming up from NXT is disappointing. 

He will be superb in an AEW environment.
  • Options
    They fed Brian Cage and Lance Armstrong to Moxley like 80s Hogan booking. 😕

I think Black has all of the ingredients to be a main eventer. Would be a great signing for AEW. Could be the new leader of the Dark Order.
  • Options
    Word on twitter is they they are clearing some wrestlers with long expensive contracts for an eventual sale of WWE. Maybe that's the reason for these wrestlers? The like of Strowman and Riott have been badly booked and should be much bigger
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Word on twitter is they they are clearing some wrestlers with long expensive contracts for an eventual sale of WWE. Maybe that's the reason for these wrestlers? The like of Strowman and Riott have been badly booked and should be much bigger
    That rumour is going a round a fair bit on youtube as well from creditable channels, wont be long before Mickey Mouse has Goofy in a fucking sharpshooter!!
  • Options
    Yes, does sound like some sort of sale could be on the horizon. And will more than likely lead to WWE becoming even more of a stale/corporate product than it currently is - if that’s even possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    The WWE will be sold, probably to NBC. 

What worries me is what will happen to the archive footage the big E own.  Not only all thier stuff but Mid South, JCP, WCCW, ECW, SMW etc etc.  That stuff is gold.

Wrestling is one of the few entertainment forms in the US that more people are alive that used to watch it than watch it now. 
  • Options
    Thought Money in the bank was excellent.

A capacity crowd makes such a huge difference
  • Options
    I liked Charlotte v Ripley but thought it was meh. Kind of bored of multi-man ladder matches now. Finish to the woman's one was good though.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Michael Cole's mind today, he sounded like he lost it last night!

Mcafee was gold with that one line. "where" 
  • Options
    Cena’s return feels like a big deal - and my guess is it could lead to a match at Summerslam.

About time WWE did something vaguely interesting.
  • Options
    They've probably already been mentioned but OSW review have been a fun listen. Slowly going through all the pay per views on their YouTube channel. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    They've probably already been mentioned but OSW review have been a fun listen. Slowly going through all the pay per views on their YouTube channel. 
    OPV is quite good as well from what I have heard of it.  I think they have just got to Brett's King of the ring win.

Wrestle me is really good, for the first 20 or so manias and the Christmas specials.  If your under 35 and want to know what it was like "back in the day" or over and want to reminisce. It's not 100% factual but it does a good job. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Has anyone seen Michael Cole's mind today, he sounded like he lost it last night!

Mcafee was gold with that one line. "where" 
    Mcafee is a great addition to commentary. He is very funny
  • Options
    I think we're set for Charlotte Vs Becky at Summerslam IMO.

Expect to see Becky back very soon. Maybe even tonight!
  • Options
    I think we're set for Charlotte Vs Becky at Summerslam IMO.

Expect to see Becky back very soon. Maybe even tonight!
    Reigns/Cena and Charlotte/Becky are Wrestlemania main event level matches