Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wrestling thread

Comments

• cafctom said:
    I know I’m in a minority but I liked the weird twist at the end of the Fiend/Orton. That visual of Alexa Bliss was really, really strong - and the crowd reacted to it well (the first ‘holy shit’ chant of the night).

The only disappointing aspect of it was that they didn’t really explain why it was happening. Don’t think it was as bad as some are making out though.
    I think it was an interesting development at the wrong time. WM isn't the time for a new twist that extends the story, it's the time for stories to pay off. I feel like it would have been more logical to have Fiend win and then the Bliss twist (Blist?) happen after the match and start a new story with it. Merging the two into Fiend losing was a bit of a momentum killer for the story and the event given it was the opening match. Probably should have opened with the Asuka match
  • Couldn't get the unknown box of mystery to the ring during the show.

I can't stand the ga ga!
  • Most memorial spot of the show and a great match.

https://youtu.be/FQVUg77jig0
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I do need to find this match. 
    He's not wrong. 
  • Was a really excellent four days of wrestling. As is often the case the cards that look least appealing deliver the best shows. Aside from the tag team turmoil and the Fiend every match was good which is pretty rare for about 12 hours of wrestling. Can't complain with that
  • edited April 2021
    Was a really excellent four days of wrestling. As is often the case the cards that look least appealing deliver the best shows. Aside from the tag team turmoil and the Fiend every match was good which is pretty rare for about 12 hours of wrestling. Can't complain with that
    Was worth 4 days of a couple of hours sleep. Having a crowd back made Mania really special this year, you could see how much the wrestlers have missed the fans.

• This is awesome 👏👏👏this is awesome 👏👏👏
  • He's a better Hulk than Hogan is.

They've made the Mandy slip into an angle.
  • The Raw after wrestlemania is usually 1 of the best shows of the year, but I thought Monday's show was boring 
  • Sponsored links:

• At least it wasn't ruined by Smarkomania. Usually something big happens but nothing did unless you consider Charlotte's return as big. 😕
  • Not even any NXT call-ups, which usually happen. Guess they could happen on Friday though.
  • They've stopped the whole NXT call-up after WM thing really. Used to be people would go up on that week's show but they jut do it whenever now if ratings get too bad/they need a Puerto Rican wrestler to hang out with Bad Bunny. Now that NXT is its own proper TV show it's less of a holding pen for new talent, so they need to hold onto people like Gargano and Ciampa to keep it as a real brand. I just can't believe that the same company that writes NXT and Smackdown writes Raw. It's genuinely unwatchable.
  • They've stopped the whole NXT call-up after WM thing really. Used to be people would go up on that week's show but they jut do it whenever now if ratings get too bad/they need a Puerto Rican wrestler to hang out with Bad Bunny. Now that NXT is its own proper TV show it's less of a holding pen for new talent, so they need to hold onto people like Gargano and Ciampa to keep it as a real brand. I just can't believe that the same company that writes NXT and Smackdown writes Raw. It's genuinely unwatchable.
    It does seemingly be down to one man, and that is Vince himself. 

There is no other explanation as to why they can produce such a strong show on NXT but not on the 'main roster'. Everyone else can see it, but him. 
  • Don't they now wait til the "season premiere" shows where they do the draft, to call up NXT talents?

The RAW after Wrestlemania was proper pants, but then again they aren't going to bring anyone back as surprises til there's live fans again. 
  • cafctom said:
    They've stopped the whole NXT call-up after WM thing really. Used to be people would go up on that week's show but they jut do it whenever now if ratings get too bad/they need a Puerto Rican wrestler to hang out with Bad Bunny. Now that NXT is its own proper TV show it's less of a holding pen for new talent, so they need to hold onto people like Gargano and Ciampa to keep it as a real brand. I just can't believe that the same company that writes NXT and Smackdown writes Raw. It's genuinely unwatchable.
    It does seemingly be down to one man, and that is Vince himself. 

There is no other explanation as to why they can produce such a strong show on NXT but not on the 'main roster'. Everyone else can see it, but him. 
    Like I have been saying the WWE, espically RAW and the PPVs have a target audience of 1.  That's who the writers and Bruce produce it for.  Being a network "content provider" has killed the business.

Unless it goes back to a "live events" business, and Vince has made sure it can't, it will slowly die with a smaller and smaller audience.  The same is happening with football. 
  • NXT isn't really a developmental anymore, especially as they won the survivor series thing and Charlotte choose to challenge the NXT champion after winning the rumble. Feels like it's own brand.

3 hour raw is insane and barely 5 minutes of it is any good.
  • Dark side of the ring starts again on Thursday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant, shame they are giving Gage publicity though this series. 
  • Watched both parts this morning.  Really good episode. His sister seems like a wonderful woman. 

His widow.....not so much!!

• Orange Cassidy is wrestling for a world title, on PPV.

Orange Cassidy is wrestling for a world title, on PPV.

Orange Cassidy is wrestling for a world title, on PPV. 
  • Calm down Jim Cornette. This could be (but unlikely) a good match. Pac and Omega are phenomenal.
  • Calm down Jim Cornette. This could be (but unlikely) a good match. Pac and Omega are phenomenal.
    Yeah but Orange Cassidy...... 

• Strangely enough I watched his dark side of the ring episode the other day. 

Absolute nutjob 

• RIP

I can't believe he was nearly 60, still looked like he could kill you. 

• Shit, that's a shock. He obviously went far to far but part of wrestling folklore and a brilliant interviewee
  • Cafc43v3r said:

RIP

I can't believe he was nearly 60, still looked like he could kill you. 
    He did have 2 or 3 justified homicides.