Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wrestling thread

Comments

• Options
    Can't stand Ambrose/Moxley! Eddie Kingston is far more entertaining.

Asuka is one they screwed up, beat Goldberg's streek to no fan fare. Then taps clean to end the streek. Another example of WCW doing something better.
  • Options
    Agree about Moxley/Ambrose.  His promos are just shouty rambling & he's not a great wrestler. 

I'm not a fan 
  • Options
    No spoilers but I thought Takeover Part 1 was excellent last night. Looking forward to Night 2.
  • Options
    No spoilers but I thought Takeover Part 1 was excellent last night. Looking forward to Night 2.
    I agree. I'm halfway through last night & it's been great so far. 

NXT is fantastic.  It's far better than WWE OR AEW in my opinion. 

Hopefully it's a glimpse of what WWE could be in the future once Dinosaur Vince is no longer in charge 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I would say that the one star they did a good job in elevating (albeit unexpectedly) was Becky Lynch.

She went from being a mid-carder going through the motions to main-evening Wrestlemania in the space of eight months. 
    Becky Lynch is a funny one as I don't think WWE ever intended for her to be such a huge star.

From the moment she broke her nose & posed for the camera with that badass look, she created such a huge buzz that couldn't be ignored 
    The Rousey and Lynch feud was some of the best things they’ve done in WWE for while. Hoping that will bring that back in next 6 months to a year now Lynch has had her baby. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I would say that the one star they did a good job in elevating (albeit unexpectedly) was Becky Lynch.

She went from being a mid-carder going through the motions to main-evening Wrestlemania in the space of eight months. 
    Becky Lynch is a funny one as I don't think WWE ever intended for her to be such a huge star.

From the moment she broke her nose & posed for the camera with that badass look, she created such a huge buzz that couldn't be ignored 
    The Rousey and Lynch feud was some of the best things they’ve done in WWE for while. Hoping that will bring that back in next 6 months to a year now Lynch has had her baby. 
    I think lymch might appear at wrestlemania or on Raw Monday night. 

Just a feeling 
  • Options
    Hi Guys

Over Wrestlemania weekend, I will be running a 10k with a group of Wrestling fans. to raise money for the Manchester Central Foodbank (as we live in Manchester & Stockport area) (https://manchestercentral.foodbank.org.uk/)

We call ourselves the Mudcats due to a wonderful auto-correct when trying to type Midcard in our group chat.

And because it's the Mudcats 10k AND Wrestlemania, we'll all be dressed up, and Mudcats always meet the Challenge. (i'm currently going as Dude Love, but we also have a Mankind and a Cactus Jack along with a Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett)

If you'd like to donate to the wonderful cause please head to our fundraising page below:

Thank Guys
    #MudcatsRoadToWrestlemania
    **(Please delete if not allowed)**

Also Does anyone fancy doing a set of Predictions for Mania this weekend? 

• Options
    Tommaso Ciampa Vs Walter was excelent.

How is Ciampa only 35??? Looks more like 55!!

• Options
    Season 3 of dark side of the ring coming in May 
  • Options
    Dunn v Kushida was my match of the show with Walter V Chiampa second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the moment for me, if I want to see the best wrestling in the world, I watch NXT, if I want to see the best wrestling based entertainment show in the world, I watch AEW. If I want neither of those things and instead want to watch something that's based on wrestling but isn't allowed to mention the word wrestling on it, then I'll watch WWE.

I'll watch the PPVs and I'll read the write ups on cageside seats for each week, but I'll rarely actually watch Raw or Smackdown
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    NXT between 2015-2019 was my favourite period of wrestling since the Attitude era.

Balor, Ciampa, Gargano, Undisputed Era, Enzo/Cass, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Asuka, Bobby Roode, American Alpha, Authors of Pain, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black, Velveteen Dream, Ricochet.

It felt like EVERYONE was over, and every Takeover was at least a 9/10 show.

Ciampa/Gargano is my favourite storyline in the past ten years. 

Since the pandemic, I've found NXT to be far less appealing. I think its largely because the lack of crowd just brings it down so much, and probably because there is a great alternative in AEW these days who I'm really rooting for.

Just finished both nights of Takeover and just found that I didn't feel much emotional investment in the characters the way that I used to. 
  • Options
    I've been working at home for a year now and have gone through of stuff on the network. Currently doing NXT from when it was at full sail and not a weird contest to when j started watching it weekly in 2018. I'm up to Takeover The End now, Joe v  Balor in a cage. I went to Takeover London with little knowledge of the product so it was good to rewatch it. Also went to Takeover Brooklyn IV. 😏

I can't put my finger on it, but it was a lot more enjoyable as you say until 2019 (2014 was also a class year btw with the Zayn can't win the big one storyline). I should have been more into Cole v O'Reilly then i was. People like Eli Drake joining doesn't have the same appeal as Samoe Joe.
  • Options
    Start of Wrestlemania delayed by weather for 30 mins or so
  • Options
    Just started watching wrestlemania. 

Having the crowd back makes such a huge difference 
  • Options
    First WWE show I’ve enjoyed in a long time. It wasn’t extraordinary from a performance perspective, but the spectacle really is on a different level with a crowd, pyro etc. 
  • Options
    Yeah, thought it was decent
  • Options
    Conversation is straight into AEW! 🤯
  • Options
    Got huge hopes for the main event tonight. Should be a classic with three incredible talents telling a fantastic story. 

Time for Wrestlemania. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got huge hopes for the main event tonight. Should be a classic with three incredible talents telling a fantastic story. 

Time for Wrestlemania. 
    Really looking forward to the main event. Think it could be a classic. 
  • Options

Time for Wrestlemania. 
    That’s probably got to be the worst ever live performance by a musical artist. Genuinely feel mentally scarred after listening to that entrance. 
  • Options

Time for Wrestlemania. 
    That’s probably got to be the worst ever live performance by a musical artist. Genuinely feel mentally scarred after listening to that entrance.

Guessing that was Ripley's entrance. I only caught part of it and it wasn't pretty! 
  • Options
    Is that Austin's interview with Chris Jericho's biggest fan, Chris Jericho, about his hero Chris Jericho? 
  • Options
    When you consider there's no Taker or Cena, they didn't bring any old stars in for a 1 off match & they just allowed the current roster to showcase their talent, I thought it was an excellent Wrestlemania 
  • Options
    Loved that ending to the main event. Roman Reigns is finally the character many fans wanted him to be. 
  • Options
    Main event saved what was a poor night with lots of booing.

Did they really think the fans wanted to see the Bellas beat down on Bailey? Especially when you consider what the divas revolution meant to people.

Not surprised with the reaction to the Bray match.

Seems giants are back in fashion. 😕

Back stage stuff and long hype videos cut time off of Owens v Zayn!

I never want to see Titus or Hogan on TV again.

Proper internet smart fan moan. 😎

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Loved that ending to the main event. Roman Reigns is finally the character many fans wanted him to be. 
    Easily wrestler of the year 2020.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I know I’m in a minority but I liked the weird twist at the end of the Fiend/Orton. That visual of Alexa Bliss was really, really strong - and the crowd reacted to it well (the first ‘holy shit’ chant of the night).

The only disappointing aspect of it was that they didn’t really explain why it was happening. Don’t think it was as bad as some are making out though.
  • Options
    I do need to find this match.