Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wrestling thread

Comments

• Options
    A good PPV.  No spoiler but Pleased with the signing, although I don't think it quite matched the hype.

The barbed wire match was nuts, but they proper botched it at the end!!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Recommend watching Young Rock.

Really enjoyable show.
    Where can you see it?
    http://watchwrestlingup.live/watch-aew-revolution-ppv-2021-live-3-7-21-march-7th-2021-online-full-show-free-stream/

Use the FSC link
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Paige maybe??

She's left WWE 
    Can she wrestle now?  
    I'd wrestle with her 😀

I think she's been cleared.  Not sure 

Alexa bliss would be a quick match. She'd pin me 1,2,3 after performing a very difficult submission
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Really enjoyable show.
    Where can you see it?
    I have been watching it on IPTV. 

Here's a uk based workaround.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/03/young-rock-release-date-uk/
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Really enjoyable show.
    Where can you see it?

Does anyone use Peacocks through a VPN?  Isn't the whole of the WWE nextwork going on there? $4.99 sounds a bargin. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Really enjoyable show.
    Where can you see it?

Episode1:   http://watchwrestlingup.live/watch-wwe-young-rock-s01e01-online-full-show-free/

Episode 2 : http://watchwrestlingup.live/young-rock-s01e02-2-24-21-february-24-2021/

Episode 3: 
     http://watchwrestlingup.live/watchyoung-rock-s01e03-forward-together-03-03-21-march-3rd-2021/

I find the FSC links usually work best 
  • Options
    That main event was great, and the plot for the finish was great. But the botch was such a shame.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    cafctom said:
    That main event was great, and the plot for the finish was great. But the botch was such a shame.
    I thought it was hilarious!!

Moxley made fun of it too 

• Options
    Moxley managed to cover it well, but Eddie Kingston must feel like a right pillock having to sell it!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Moxley managed to cover it well, but Eddie Kingston must feel like a right pillock having to sell it!
    I hope he is alright.... 

"by God he is broken in half" 🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Listening to a podcast earlier about that show, it really hit home how much of a shame that ending was. They did everything right, and just one stupid mistake ruined it - and could actually really hurt the company’s reputation as a whole.

Really want AEW to succeed, and they were inches away from doing something pretty incredible. Just goes to show how thin the line is between greatness and embarrassment when it comes to professional wrestling.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Listening to a podcast earlier about that show, it really hit home how much of a shame that ending was. They did everything right, and just one stupid mistake ruined it - and could actually really hurt the company’s reputation as a whole.

Really want AEW to succeed, and they were inches away from doing something pretty incredible. Just goes to show how thin the line is between greatness and embarrassment when it comes to professional wrestling.
    Yeah I agree.  Bully Rat's tweet sums it up for me.   People only ever remember the finish 

• Options
    Match lived up to the hype, until the finish. A real shame that this is what the PPV will be remembered for. 
  • Options
    Thing is, they needed to hold their hands up to it, or lean into it fully, but they have been super wishy washy with it, from the massive over selling of it from Eddie Kingston and the commentators, to Mox taking the piss out of it, to Khan in the presser claiming it was meant to be like that and they can't actually blow people up, but also claiming at the same time that it was wired by Omega and the plans drawn in Crayon, so it's no wonder it was a 'dud'. 

If WWE done this, the piss taking would be endless, I feel for AEW but if there's one thing they need to work on to bring themselves in line with WWE, it's production, you can have the best wrestlers in the world in the best storylines putting on the best matches, but if you can't package that up into a slick and sophisticated product, you'll end up looking a bit shit and it will only harm your reputation
  • Options
    I’ve a feeling they will find a way to lean into it as soon as they think of a way to actually do it. Late on Sunday night they were probably in such shock they didn’t know what to say.

They know they’ve got a ‘smart’ fanbase and that it’s pointless trying to pull the wool over their eyes. I’m confident they will come out swinging in a big way to try and make up for this - which is what sets their product apart from WWE.
  • Options
    I'm more of a New Japan Pro Wrestling guy myself.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I'm more of a New Japan Pro Wrestling guy myself.

How do you follow that? I can find Wrestle Kingdom and what not but do they do weekly shows?
  • Options
    Enjoyed reading this thread :) Have got more into wrestling last couple of years - there was a Reddit thread where a guy posted up recaps of old Dave Meltzer Observer Newsletters (still available, well worth checking out if you were a fan any time between late 80s and 2002 which is roughly where the archive stops)

I watch AEW and MLW regularly and flick through WWE. Was left feeling so flat after the botched ending on Sunday night - I wasn't expecting anything great from the match stipulations but had really got into it by the end. Agree that it hasn't been handled perfectly in the time since it happened, although Kingston selling it did complicate that rather.

Interested to see Christian and what he can do but they do seem to be collecting wrestlers. As I don"t watch Dark, there's sometimes months between seeing particular stars who were prominent early in the promotion.

But overall, still a good time in wrestling in my opinion. The recent forbidden door crossovers show what can be achieved if the will is there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    cafctom said:

Yeah I agree.  Bully Rat's tweet sums it up for me.   People only ever remember the finish 

On the subject of Bully Ray, I can confirm that he's the biggest wanker I have ever met. Went to a Indy show at York Hall by a UK promotion called Revolution Pro Wrestling, they have partnerships with New Japan and Ring of Honor (where Bully Ray was signed at the time), I usually do the meet and greet pre-shows as I like to meet the big names (I've met Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, McIntyre etc) and Bully Ray and Rey Mysterio were both on this show. (Rey Mysterio is an absolute gent btw, and is as short as he looks on TV). Bully Ray was uninterested in anything me or my brother had to say, I brought up the storyline he was involved in when him and D-Von pretended to join Right To Censor and proceeded to 3D Val Venis and put Steven Richards through a table, but all he would say to anyone as well as me was "Yeah, that was a great night" and wouldn't even shake anyone's hand. The promoter seemed to have the same view as his match, which was a No DQ match vs Sha Samuels (Might recognise him from NXT UK these days) was removed from their VOD service and DVD.

tl;dr Bully Ray is a wank pheasant
  • Options

Just for balance. AEW was a botch whereas this is deliberate. Going back to the well as the rich foreigner gimmick worked so well for Tiger Ali Singh and Jinder Mahal. Apolo is from California.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    Love dark side of the ring! Also recommend if you can find it (think it's on wwe network) The Rise and Fall of ECW. Proper nostalgia and lots of events I'd forgotten
    The rise and fall of WCW is good as well.  I have got it on DVD (I like having physical stuff) plus you get the matches. 
    I used to record WCW on Friday nights and watch it the next morning, every week. Loved that era of wrestling. Very interested to know what was going on in reality now you mention it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Just for balance. AEW was a botch whereas this is deliberate. Going back to the well as the rich foreigner gimmick worked so well for Tiger Ali Singh and Jinder Mahal. Apolo is from California.
    Yeah this storyline is weird.

Then again, I don't think Vince has ever had his finger on the pulse when it comes to political correctness, so it doesn't come as a huge shock 
  • Options

Yeah this storyline is weird.

Then again, I don't think Vince has ever had his finger on the pulse when it comes to political correctness, so it doesn't come as a huge shock 
    It's the problem with all of wrestling at the moment. 

AEW has a target audience of about a million (the people who already like it) and the WWE has a target audience of 1 (a semi senile 75 year old that won't give up control).
  • Options
    Ohhh AEW have done something I might actually like.  No spoilers incase people are still catching up but that's possibly the best thing they have done. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ohhh AEW have done something I might actually like.  No spoilers incase people are still catching up but that's possibly the best thing they have done. 
    Interesting.  I'll catch up later 
  • Options
    25 years ago today was almost the debut of Chilli McFreeze on RAW.

I wonder how much that would have cost them?

I doubt Chilli McFreeze v Rocky Miavi would have headlined 3 manias........

McFreeze 3:16 said I just whooped your arse does quite go, does it? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    25 years ago today was almost the debut of Chilli McFreeze on RAW.

I wonder how much that would have cost them?

I doubt Chilli McFreeze v Rocky Miavi would have headlined 3 manias........

McFreeze 3:16 said I just whooped your arse does quite go, does it? 
    I consider myself clued up on Wrestling, but I didn't know that was a thing.

That's hilarious!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Caught up with AEW.  I think that was the only thing they could do with the 'firework' situation.

As for the other thing I assume you're referring to, that's a really interesting move & was done really well.  As a side note, I  think MJF is superb.  I really think he has the potential to be 1 of the biggest stars in the industry