Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wrestling thread

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Remember when he had long blond hair, rocked a Hollywood gimmick and was called "Stunning Steve Austin"

Austin 3:16 was improvised, as was, I believe, when Rocky Maiva started to refer to himself in the third person as "The Rock"
  • sam3110 said:
    Remember when he had long blond hair, rocked a Hollywood gimmick and was called "Stunning Steve Austin"

I love the Hollywood blonds. I honest can't believe that Bishoff didn't thin Austin could get over, or Vince thought he needed a mouthpiece!

This is a great Austin WCW match if anyone is intrested. 

https://youtu.be/zv4FS-uF_RI
  • Moxley and Kingston made fun of the match on Dynamite this week. Claiming Impact paid for the explosions.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ohhh AEW have done something I might actually like.  No spoilers incase people are still catching up but that's possibly the best thing they have done. 
    Caught up with AEW.  I think that was the only thing they could do with the 'firework' situation.

As for the other thing I assume you're referring to, that's a really interesting move & was done really well.  As a side note, I  think MJF is superb.  I really think he has the potential to be 1 of the biggest stars in the industry
    I genuinely think he’s one of the best on the mic I’ve ever seen. 

If he had come along 20-25 years ago, he’d have given The Rock a real run for his money.

• Cornette's original booking sheet for the 1997 Survivor Series. 

Thought it was worth a share. 

• Cornette's weekly podcast is absolutely hilarious. He reviews NXT and AEW, and portrays someone who absolutely despises modern wrestling. Usually that stuff winds me up, when people can't stop complaining, but he is very comical. 
  • cafctom said:
    Cornette's weekly podcast is absolutely hilarious. He reviews NXT and AEW, and portrays someone who absolutely despises modern wrestling. Usually that stuff winds me up, when people can't stop complaining, but he is very comical. 
    Both of his are brilliant I prefer the drive through though. 
  • cafctom said:
    Cornette's weekly podcast is absolutely hilarious. He reviews NXT and AEW, and portrays someone who absolutely despises modern wrestling. Usually that stuff winds me up, when people can't stop complaining, but he is very comical. 
    Ive heard his podcasts are brilliant. Where can I listen?
  • I download them on Spotify, but clips get uploaded to YouTube weekly as well. 

Official Jim Cornette - YouTube
  • cafctom said:
    Ive heard his podcasts are brilliant. Where can I listen?
    I get them from accast, dick pill guys shows are on there as well 
  • Sponsored links:

• That main event on Dynamite was absolutely brutal. Has to be the most extreme women's match ever put on mainstream TV?
  • That Apollo Crews accent still makes me laugh.  It's so bad!
  • can you still bet on the WWE ?, always thought it a bit strange to can bet on something with a pre-determined outcome
  • can you still bet on the WWE ?, always thought it a bit strange to can bet on something with a pre-determined outcome
    Yeah, but it's no different to beating on who shot Phil Mitchell or who H is, is it? 
    You can, but it’s so predictable it’s not really worth much most of the time. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

I love the Hollywood blonds. I honest can't believe that Bishoff didn't thin Austin could get over, or Vince thought he needed a mouthpiece!

This is a great Austin WCW match if anyone is intrested. 

https://youtu.be/zv4FS-uF_RI
    Eurgh those teeth on Ricky?
  • Subtitles will be on for The Great Khali's hall of fame induction speech 😂😂
  • Most of the previous wrestlemanias are free on the WWE network at present.

Anyone tried getting a peacock subscription through a VPN? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Most of the previous wrestlemanias are free on the WWE network at present.

Don't need it if you have a UK registered account on the WWE network, it'll still be on that
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Most of the previous wrestlemanias are free on the WWE network at present.

Don't need it if you have a UK registered account on the WWE network, it'll still be on that
    Yeah I am watching Mania 3 now :-:smile:

But Peacock is only $5 a month and you get loads of other stuff as well 
  • https://youtu.be/Cu18oxc0D3E

20 years ago today was the greatest PPV, if you ignore the last 10 minutes, in wrestling history. 
  • edited April 2021
    I still enjoy the ending of that match, as controversial as it is.

Have always been a sucker for a plot twist on a big show, and at the time Austin/McMahon teaming up was about as shocking as it could be.
  • cafctom said:
    I still enjoy the ending of that match, as controversial as it is.

Have always been a sucker for a plot twist on a big show, and at the time Austin/McMahon teaming up was about as shocking as it could be.
    I suppose, with 20 years of hindsight, the ending wasn't that bad.  In its self.

If Rock wasn't leaving to make the scorpion king it could have worked with heel Austin and face Rock through to summer slam but they ended up without a top baby face for Austin to work with.

If HBK had comeback then it might have worked as well (Vince stopped paying him as soon as WCW closed). 

It was stupid to go into a match with the 2 biggest drawing baby faces (and merch sellers) in history and come out of it with neither of them. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    https://youtu.be/Cu18oxc0D3E

20 years ago today was the greatest PPV, if you ignore the last 10 minutes, in wrestling history. 

Jim Ross is hilarious and also brilliant at what he does. 

He plays a huge role. Can sell anything that guy
  • Dave2l said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    https://youtu.be/Cu18oxc0D3E

Jim Ross is hilarious and also brilliant at what he does. 

He plays a huge role. Can sell anything that guy
    Austin and Foley probably won't have got over anywhere near as much as they did with Micheal Cole calling their matches! 
  • Jericho the next guest on the stone cold podcast.  I'm surprised at that

Wonder if he'll be allowed to talk about AEW 
  • Jericho the next guest on the stone cold podcast.  I'm surprised at that

Wonder if he'll be allowed to talk about AEW 
    The forbidden door is open!

Apparently he's still on good terms with Vince so that's probably why he's allowed it.

Wonder if Austin will bring up some of his conspiracy theories.
  • I wonder when his contract is expiring? Might be trying to drive up his renewal price. 
  • I wonder when his contract is expiring? Might be trying to drive up his renewal price. 
    Thought he signed a 3 year deal to start with, so think he still has a bit of time on that. 

Him, Big Show and a few others have always been on decent terms with Vince, and seemed to have his blessing on jumping ship.