Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    Bar and restaurant is a bit old hat, thought they were all called bar and kitchen now?
  • Options
    Nasty trick in a local to me. Service /delivery charge to put your drinks on your table in their garden. Bottle of chenin blanc and pint of lager 41 quid. Wine was 31.50.
  • Options
    Nasty trick in a local to me. Service /delivery charge to put your drinks on your table in their garden. Bottle of chenin blanc and pint of lager 41 quid. Wine was 31.50.
    Bloody hell, that's ridiculous.
    Pint of Guinness in The Crown & Anchor was £4.75.
  • Options
    Fantastic pubs re opening, thing i’m missed more than anything really
  • Options
    Jesus H Christ I’ve just started a bottle of Sainsbury’s house Chenin Blanc, £4.50. 
  • Options

• Options
    I am sure you were just charged incorrectly rather than them adding a delivery fee. 
  • Options
    I’d start looking for a new local mate.

what pub was this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £9.50 @ pint ??????????????
  • Options
    Redskin said:

I had that in July, can’t remember what pub it was. But it was one where you would normally go to the bar and get drinks and order food. They were doing table service and added 12.5%. So that was adding 50p on every pint.

• Options
    £9.50 @ pint ??????????????
    I’m guessing that included the “delivery fee”
  • Options
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
  • Options
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    That's not good.
  • Options
    The Bulls Head is the most expensive pub I know in the area.
    Last year pints were £5/£5.50, although you could go to the bar yourself.
    I go to the Queens Head now, 10 min walk away & pints were about £3.50 last year.
    Big "garden" out the back, a bit bigger than The Bulls Head or similar.
  • Options
    It's got nothing on the one bell

• Sponsored links:

• Options

That's fine as it's got open sides and is clearly an outside location with a cover

The Crayford one is 100% inside unless they can completely open the sides when it's actually being used
  • Options
    Unless their car park is inside, the Crayford Arms is defo outside.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Unless their car park is inside, the Crayford Arms is defo outside.
    think what he means is that it will be classed as 'inside' unless all the sides of that tent can be open when people are inside.
  • Options
    it doesnt bother me really - just interesting to see how people can get around it, near my work of the 9 pubs i walk past 1 is open and has about 8 tables - must hardly be worth them opening. 

was going to meet 2 pals after work tomorrow for a couple around victoria - no chance on anywhere having a table. 
  • Options
    Back in the Crown & Anchor garden.
    There's lovely. 
  • Options
    went to one of my favs yesterday. the Man of Kent pub down in East Peckham. Very relaxed atmosphere. Then again as far as i'm aware it always has been.  
  • Options
    That place has pissed me off for years with its pricing but a delivery charge is a joke. They have an outside bar anyway. 
  • Options

That's fine as it's got open sides and is clearly an outside location with a cover

The Crayford one is 100% inside unless they can completely open the sides when it's actually being used
    I know that's why I said it's got nothing on the one bell. Plus the one bell is pretty decent too.
  • Options
    Back in the Crown & Anchor garden.
    There's lovely. 
    Martin the owner/landlord said Monday was his best for 15 years. 
  • Options
    Ah mate, ive been frustrated in the bull. Not getting itemised receipt im sure they make up the prices of the pints as they go. Don't come out with much change.