Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Curb_It said:
    Why will payment at the bar be permitted when you’re not allowed in the pub? Well hopefully to use the loo. I don’t care where we pay as long as we can get in a garden and a fresh pint. 
    Pay when ordering on the app. Got to hand it to Spoons, they know how to get their stuff to the customer.
    A few of the pubs have introduced that feature here in Oz post COVID - it’s absolutely class.

As others have said pubs need to go past the days of people queuing at the bar and get waiting staff onto the floor - I am 100% sure they would make as much money if not more.

Are boozers still known as Bottle Shops over your way?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Curb_It said:
    Why will payment at the bar be permitted when you’re not allowed in the pub? Well hopefully to use the loo. I don’t care where we pay as long as we can get in a garden and a fresh pint. 
    Pay when ordering on the app. Got to hand it to Spoons, they know how to get their stuff to the customer.
    A few of the pubs have introduced that feature here in Oz post COVID - it’s absolutely class.

As others have said pubs need to go past the days of people queuing at the bar and get waiting staff onto the floor - I am 100% sure they would make as much money if not more.

That would be lovely but over here outside of the big cities the internet is very poor , I have no mobile signal at the pub so can’t take payments outside & my internet drops to a crawl if I so much as post on here the same time that one persons using the internet in the bar.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Curb_It said:

Thought that was off license?
  • Options
    10 days to go.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Bring it on, hopefully some warmer weather will coincide 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Redrobo said:
    Curb_It said:

Thought that was off license?
    The last time I was there it usually meant a boozer was attached.
  • Options
    10 days to go.

For you mate, take note of the special offers available.
  • Options
    8 days and we're there.
  • Options
    8 days and we're there.
    Funny thing is I'm not that bothered.
    Until hopefully the middle of may when you can go inside
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    8 days and we're there.
    Funny thing is I'm not that bothered.
    Until hopefully the middle of may when you can go inside
    You won't be wanting that pint I was going to buy you then :smiley:
  • Options
    Can’t believe he thought he’d get away with it!

Wiltshire pub's new chalet 'breaks Covid rules' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-56666447
    I reckon he's just after the publicity for may when he can use it, cant believe he genuinely believed that was suitable
  • Options
    We'll all be drinking coffee or hot chocolate.
  • Options
    Outdoor drinking now allowed ....and it’s snowing 
    That was always the plan
  • Options

Wiltshire pub's new chalet 'breaks Covid rules' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-56666447
    Spent 50k when he could've just put a few tables outside instead. Looks quite smart for next month though.
  • Options
    That’s why this country is so brilliant - even the weather has a great sense of humour!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    We'll all be drinking coffee or hot chocolate.
    No we won’t! Where there is a will there’s a way! 
  • Options

Five Bells in Eynsford  opening today (Malt Shovel not opening until May)
  • Options
    Bexleyheath being reported on as the Kentish Belle opened at 12.01 this morning! The landlord is in shorts!

https://twitter.com/bellakwai/status/1381378129059577857?s=21
  • Options
    Mulled wine!
  • Options
    anyone would think there's been an alcohol ban - i've quite enjoyed boozing at home certainly spent less, will likely give it a couple of weeks before heading to a pub. 
  • Options
    yeah I'm in no rush to sit outside and have a beer in this weather
  • Options

It's a wooden building. He can take wooden walls out and replace with sets of foldback doors.

He could turn the whole bleddy thing into a Super Duper gazebo type thing if he can be arsed.

• Options
    Just booked two slots in Henley pubs for Saturday week. Hate doing it and being governed by a timetable, but it's better than not going out at all. And they were going quickly too, so don't hang about if you're thinking of booking somewhere.