Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• anyone would think there's been an alcohol ban - i've quite enjoyed boozing at home certainly spent less, will likely give it a couple of weeks before heading to a pub. 
    Can fully understand that but i guess it's more about finally being able to catch up with (5) mates and also of course supporting local pubs who've been on their arse for the past year.
  • Pub banter, 6 builders necked 4 pints each, had a row about money & all drove off in 3 separate vans. 
    White vans I presume 
  • While letching, wolf whistling and making crude remarks to women?
  • Pub banter, 6 builders necked 4 pints each, had a row about money & all drove off in 3 separate vans. 
    White vans I presume 
    How did you know?
  • I think I can envisage tomorrow's news headlines already, about what happens around the country tonight.
  • Back to normality. 
    The "workmen" were having a great time until one said you'd better transfer me £100 if you want me to do that plumbing job tomorrow.
    Other geezer says I've already paid you £600 for a £400 job and then starts having a go at another bloke as well.
    I thought it was gonna be fisticuffs, but in the end they all drove off in their white vans after having had 4 pints each.
    Banter. 
    What boozer you in mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    Back to normality. 
    The "workmen" were having a great time until one said you'd better transfer me £100 if you want me to do that plumbing job tomorrow.
    Other geezer says I've already paid you £600 for a £400 job and then starts having a go at another bloke as well.
    I thought it was gonna be fisticuffs, but in the end they all drove off in their white vans after having had 4 pints each.
    Banter. 
    What boozer you in mate?
    I ended up outside The Crown & Anchor, but I'm back home now.
    over the limit...
  • Have taken a couple of days off this week to spend with my wife & daughter and have booked a table at The Bull in Otford on Thursday lunchtime. Have enjoyed lockdown drinks at home but am looking forward to having a pint poured and served for me.
    over the limit...
    Didn’t say what they were drinking pints of to be fair 
  • se9addick said:
    Have taken a couple of days off this week to spend with my wife & daughter and have booked a table at The Bull in Otford on Thursday lunchtime. Have enjoyed lockdown drinks at home but am looking forward to having a pint poured and served for me.
    So was she until she read this and realised she’s driving :-( 
    According to @Covered End ‘s mates at the pub she can have four pints and still be good to go! 
    As long as it's only carlsberg, a driving beer
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone would think there's been an alcohol ban - i've quite enjoyed boozing at home certainly spent less, will likely give it a couple of weeks before heading to a pub. 
    Can fully understand that but i guess it's more about finally being able to catch up with (5) mates and also of course supporting local pubs who've been on their arse for the past year.
    Completely just the types out the next few days will be like the Xmas pub goers all for the gram and not dancing dust 
  • Heard it kicked off in the Oak today and got closed? Ridiculous. Feel for the owners if true.
  • Heard it kicked off in the Oak today and got closed? Ridiculous. Feel for the owners if true.
    You’re kidding me???
  • Cheers. 
    Short measure. Get it topped up!
  • Cheers. 
    Short measure. Get it topped up!
    That explains why it went so quickly. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    In the last few weeks I’ve literally started dreaming of going into pubs. On my daily long walk when I see a pub that looks decent I take a snap of it, especially if it looks ok inside. Me and a couple of friends (and the missus) are planning to walk to them on rotation for a drink, post lockdown.
    There’s something about not being able to go to them that has made me really want to go to them. And tbh I’ve tended to go to bars rather than pubs in the last twenty years, but I think that’s about to change. There are literally dozens of crackers on my list, all within two or three miles of my house. None of them are chains, and I’ll be happy to support them, even if it means coughing up for a ridiculously over-priced pint sometimes. So many pubs have closed in the last twenty years, so I think it’s time I supported the ones that have managed to survived by the skin of their teeth. It’s something to look forward to at least! Some have gardens, the others will have to wait a little longer. 

Funnily, that was one of the last pubs I went to before the first lockdown, as I met a couple of friends there. It feels weird looking back a year, when things were clearly heading in the wrong direction, but there was still a lot of normality
  • redman said:
    Redrobo said:
    Curb_It said:
    Why will payment at the bar be permitted when you’re not allowed in the pub? Well hopefully to use the loo. I don’t care where we pay as long as we can get in a garden and a fresh pint. 
    Pay when ordering on the app. Got to hand it to Spoons, they know how to get their stuff to the customer.
    most of the pubs I like to go to are independent. I don't want an app for each of the pubs I go to and most of them don't want the cost of running an app. My local doesn't have any online presence be it a website, facebook or twitter. Why should they? Their speciality is serving good beer and good pub grub. Long may it continue!
    If I was a tech whizz, I'd come up with some sort of national pub App that independent pubs and small chains could use, as an option for their customers if they want it, as I certainly don't want to have to install 10 different Apps on my phone.

Very few pubs don't have any social media presence these days, even if it's a token Facebook page, and all will have had to install modern card readers and usually public WIFI, so few are totally tech averse.
  • edited April 2021
    Can’t believe he thought he’d get away with it!

Wiltshire pub's new chalet 'breaks Covid rules' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-56666447
    You can tell from the oversized body warmer and shirt combo that the bloke has too much money
    I know the pub well - The Sun Inn was a 15th century gem with wood paneling and inglenook - loads of character and a proper pub with a great atmosphere - the pub of choice for masters at Marlborough College which is about 100 yards away. 

Then it was taken over by the type that wear oversized body warmers and check shirts. They changed the ancient name to "The Marlborough" and it is no longer a pub, but a "bar and restaurant". 

I'm sure its more profitable than it used to be, but sadly a bit of history ruined.