Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    I think the link to alcohol and mental health is an interesting one. On a similar theme; I'm often astounded by how many people are for the legalisation of cannabis for the same reasons.
    Indeed, if anything is going to fry your synapses it’s a regular intake of Skunk!
  • Options
    First glass of Doombar for a very long time.
    The Sydney Arm's, old Perry st, Chislehurst.
    Not far from the 'Bulls head'  but a sight cheaper!

Couldn't stay long, was to cold.
  • Options
    I don't know and it's getting late, but most of the people I know are moderate drinkers.
    None of them are massive twats and they don't have mental health issues.
    Perhaps we associate with different types.
    I suspect most people's friend's and acquaintances are similar to mine.
    Indeed and my friends are the same, but there’s a lot of twats in the world and there’s a particular place you can guarantee they’ll congregate, I’m sensing a connection.
    The last place I was at was a British Legion club so maybe a bad example 😆
    99% of blokes in a pub are massive twats, a ridiculously high figure.
    Plus a strange thing to say.
  • Options
    When I was younger I thought the more twats in a pub the better, in fact we would leave establishments if there wasn’t sufficient twattage.

Now, can we get back to people being happy and posting pictures of their pints (+ some complaining about how much beer now costs!). 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    The Bulls Head is the most expensive pub I know in the area.
    Last year pints were £5/£5.50, although you could go to the bar yourself.
    I go to the Queens Head now, 10 min walk away & pints were about £3.50 last year.
    Big "garden" out the back, a bit bigger than The Bulls Head or similar.
    Walk past there a couple times a day, get the feeling that you probably don't even need to book there, loads of space, out front not even used!
    Huskaris said:
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    I go to the Queens Head now, 10 min walk away & pints were about £3.50 last year.
    Walk past there a couple times a day, get the feeling that you probably don't even need to book there, loads of space, out front not even used!
    But they always run out of lemon for my G and T!. No chance of lime, alien concept. Never occirs to them to pop downw to Sainsburys 100 yards away and buy some.
    Queens head is basically a spoons tho. Feels like it. Bulls head is different class (but also price)
     Ill give you a middle ground; crown inn (at the point of the bull-tiger-crown triangle)... even has a bowls lawn 
  • Options
    I do think the twatometer rises once alcohol is added and 99% probably is the right number when you’re talking about palace areas like Bromley 
    Spot on. So glad I live in leafy Bexley. Bromley is a rough old area these days full of Palace and pub twats

😂 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    You mean easy to get into, hard to get out of, I assume, @AFKABartram, given your post-match reputation?
    No, I meant I’m a bit quirky that I really don't like being with people or speaking to people who have been drinking if if I haven’t been drinking myself. 

Im obviously conflicted and admit a massive hypocrite as I enjoy the release it can bring. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Welcome home 
    Anyone checked in on Mrs AFKA?
    All safe, it was Budweiser in there. I’ve been on an official ban from Stella for about 12 years 
  • Options
    Welcome home 
    All safe, it was Budweiser in there. I’ve been on an official ban from Stella for about 12 years 
    Draft Stella in only 4.6% now 
    Draft Bud is 4.3%
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    But they always run out of lemon for my G and T!. No chance of lime, alien concept. Never occirs to them to pop downw to Sainsburys 100 yards away and buy some.
    Queens head is basically a spoons tho. Feels like it. Bulls head is different class (but also price)
     Ill give you a middle ground; crown inn (at the point of the bull-tiger-crown triangle)... even has a bowls lawn 
    Queens Head is an Ember In, same as the Earl Haig in Bexleyheath. Always found them nice pubs and really good value (only been Queens at lunchtimes though)
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel like the only one left who hasn't been back to a pub yet.
  • Options
    I've not been back yet but booked in the Shortlands Tavern next Wednesday afternoon. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I've not been back yet but booked in the Shortlands Tavern next Wednesday afternoon. 
    Pop in to The Jolley Woodman after, another decent boozer.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Takes all sorts. I honestly have no idea why anyone would go to a pub garden and order Budweiser, surely you can experience the same delicate flavours by drinking your own toilet water at home?
    If you like pub gardens, and you like Budweiser, then it is surely a logical thing to do?

Ahhhh, I get it - beer snobbery..... ;)
  • Options
    White Lion, Locksbottom today. 2 bottles of house merlot, pint of Spitfire, 2 Burgers with fries, £61. No service/delivery charge.  Recommend 
    That’s two days in a row she’s drunk you under the table Graham, you need to up your game :-) 
    It's what we get up to under the table! Method in my madness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    You’re not.
    As Ireland is now officially the longest in lockdown there is no light at the end of the tunnel 😩

Oh and it’s perfectly normal to think everyone is a tw@t when they’re drunk & you’re completely sober. But that is 100% your problem & not theirs I’m afraid. 

Not everyone who drinks too much is an alcoholic &/or has mental health issues.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Addickted said:
    You’re not.
    As Ireland is now officially the longest in lockdown there is no light at the end of the tunnel 😩

Oh and it’s perfectly normal to think everyone is a tw@t when they’re drunk & you’re completely sober. But that is 100% your problem & not theirs I’m afraid. 

Not everyone who drinks too much is an alcoholic &/or has mental health issues.
    True but often it feels that way when the session descends into Narcissists Anonymous!

I appreciate I’m probably seeing this from a very different perspective to most on here, you could say I’ve been chewed up and spat out the other side!
    Ive only recently got out of the game (praise be lockdown and the opportunity to realign life) and this is my period of reflection on the last 25 years, got my first bar job when I was 18; and the more I look back the more I’m baffled by human behaviour!

• Options
    Welcome home 
    WTF bud in a Stella glass ? The whole lots gone to pot!
  • Options
    Welcome home 
    @Spitfire76 they'll be putting Real Ale in a Carlsberg glass next...
  • Options
    If anyone is near Tunbridge Wells, I was in The Mount Edgecumbe yesterday for lunch with my partner; an excellent couple of pints of Harvey's Sussex Best, Malfy Rosa, and very good food, all under cover with individually infra-red heated tables, and great service. Going back there on Saturday!
  • Options
    Reflections of an occasional drinker.

Pre Covid I enjoyed the occasional pint of Doombar, maybe once a fortnight.
    Since pubs have been closed I've gradually developed an insatiable longing for the stuff.

Classic how the forbidden becomes so attractive.
  • Options
    Making my way to Little Faith on Creek Road this evening for a quiet hour or so....don't feel the need to drink...have a brilliant stock of beer in my beer fridge in any case...but want to support a small business, so off I trot... Cheers
  • Options
    Welcome home 
    That’s like seeing a Millwall fan in a Palace shirt  ;)
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Let us know what it's like. 
    It's another on my list to visit.