Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    Outdoor areas at hospitality venues (cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs, social clubs, including in members’ clubs) can reopen. Hospitality venues will also be able to provide alcohol for takeaway, click-and-collect, and drive-through (in addition to delivery services). Some venues may wish to erect outdoor shelters. To be considered ‘outdoors’, shelters, marquees and other structures can have a roof but need to have at least 50% of the area of their walls open at all times whilst in use. These venues may allow customers to use toilets located inside.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reopening-businesses-and-venues-in-england/reopening-businesses-and-venues
  • Options
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    That place has pissed me off for years with its pricing but a delivery charge is a joke. They have an outside bar anyway. 
    Agreed. But its such a nice pub tho! 
  • Options
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    The Bulls Head is the most expensive pub I know in the area.
    Last year pints were £5/£5.50, although you could go to the bar yourself.
    I go to the Queens Head now, 10 min walk away & pints were about £3.50 last year.
    Big "garden" out the back, a bit bigger than The Bulls Head or similar.
    Walk past there a couple times a day, get the feeling that you probably don't even need to book there, loads of space, out front not even used!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I go to the Queens Head now, 10 min walk away & pints were about £3.50 last year.
    Walk past there a couple times a day, get the feeling that you probably don't even need to book there, loads of space, out front not even used!
    Huskaris said:
    But they always run out of lemon for my G and T!. No chance of lime, alien concept. Never occirs to them to pop downw to Sainsburys 100 yards away and buy some.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    But they always run out of lemon for my G and T!. No chance of lime, alien concept. Never occirs to them to pop downw to Sainsburys 100 yards away and buy some.
    You can take the boy out of Bromley, but you can't take the Bromley out of the boy...
  • Options
    Back in the Crown & Anchor garden.
    There's lovely. 
    Martin the owner/landlord said Monday was his best for 15 years. 
    Blimey, how much did you drink?  :D
  • Options
    You are all functioning alcoholics 😉
  • Options
    i remember after the first lockdown. The one and only time that stupid pictures of peoples food (ohh avocado) were overtaken by people photoing their pints of beer. proper priorities. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:
    You are all functioning alcoholics 😉
    I was malfunctioning very well yesterday morning.

• Options
    Popped up the Red Lion on Shooters Hill. No bookings, plenty of tables. No time limits. 9.40 for two Moretti’s. Jobs a good un. 

Popped in to the Lord Herbert on way home. Garden has had a makeover and plenty of seating and no bookings either. Very nice atmosphere. 

We’ve just got to rely on no rain until 17 May! Bloody cold sitting outside tho so at least I go home early.

• Options
    Barely any rain forecast in the next fortnight and temperatures steadily rising from 10C to 17C  :smile:
  • Options
    I suffer from PTSD from running bars for the last 25 years, I genuinely feel 99% of blokes in a pub are all massive twats, I have a deep set problem with people drinking as I have seen it ruin so many lives in so many ways and the level of shithousery that gets excused because someone has a glass of beer in their hand still mystifies me. 
    But like I say my problem I guess, just thought I’d share 😁 but I always wonder is it just me?

Yes just you I'd say.
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Did you ever think the pub game might not be for you?
    Yes frequently, but the thing with it is it’s like the moonies, easy to get into but hard to get out!
    just accepted that it was par for the course I suppose; it’s only retrospectively since Ive left it behind that I wonder what the hell went on and I’m left with my black dog...
  • Options
    I can relate to that a bit @EugenesAxe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You mean easy to get into, hard to get out of, I assume, @AFKABartram, given your post-match reputation?
  • Options
    I can totally accept having a nice drink can be a great way to spend an evening, I liked it myself too much!
    what I still cant understand is the acceptance in life to the point it is sometimes foisted on people wether they want a part of it or not.
    I can only think there’s a link between drink and mental health, that it helps people self regulate when they are suffering from poor mental health; which judging by the numbers is a big old section of society, though they’ll never face it as any kind of reality.
    but I guess that’s where alcohol is integral in the cycle of depression, you drink to feel better but that drink is also prolonging it.
  • Options
    As far as the drinking goes I didn’t need anyone persuading me to partake, I could manage it all on my own.
    As far as the rest of your post goes, you’ve just repeated back to me what I said, if I wanted an echo I’d go and shout in the bathroom ta muchly!
    But seriously it was a figure of speech to illustrate my psychological struggle to be able to see that said patrons are just normal people, such is my clouded judgement.

Out of interest @Covered End are you saying there isn’t a link between anything more than a moderate alcohol intake and a deterioration in mental health?
    Because like I said the amount many people drink would suggest it’s quite a widespread problem wouldn’t you say? and yes that would also suggest a large portion of society are turning a blind eye... shocking huh!
  • Options
    I don't know and it's getting late, but most of the people I know are moderate drinkers.
    None of them are massive twats and they don't have mental health issues.
    Perhaps we associate with different types.
    I suspect most people's friend's and acquaintances are similar to mine.
  • Options
    I think the link to alcohol and mental health is an interesting one. On a similar theme; I'm often astounded by how many people are for the legalisation of cannabis for the same reasons.
  • Options
    White Lion, Locksbottom today. 2 bottles of house merlot, pint of Spitfire, 2 Burgers with fries, £61. No service/delivery charge.  Recommend 
  • Options
    I don't know and it's getting late, but most of the people I know are moderate drinkers.
    None of them are massive twats and they don't have mental health issues.
    Perhaps we associate with different types.
    I suspect most people's friend's and acquaintances are similar to mine.
    Indeed and my friends are the same, but there’s a lot of twats in the world and there’s a particular place you can guarantee they’ll congregate, I’m sensing a connection.
    The last place I was at was a British Legion club so maybe a bad example 😆
  • Options
    Crown & Anchor Bromley, 2.5 pints of Guinness & 2 pints of Symonds dry cider £14.20.
    I said are you sure that's right and repeated what we'd had & she said it was definitely correct.
    It couldn't have been, I was expecting £20+