Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• I want to know where @Bromley Graham has been today?  

The Bull is a beautiful pub but it is pricey but it has the lot.  Lovely garden and a good Sunday roast.  Their cauliflower cheese is lovely... hmm might go and look at the booking page.  All Youngs pubs are quite pricey. 
  • edited April 2021
    We went last October, they've got scaffolding in the garden with a roof, softened the look with some cargo netting, also had fan heaters for each table, Very nicely done then it all got shutdown.

Beers are usually ok, I'm a IPA/Light Ale drinker, Tribute is pretty good there.

Just hoping it's a bit warmer next Wednesday.

That's to Covered End about the Shortlands.
  • Here's the forecast for a special person's birthday.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/br1
  • Curb_It said:
    I want to know where @Bromley Graham has been today?  

The Bull is a beautiful pub but it is pricey but it has the lot.  Lovely garden and a good Sunday roast.  Their cauliflower cheese is lovely... hmm might go and look at the booking page.  All Youngs pubs are quite pricey. 
    Quiet day at home with the wife I'm afraid.   Little wrinkle i heard. 3 old soaks are booking a table for a two hour slot each. 2,4,and 6pm. Thus drinking all afternòon without fear of being moved on. Naughty but nice!.
  • Curb_It said:

Ha, I’ve only clicked on this thread hoping to see a ‘3 bottles of Rose and a pint of lager’ post for today :-). 
  • Curb_It said:

Ha, I’ve only clicked on this thread hoping to see a ‘3 bottles of Rose and a pint of lager’ post for today :-). 
    Bar at cricket club opened for the first time last night. Had to support it so bit hung over this morning. Rose in fridge chiiling for tonight though!
  • 2121 said:
    Queens head is basically a spoons tho. Feels like it. Bulls head is different class (but also price)
     Ill give you a middle ground; crown inn (at the point of the bull-tiger-crown triangle)... even has a bowls lawn 
    Going slightly off at a tangent, you couldn't pay me to set foot in the Crown again.
    Without doubt the worst Sunday Roast I've ever experienced.  Absolute piss takers.

My review from a couple of years ago: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1637599-d2514714-r669987382-The_Crown_Inn_Restaurant-Chislehurst_Greater_London_England.html
  • Have taken a couple of days off this week to spend with my wife & daughter and have booked a table at The Bull in Otford on Thursday lunchtime. Have enjoyed lockdown drinks at home but am looking forward to having a pint poured and served for me.
    Lovely meal this afternoon and we managed to dodge the rain. To top it all, we went for a walk in the fields over the road and a Spitfire flew over, followed a few minutes later by a Hurricane.

Oh god I love Otford especially The Bull.
    I’m completely green with envy.............well maybe if you were actually drinking a nice ale 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't been to pub yet, but got tomorrow off for hospital, haircut and Rose of Denmark.

Didn't think I missed a real pint till I see all the photos and the invitations out this week.

• In the Richmal Compton opposite Bromley South station.
    Checked in with arrival time, weight and waist measurements.
    Given a table, they took my money and within 5 minutes got my Punk IPA for a very reasonable £3.70 and no service charge.
    It then started to rain and ended up under cover next to a loveable old skool lion.  We exchanged stories of the 80's. They're alright under the  Foreskin

• Have taken a couple of days off this week to spend with my wife & daughter and have booked a table at The Bull in Otford on Thursday lunchtime. Have enjoyed lockdown drinks at home but am looking forward to having a pint poured and served for me.
    Lovely meal this afternoon and we managed to dodge the rain. To top it all, we went for a walk in the fields over the road and a Spitfire flew over, followed a few minutes later by a Hurricane.

That’s how I roll 😎
  • se9addick said:
    My generic “look at my first beer in in a 3rd party venue for months” photo. Magic Rock Saucery (£6 a pint for those keeping track) 

Howww much?
  • Much as I couldn’t bring myself to book an appt at the barbers (got a walk in last night nice), I can’t deal with having to book to have a beer in the garden, it’s just not right, I can wait...
  • Fumbluff said:
    Much as I couldn’t bring myself to book an appt at the barbers (got a walk in last night nice), I can’t deal with having to book to have a beer in the garden, it’s just not right, I can wait...
    Support your local pubs and get a beer man!
  • se9addick said:
    My generic “look at my first beer in in a 3rd party venue for months” photo. Magic Rock Saucery (£6 a pint for those keeping track) 

£6 a pint. No wonder it's called saucery :-)

Snap - went down a treat till it hit a bit nippy. Moved on to red vino to warm up!

• iaitch said:
    I've not been back yet but booked in the Shortlands Tavern next Wednesday afternoon. 
    Let us know what it's like. 
    It's another on my list to visit.
    Shorthands Tavern is a good shout. Decent big garden.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boom said:

the dog looks like it wants a drink too!

Monday night at the Green Goddess pop-up beer garden at Charlton House, followed by the British Oak on Old Dover Road.

Same again tonight.

Job's a good'un.
  • Yeah he loves the pub as much as us!
  • edited April 2021
  • Boom said:
    Yeah he loves the pub as much as us!
    A beautiful little dog.
  • edited April 2021
    greenwood spitting distance from victoria station - sister pub of redwood london bridge

2 x moretti £6.00 each 
    1 x amstel £5.90 

pints of with service charge 

£20.14

pricey but is covered - tv screens showing sport - central london 

Oh god I love Otford especially The Bull.
    I’m completely green with envy.............well maybe if you were actually drinking a nice ale 🤣
    Tbh we stopped going to the Bull at Otford a few years back. It became very hit and miss. Last evening in 5 Bells at Eynsford, superb Harveys as always and no bookings required. They don't do food btw. Earlier in the week went out to Chaser Inn at Shipbourne which is always excellent. 
  • edited April 2021
  • Went to Crown and Anchor at Bromley North yesterday. It’s a decent enough set up - but ordering and paying for drinks was a ballache. They seemed to want every table to run tabs rather than pay for rounds. 
  • Went to Crown and Anchor at Bromley North yesterday. It’s a decent enough set up - but ordering and paying for drinks was a ballache. They seemed to want every table to run tabs rather than pay for rounds. 
    Well you've got the Anglesey,  Red Lion, Freelands Tavern, and the White Horse all within 5 mins walk from thr Crown and Handbag. Not sure if they are all open though.