Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Curbs new manager - Morts and Kin’s midfield coaches - Brownie and Fish defence coaches - Nelse and Clive forwards coaches

Sorted 

You joke but they seem to have a lot of tactical nous and are spot on in their analysis.  Would love to see Curbishley and Brown et al involved in some capacity.
  • Options
    It's all just been too flat for too long.

We're in a rut, and facing a "challenging" summer and 2021-2022 season.

None of us, not the players, nor the fans, nor (I fear) the coaching staff actually believe we can bounce back from adversity in a game, because we can all see the lack of self-belief as game follows game.

We need both nous and inspiration, a combination that is unlikely to be found in one person in the marketplace we can shop.  So, for me, someone like Chris Powell/Paul Mortimer, with probably Curbs as Director of Football is the best of the more likely options out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    If he phones my mum, he can go and live on the farm, with all my old pets....
  • Options
    IIRC there was a certain point in the promotion season where our line-up was unbelievably predictable - a diamond, two up top (one of whom never scored).  Didn't matter that the oppo knew this - our players were too good, and - of course - every player knew exactly what was required of them.

I do accept that lockdown has prevented anyone being able to play a settled team, but Bows has totally forgotten what brought him success in the first place
  • Options
    Bowyer post match on VP: 

“we started very well. Change of shape worked. We caused them a lot of problems.”
    ”scored first. Scored second, which should have been allowed”
    ”play in final third was not good enough. The quality we have in dressing room it’s not good enough”
    ”I’m the manager, I get them to a to b to c. I take the flack when we lose. But I’m embarrassed. We can’t keep losing games like that. But I will take the flack. We’ll go on to next Saturday”
    ”disappointed we didn’t win the game”
    Continued: 

“We can’t keep losing to sides at the bottom”
    “We started so well, and at times players take foot off the pedal”
    ”first whistle to last you have to be at it. At times they believe they’re better than they are”
    ”I won’t make excuses. I take praise when we win. So I’ll take it now when we don’t.”
    ”Burton are a solid side. They beat Hull 1-0. Hardworking lads giving everything, sometimes that’s enough. We seem to get nervous and start going long”
    ”Great delivery from Shinnie. We know what Jayden’s strengths are. We work the ball to this part of the pitch but final ball is poor quality”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs new manager - Morts and Kin’s midfield coaches - Brownie and Fish defence coaches - Nelse and Clive forwards coaches

Sorted 

You joke but they seem to have a lot of tactical nous and are spot on in their analysis.  Would love to see Curbishley and Brown et al involved in some capacity.
    I’m not joking
  • Options
    He made excuses straight after this  :D 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    How the fuck can people still defend Bowyer
        Did we play like shit for 30 minutes ?
        We hit the post 3 times, I have a goal disallowed    
        that was a Goal, and two or our defenders go to sleep  and they Score a header.
    Ok no excuses we should have wiped the bottom team off the page and won 3-1, but how on earth can you blame all these events on Bowyer ?
    we just cannot win a home and we leak stupid Goals and I very much doubt we will get to the playoffs, but who is going to replace Bowyer ?
    Teams all know we need to score at least 2 goals not to lose and the team have to stop this happening and Bowyer is as good as anyone we can afford to manage this Club.
    Have you not noticed the pattern yet?
  • Options
    Terrible. 
    I think TS and Jed Roddy have a busy couple of months ahead getting a replacement. 
    Put in JJ or Jason in as caretaker and take our time getting the right man . 
    Thomas must wonder what he’s let himself in for ! 
    JJ is our defensive coach isn't he ? Hearing Steve Brown speak a lot of sense recently maybe he should be taken on board.
  • Options
    'started with an attacking line up'

Yeah OK mate 
  • Options
    I've been a Bow supporter, and I wont use derogatory or rude language against him, however it is time for a change. I thank him for what he did, but we are in relegation form and look devoid of confidence.
    A change of manager now wont rescue the season, but will give the new man time to plan for next season. I understand peoples frustrations, but just being to rude to Bowyer is, in my opinion, poor form.
    Well said .
  • Options
    It's just plain embarrassing now - he needs to go. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Minto's reaction there would tell me Bowyer might bo off, He's facial expression said it all
  • Options
    After watching Bowyer's interview I have one question. What is an outside centre half?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    After watching Bowyer's interview I have one question. What is an outside centre half?
    Someone like Pratley or Oshilaja tonight who is playing on the outside of a back three?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Ok no excuses we should have wiped the bottom team off the page and won 3-1, but how on earth can you blame all these events on Bowyer ?
    we just cannot win a home and we leak stupid Goals and I very much doubt we will get to the playoffs, but who is going to replace Bowyer ?
    Teams all know we need to score at least 2 goals not to lose and the team have to stop this happening and Bowyer is as good as anyone we can afford to manage this Club.
           Yes we cannot win at home ?
            Your point is ?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2021
    LB Sloppy defending - but when the defence changes every single week and there is no set way of playing then it is likely that the defence is going to be confused.

Second half was diabolical and the most disordered and confused a formation, I have seen in many years of supporting Charlton.

Time for a change
  • Options
    Stig said:
    A central defender without indoor plumbing?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
           Yes we cannot win at home ?
            Your point is ?
    My point is, looking for excuses and claiming bad luck doesn't address the issue that fact is telling us.