Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Watching that was dire. One of our worst league results ever, surely? They’ve got one QUARTER of their total points tally against us as it stands.

Ultimately… I think that’s it for Bows, sadly. The body language was awful; Olly’s tweets were morose; the players appear to be rudderless. 

That’s it for this season and I look forward to a renewed push with different coaching personnel in 2021/22.

Bullet points (most made during the game):

- There is NO movement ahead of the ball when we are in possession and in particular when our wingers are in possession 

- Defensively we look to soak up pressure and counter against everyone in the league. Burton are bottom and we are trying to do this, to no avail.

- There is no willingness to adapt tactically after oppositions identify what we are doing 

- Ben Watson underhits every pass ever

- There is too much space between Stockley and the wingers. This is exacerbated by only playing what appears to be one central midfielder

- We appear to pick eleven players seemingly at random from week to week

- There is no cogent philosophy to our play - not even one as simple as "get it down the wings, down the line and cross in from the byline"

- We started today with two wingbacks and two wingers? What the hell is that?

- The subs were thrown in seemingly at random, and Schwartz looked lost. Well, not even - he did nothing. And I suspect that is because we have made several panicked, disjointed signings, and that’s reflected in the way we play and squad imbalance.

But apart from that...
  • Options
    Sincere thanks to Bowyer for everything he has done for the club, but TS should've had the balls to sack him weeks ago. 

Anyone that still backs Bowyer.....get your head out of your arse!

Logging off for the night otherwise I may get myself banned.
  • Options
    Terrible. 
    I think TS and Jed Roddy have a busy couple of months ahead getting a replacement. 
    Put in JJ or Jason in as caretaker and take our time getting the right man . 
    Thomas must wonder what he’s let himself in for ! 
    Got a feeling that if Bowyer goes, thats what'll happen for the rest of the season
  • Options
    I said it weeks ago fuck off now bowyer befor you take us down and take your mates with you 
  • Options
    I'm so sad to have to say this, but that's enough for me.

Bye bye Lee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just not good enough, Burton didn’t even have to play well, which says everything about us. We are probably a month late already if bowyer was to go. Performances, tactics, crazy team selection has undone all the good feeling bowyer built with the fans and it’s very sad. But enough is enough I think. I can’t see any way of improvement going forward.
  • Options
    Pathetic. Getting worse every week. Need this season to just hurry up and finish.

Embarrassing result and performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Disappointing.  Terrible performance after a decent first 20 mins, then our play just collapsed.  Desperately need change.
  • Options
    What an absolute sack of shite. 

I must have more chance of Amanda Holden sitting on me face than Bowyer has of keeping his job.
    Both in the brown stuff.
  • Options
    Seasons over
    weve done enough to stay up - you would hope 
    Chance of playoffs still but very slim
    I reckon there’s definitely still a chance of the playoffs, we just need either a new manager or a new team, and the transfer window is closed.