Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    I have to say Bowyer is starting to look more clueless than KF. Game after game he keeps making bizarre decisions.

• Options
    Can’t see LB having an interview on VP. 
  • Options
    I've been a Bow supporter, and I wont use derogatory or rude language against him, however it is time for a change. I thank him for what he did, but we are in relegation form and look devoid of confidence.
    A change of manager now wont rescue the season, but will give the new man time to plan for next season. I understand peoples frustrations, but just being to rude to Bowyer is, in my opinion, poor form.
    Agreed, he doesn’t need any abuse from us as fans, but he does need to go, he isn’t doing the job required. He isn’t having any positive effect on the team.
  • Options
    This has that Dagenham and Redbridge away feeling all over it. It doesn’t get lower than this. It can’t. 
  • Options
    Curbs: "We give other teams a lift when they come here, for some reason."
  • Options
    Thought Bowyer said to the lino at the end that the wrong offside decision has cost him his job. Let's hope so.

If you play 5 at the back at home to rock bottom Burton and leave your fit top striker on the bench in a must win game for you, then you must win.

Very surprised that we have lost 3 games since MK as @Redrobo told us we wouldn't lose again this season.
    I thought the same. He definitely said something about getting the sack. 
  • Options
    Curbs new manager - Morts and Kin’s midfield coaches - Brownie and Fish defence coaches - Nelse and Clive forwards coaches

Sorted 
    Alternatively, Andy Nelson is still alive, if we want to score more goals than we concede - removes the need to have defensive coaches 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    I'm not angry, I'm sad. Bowyer will go with credit for the day out at Wembley, and holding things together through some abject times. But he does need to go.

I do think his players have stitched him up though, which is grim.
    Have they? 

They seem as clueless as the fans to what bowyer wants from them, and the system to play.

Tonight we: 

- played long balls to jaiyesimi 
    -pissed around passing the ball around the back
    -had fullbacks further upfield than the wingers 
    -played so one sided, predominantly using the left side and Millar 
    -had aneke playing some sort of centre mid for the last 15 mins 
    -stood off the attacking player with possession, leading to two goals
    - being 2-1 down, brought on a defender, and left it to 85th min to bring on a central midfielder

All of it is bowyers tactics, and the shape he wants
    Don't get me wrong, I can't defend our lack of shape and gameplan, and that has been the case for many months. We have been tactically outhought by MK Dons, Burton and numerous other teams around the lower half.

I just mean that, to my eye, the collective team did not seem to be busting a get to get the two goals they would need to save their boss, once we went 2-1 down...
  • Options
    If I told you all that a Bowyer managed team once scored 8-goals in a single game, how many of you would believe me??
  • Options
    I have defended Bowyer but for seventy mins we were shocking and he has to take the blame for that seventy mins. I could not see any urgency, no desperate chase to get back in the game. If Bowyer goes I hope he is followed out of the door by most of these players, I could be wrong but a performance like that smacks of 'we wont be here next year so why give a shit'.
  • Options
    Burton looked like they were a team who had a plan and who had trained together.  We didn’t.  Still on the bright side, only six points from safety which I’m sure we’ll get.  Won’t we?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    This has that Dagenham and Redbridge away feeling all over it. It doesn’t get lower than this. It can’t. 
    Have you forgotten what happened over the summer? Of course it can get worse than this
  • Options
    But what’s changed? We were making a decent fist of staying up last year until Connor went and we lost loads of players to injury. Since then, we’ve been poor. Why?
  • Options
    Bowyer taking ages to attend interview
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Thought Bowyer said to the lino at the end that the wrong offside decision has cost him his job. Let's hope so.

If you play 5 at the back at home to rock bottom Burton and leave your fit top striker on the bench in a must win game for you, then you must win.

Very surprised that we have lost 3 games since MK as @Redrobo told us we wouldn't lose again this season.
    Yes shook refs hand and tore into the Lino, agree think he said you’ve just got me the sack.  Though Inniss is still to come... 
  • Options
    Sod the game and the result for a minute, I do love listening to Curbs and Morts analysing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who can see this changing under Bowyer? Nuff said!
  • Options
    He's on the way over according to Cawley
  • Options
    At home & Not laying a glove in the last 20 minutes to a team that are rock bottom of the league and are beating us 2-1.

Nah mate. He's gone!
  • Options
    Better if he didn't.
  • Options
    At least all your pals got a game tonight Bows. 

Shinnie better than Morgan, yeah OK mate, he's dog shit. 

Knew we wouldn't get nothing out of that after seeing the line up.

Quite literally the worst Charlton side In my lifetime. Not ability, but just fucking clueless.

I said Bowyer needs to sort it out in October and got shot down. 
  • Options
    After 50 years of supporting Charlton, it would be overstated to say it's the worst team I have seen, but it's pretty bad. Not a lot you can say. I thought as an away team, bottom of the league, Burton deserved to win. Very poor. Very disappointing. Reminds of a few years ago under the insessant number of poor managers we had. We need cohesion. Bowyer keeps making changes. Very waring this season. Not enjoying it one bit. Keep making excuses.
  • Options
    Burton looked like they were a team who had a plan and who had trained together.  We didn’t.  Still on the bright side, only six points from safety which I’m sure we’ll get.  Won’t we?
  • Options
    Run out of ideas.  Awful (again).  I like Bowyer and he's had plenty of time - anyone else and we'd all be calling for change.  But I think we need some fresh ideas, decent game plan and player man management.
  • Options
     Bowyer time to go fishing. Your teams are clueless, devoid of passion and leadership. 
    Thomas please for all our sakes prepare t