Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    I think that’s a pretty decent point .. Fleetwood are a very good home side and are use to playing in these conditions ... don’t think watching on tv really showed how difficult it was and not just the wind but the pitch as well it was very sticky ...

Defensively we coped very well. we looked a lot better when Purrington come on .. great clearance by Gunter but we kept them
    at arms length for long periods .... we struggled in mid only because the way the game was played and up front there was very little created for the front men ...  

all in all it’s a decent point 

You are on the wind up, aren't you? 
  • Options
    Absolute dog shite of a performance.

It was strange how Fleetwood had no problems playing in the windy conditions, whereas Charlton just couldn’t adapt.

Promotion. You’re having a laugh.
  • Options
    Absolute garbage second half. We were atrocious playing into the wind, whereas in the first half Fleetwood found a way of passing the ball and creating chances.

Yes we started the second half badly, but still baffling why we made 4 subs by the 60th minute, it looked a bit desperate

Bowyer looked a beaten man in the VP interview
  • Options
    Crafty57 said:
    Well that was abysmal! The diamond doesn’t work, why keep going there, stick to 442, but our midfield are pedestrian at best. Technically our midfield is good enough for league one, but there’s no pace there. The one player we did have to attack players with the ball fell out of favour with LB and is now at Cardiff. So with that in mind, the defence will always be under pressure, and our attack gets no service as we don’t seem to win second balls. And how many times did we get away with this torrid passing out at the back, which is fine if we actually pass intelligently, which we don’t.
    This is league 1, basic football gets results, pretty football is great if it comes off, but these teams just take advantage of that and pressure us into errors.
    What really concerns me is that all our younger players seem to have their confidence knocked. With the exception of Millar, Albie doesn’t look half the player he is, Maatsen also, and Smith just started to look like he was getting in the game, and was substituted. 
    Thankfully we’re playing Tuesday, as a week of training doesn’t seem to achieve much.
    I still say we have the squad good enough to win this league, but for whatever reason we are definitely underachieving. Which has cost us automatic, and is threatening a play off place, and on that performance, we need a rethink if we want to get anything this season. 

We must have played a flat 4-4-2 for the majority of that game, we were terrible going forward whatever formation we played and whoever was on the pitch.
  • Options
    Wasn't Robbo sacked (or, like, left by mutual consent) after a draw against this lot?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    What a load of shit!  Positives for me were Stockley and having Famewo back. It's good to have a defender who has the nous to realise that you can defend by cutting the ball off from the man. I'm going to temper some of the praise Amos is getting by saying that his distribution was dreadful. All either high balls up in the air (or off the side of the pitch) or pathetically short passes drawing everyone back and inviting more pressure. Surely every amateur keeper in the land knows that when you're kicking into the wind you keep it low. Is he not strong enough to do this or has he never been told? It also pissed me off that we needed to score to win and he's crossing the pitch to take goal kicks from the opposite side. To be fair, in the context of the game it was probably the best thing to do, but for me it belied a lack of ambition which is frankly unacceptable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was meant to be the ONE highlighlight of the day! Now watching Torquay vs Halifax... we are no better than them and definitely have less desire. Crazy meaningless season.
  • Options
    That's the last tenner that I waste on this shower of shite. Amos constantly putting us under pressure by throwing the ball out. Shinnie one decent centre then at fault for their goal. Only one's who could come out with any credit in my opinion are Famewo and Stockley. Gunter loves throwing to Fleetwood players. Have seen some piss poor games this season but this must have been the worst! Terrible conditions for both teams.
  • Options
    Sounds like I had a result skipping the game! 

Disappointing to hear we sounded like strangers but not overly surprised. Doesn't seem to matter what formation or players play we are destined for mid table this season. 
  • Options
    How did Fleetwood get on in there last game before today?
  • Options
    They've won 2 in their last 15. Good team though apparently sitting in 16th. 
    When you're looking at your own benchmark of 5 wins in 19 they probably don't look that bad!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Beat Doncaster 3-1 I think in their last home game, lost away at Plymouth last week 1-0
  • Options
    It doesn’t get any worse than that .. oh wait, we’re playing Burton on Tuesday. I’m amazed I didn’t fall asleep. At lease Ant and Dec’s Saturday night takeaway is back for a new series tonight
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    It doesn’t get any worse than that .. oh wait, we’re playing Burton on Tuesday. I’m amazed I didn’t fall asleep. At lease Ant and Dec’s Saturday night takeaway is back for a new series tonight
    Steady on, I know the game was bad but...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    They've won 2 in their last 15. Good team though apparently sitting in 16th. 
    So many times this season we've gone into a game where the opposition have been on a similarly awful run and made them look Brazil. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well we didn't lose... somehow

our saviour Famewo did 90 but looked ropey.

Millar all puff.

Stockley scored and we only conceded one so there's that
    Did you get those fake news stats from Donald Trump?  We had at least one corner.  Indeed, I seem to remember three, one from our left in the first half, one from each side in the second half toward the end.
    I did think that we also definitely had 4 shots.

That's iFollow for you!
    Yeah, they say we didn't create any successful crosses ..... although we scored from one!

• Options
    Apart from their 22 chances, I thought we were quite comfortable.
    Yeh but only 8 were on target🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    22 chances, 8 on target ...... but only 2 'clear cut chances', of which they scored from one.

Fleetwood were busy, adapted well to their familiar windy coastal conditions - but really, they had little more cutting edge than we had.

• Options
    I remember being at reading away last season and thinking we always do better in the second half after Bowyers team talk. Now we tend to look worse after half time. Today we looked clueless.