Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Thomas has every right to be seriously pissed off at that performance.

LB & JJ need to work on basic teamwork.
    Whatever happened to the old one two? Fleetwood found it useful, we had no clue how to defend against it.
  • Options
    Millar starts on the right, makes a pass left, keeps his run going, ends on the left wing, crosses in abs we score.

No idea what he was doing starting in the right but to nit switch him abs Shinnie at half time and instead make close on 4 subs on 60 minutes to ensure we hardly had another attack really didn’t go well.

I can only think Bowyer was trying to find a way to get some service into Schwartz. Didn’t work.

Awful game of football and if it wasn’t for not being able to do anything much else no way I’d be watching Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Told you before we will not win anything until the owner sacks both Bowyer and Jackson.It’s about time Sangarde had a bit of bottle.
  • Options
    cazo said:if was not for Gunter we would have lost .... Perhaos you should be looking at the other full back fir our real problems 
    bye bye bowyer and take Gunter With you

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Apart from their 22 chances, I thought we were quite comfortable.
    Yeh but only 8 were on target🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    22 chances, 8 on target ...... but only 2 'clear cut chances', of which they scored from one.

Fleetwood were busy, adapted well to their familiar windy coastal conditions - but really, they had little more cutting edge than we had.

They're a team in 16th which lost one of their main goal threats in Ched Evans, and indeed also lost a manager to presumably off field reasons. It's not a high bar to try and show as much cutting edge as them, which we massively failed to do...
  • Options
    I'm fed up with feeling this deflated every Saturday night.

This week, as an added bonus, I'll get to mix it up a bit & feel deflated on a Tuesday night as well!!
    I don't even have the Masked Singer to cheer me up afterwards  :D
  • Options
    We need to lower our expectations and maybe bowyer has a point about a new team coming together. We really do have to start planning for next season because even if we made the play offs there is no way we would get to the final and certainly not win it.
  • Options
    They have also just done Donnie 3-1. The conditions were horrendous and Fleetwood have a far better idea of how to play in that wind than we do, no it wasn't pretty and some of our players didn't get a touch but its a point won.
  • Options
    The tide of support for Lee has definitely turned after today’s result. That could be the beginning of the end for him . 
  • Options
    We need to lower our expectations and maybe bowyer has a point about a new team coming together. We really do have to start planning for next season because even if we made the play offs there is no way we would get to the final and certainly not win it.
    If we made the playoffs, we would have to be on one mother of a winning streak, and playing like this squad should be. Therefore, I’d be confident we would piss both first legs and Wembley.

However, it will not be happening...... 
  • Options

Dreary, dismal stuff. We managed just one shot on target in the entire game. Fleetwood are a dull team, too – yet registered 22 shots; we were hanging on at the end. We simply aren’t sharp or inventive enough for the play-offs.

Once again our central midfield lacked the creative spark to mount dangerous attacks. Shinnie probed in the first half – crossed accurately for Stockley’s well-taken goal – but disappeared in the second. Stockley was our most effective outfield player. Millar had a rare bad game.

Smith achieved something remarkable – in 56 minutes he made no impression whatsoever. And I’m sorry to say – Schwartz is a dud.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its not all bad, Ant and Dec are back on TV tonight 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    A truly terrible second half performance from Charlton, in a game which - quality wise - would not have looked out of place in non-league.

In terms of the level we’re at, that has to be one of the most abject 45 minutes I’ve seen over the last 50 years or so. The present team looks pretty rooted in League 1.

We somehow held out for a point despite the Fleetwood onslaught, but the team looked mentally shot and totally lacking in confidence, belief and leadership.

Big pressure this week, as two more lame performances at The Valley would, realistically, end our play-off pretensions.
  • Options
    I'm struggling to think of worse performance this season from an attacking point of view. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Apart from their 22 chances, I thought we were quite comfortable.
    Yeh but only 8 were on target🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    22 chances, 8 on target ...... but only 2 'clear cut chances', of which they scored from one.

Fleetwood were busy, adapted well to their familiar windy coastal conditions - but really, they had little more cutting edge than we had.

They're a team in 16th which lost one of their main goal threats in Ched Evans, and indeed also lost a manager to presumably off field reasons. It's not a high bar to try and show as much cutting edge as them, which we massively failed to do...
    That wasn't my point @killerandflash

Dazzler had posted a table of match stats, which included showing Fleetwood had 22 chances ..... wow! that's impressive.

But it's a good reason to see that all these stats are usually meaningless ..... 22 chances? Hardly, they included all sorts of 40 yard wind-assisted punts that went nowhere near the goal, overhit crosses and tame spongefoot shooting that barely trickled vaguely in the direction of the goal line ..... and that's  most of their "8 shots on target".

The same table showed they had "2 clear cut chances", of which they scored with one and Amos brilliantly saved the other.
    But really, the only stat that counts is the number of goals scored.

• Options
    Same as last week:

WELCOME BACK CHRIS

it can’t happen soon enough 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think it comes down to balls. We have a great start in demanding conditions and it isn't a masterstroke that you push up and press and make it hard for your opponents to clear in the conditions. Bowyer has become a negative coward and when we scored, his priority was to be solid but everybody knows you have to play the conditions.

Par at H/T was 2-0 and we came in 1-1. Fleetwood murdered us in the second half because they set up how any half decent manager would. We can thank a lack of finishing ability on their part and a lot of luck for gaining a point. Sadly, we can't put it down to anything we did!

Yes Bowyer is an ultra negative coward and I would gladly say it to his face.  He should walk and surely would do if he put the club above himself. Even he must realise that he has lost it!
  • Options
    Perhaps Bowyer ain't the man for the Job, he tried three subs at once to change things and nothing!.