Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    These player marks for Maatsen - why? Just why? He got beaten down the line once, got it nabbed by an offside player once, and missed one header with the ball swirling in the wind. People have given him 3! 2! What the hell? He gave us the impetus to go forward for our goal and also got another cross in, had another cross called back for an earlier offside, and very nearly got in on goal if Millar's pass had been accurate. Why are people saying he was our worst player? He had a non-entity in Shinnie in front of him. Ludicrous
    to me he looks like a fish out of water at the moment. Don’t know what but reckon somethings happened. Purrington looked much more solid once he came on.
    Maatsen was god damn awful, he’s managed to regress as the seasons gone on.
    The one time in the first half he linked up with Millar, we scored. Because Bowyer put Millar on the right. Which was absurd
  • Options
    it should be a good team that looks terrible and yet still gets a point (or three) .. the thing is though, we look nothing like a good team .. decent players playing poorly .. time for Bowyer to go before this season becomes a real disaster
  • Options
    bye bye bowyer and take Gunter With you
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well we didn't lose... somehow

our saviour Famewo did 90 but looked ropey.

Millar all puff.

Stockley scored and we only conceded one so there's that
    Did you get those fake news stats from Donald Trump?  We had at least one corner.  Indeed, I seem to remember three, one from our left in the first half, one from each side in the second half toward the end.
    I did think that we also definitely had 4 shots.

That's iFollow for you!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    These player marks for Maatsen - why? Just why? He got beaten down the line once, got it nabbed by an offside player once, and missed one header with the ball swirling in the wind. People have given him 3! 2! What the hell? He gave us the impetus to go forward for our goal and also got another cross in, had another cross called back for an earlier offside, and very nearly got in on goal if Millar's pass had been accurate. Why are people saying he was our worst player? He had a non-entity in Shinnie in front of him. Ludicrous
    to me he looks like a fish out of water at the moment. Don’t know what but reckon somethings happened. Purrington looked much more solid once he came on.
    The one time in the first half he linked up with Millar, we scored. Because Bowyer put Millar on the right. Which was absurd
    You can have a hand in our goal and still be awful, I was a big fan earlier this season but I think he’s got worse.
  • Options
    One good thing that has happened in the last few days is the signing of Stockley, without him we would be further down the table
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's too late to save our season, IMHO.

We should have parted ways with LB months ago, as it was abundantly clear then that he was out of his depth.

Instead we chose to sacrifice our season due to loyalty to LB.  Now we will be lucky if we get a top-half finish.

But at least if we make the change now, then the new manager will be able to have more time to build a team to challenge next season.

We can't go on like this.
  • Options

Defensively we coped very well. we looked a lot better when Purrington come on 

61'

Substitution

Substitution, Charlton Athletic. Ben Purrington replaces Ian Maatsen.

61'

Post update

Attempt missed. Paddy Madden (Fleetwood Town) left footed shot from outside the box is just a bit too high. Assisted by Mark Duffy.

62'

Post update

Attempt saved. Kyle Vassell (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Danny Andrew.

67'

Post update

Attempt missed. Danny Andrew (Fleetwood Town) left footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Harrison Holgate.

69'

Post update

Attempt saved. Callum Connolly (Fleetwood Town) header from the right side of the six yard box is saved in the top right corner. Assisted by Daniel Batty with a cross.

71'

Post update

Attempt saved. Paddy Madden (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by James Hill.

72'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Daniel Batty (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Kyle Vassell.

72'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Danny Andrew (Fleetwood Town) left footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.

75'

Post update

Attempt missed. Paddy Madden (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left. Assisted by Danny Andrew.

and then there was a big fight and nothing really happened after that, but sure

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I think that’s a pretty decent point .. Fleetwood are a very good home side and are use to playing in these conditions ... don’t think watching on tv really showed how difficult it was and not just the wind but the pitch as well it was very sticky ...

Defensively we coped very well. we looked a lot better when Purrington come on .. great clearance by Gunter but we kept them
    at arms length for long periods .... we struggled in mid only because the way the game was played and up front there was very little created for the front men ...  

all in all it’s a decent point 

Come off it  :trollface:
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Well he is right footed what was absurd was having no-one on left side of midfield so Maatsen was needlessly exposed from the off and I think he's being unfairly singled out when the whole team were shite
  • Options
    I think that’s a pretty decent point .. Fleetwood are a very good home side and are use to playing in these conditions ... don’t think watching on tv really showed how difficult it was and not just the wind but the pitch as well it was very sticky ...

Defensively we coped very well. we looked a lot better when Purrington come on .. great clearance by Gunter but we kept them
    at arms length for long periods .... we struggled in mid only because the way the game was played and up front there was very little created for the front men ...  

WTF
  • Options
    Madden ? .. I have been saying for the past six years (go on count 'em) that he should be a Charlton player .. too late now
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Think that was the worst we’ve played all season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Pratley is a decent defensive mid and Millar is great. The test of our midfielders seem only capable of having one good game in 3, JFC, Watson, Shinnie, Morgan and now Smith who looks out of his depth already. Our midfield has scacely dominated all season On our good run in October it was our defence that won us the games, often not ones we deserved to win.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    This was a turgid game. We are going backwards. On this performance I can’t see our owner having too much patience. That was truly awful.
    i can’t really say much else now. 
    This totally.

I've said it before but I will say it again - I've worked for a number of very rich, successful businessmen. They all had a real charm about them and people would meet them and always say what a nice bloke.

But they hadn't got to where they were in life just by being nice. Not doing what they wanted or mucking up didn't get tolerated for long. They were all completely ruthless when they had to be.

TS has invested millions into the club. I can't believe he is going to put up with this for much longer.
  • Options
    I cannot remember a worse performance from the 5 th minute onwards. We are being outplayed by ordinary league 1 teams like Gillingham and Fleetwood how we weren’t punished for constantly giving the ball away in dangerous positions, I do not know.Those stats above make painful reading. I think we have some good players but there is no confidence there, we buy a star player from Swindon and he doesn’t play,the midfield does not compete and something now has to happen. We have to build for next season  I think now with a new manager
  • Options
    Apart from their 22 chances, I thought we were quite comfortable.
    Yeh but only 8 were on target🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Yeah, all the pointless and disruptive substitutions he did make - most criminally, taking off Smith who was starting to dictate - and he left Jaiyesimi on the bench the whole game!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

Come off it  :trollface:
    I think he thinks it is windy like that every game Fleetwood play. 

There are lots of obvious points but a glaring one was the pointlessness of playing Schwartz or Washington when we were never going to give them any service.
  • Options
    It was a triumph to concede a single goal and get a point. But, I'm really not sure what our plan is under Bowyer? We look, at present, no more impressive than we did in 2010-2011 which has to be the most uninspiring season I've ever seen since I started following the club. Given the squad we have (now) there is no explanation as to why we should look so ordinary, not to mention poor, for stretches of the game. Still, a point earned I guess.