Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Pathetic to be honest.
  • Options
    I am not critical of the second half. It was the first half where we let the game slip.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Apart from their 22 chances, I thought we were quite comfortable.
    Yeh but only 8 were on target🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    22 chances, 8 on target ...... but only 2 'clear cut chances', of which they scored from one.

Fleetwood were busy, adapted well to their familiar windy coastal conditions - but really, they had little more cutting edge than we had.

They're a team in 16th which lost one of their main goal threats in Ched Evans, and indeed also lost a manager to presumably off field reasons. It's not a high bar to try and show as much cutting edge as them, which we massively failed to do...
    That wasn't my point @killerandflash

Dazzler had posted a table of match stats, which included showing Fleetwood had 22 chances ..... wow! that's impressive.

But it's a good reason to see that all these stats are usually meaningless ..... 22 chances? Hardly, they included all sorts of 40 yard wind-assisted punts that went nowhere near the goal, overhit crosses and tame spongefoot shooting that barely trickled vaguely in the direction of the goal line ..... and that's  most of their "8 shots on target".

The same table showed they had "2 clear cut chances", of which they scored with one and Amos brilliantly saved the other.
    But really, the only stat that counts is the number of goals scored.

But in the same circumstances we managed maybe three or four. So even if we assume that most of their "opportunities" were nothing of the sort, they still managed to outperform us by a considerable margin.
  • Options

Yes Bowyer is an ultra negative coward and I would gladly say it to his face.  
    You're getting brave, Muttley. I bet Bowyer would be shaking in his boots! :smile:

• Options
    I think it comes down to balls. We have a great start in demanding conditions and it isn't a masterstroke that you push up and press and make it hard for your opponents to clear in the conditions. Bowyer has become a negative coward and when we scored, his priority was to be solid but everybody knows you have to play the conditions.

Par at H/T was 2-0 and we came in 1-1. Fleetwood murdered us in the second half because they set up how any half decent manager would. We can thank a lack of finishing ability on their part and a lot of luck for gaining a point. Sadly, we can't put it down to anything we did!

Yes Bowyer is an ultra negative coward and I would gladly say it to his face.  He should walk and surely would do if he put the club above himself. Even he must realise that he has lost it!
    Delete the word "coward" and I'd agree with this.
  • Options
    Awful. Useless result and a useless performance. That was the worst point I’ve ever seen is win. I genuinely feel sorry for Fleetwood that they couldn’t get a win against that. Save for the first 6 minutes, we were absolute guff. We are not getting anywhere near the playoffs. The season is over. Bowyer is on very, very thin ice
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It seems to be the only thing he is good at now. Bullying and digging out players that is. I would genuinely like to talk to him face to face. I am intrigued where the positive manager has gone. Every F*ing interview he has, pre match or post match he puts a negative spin on everything. Where is the manager who kept bigging up and backing his side?  It certainly has gone somewhere and has been replaced my Mr Negative excuses who has no qualms throwing his players under a bus.! 
  • Options
    The tide of support for Lee has definitely turned after today’s result. That could be the beginning of the end for him . 
    I've tried to be supportive to date, but it's getting increasingly more difficult to find anything positive to say or any reason for him to stay. If we keep on going the way we are, not only is there no chance of getting promoted, but there's a very real danger of having our lowest ever league finish. I hate the culture of keep changing managers, but there comes a time when you have to say that it's the most productive thing you can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to Schwartz, I'll start doubting him when he starts missing sitters. Not when he has absolutely zero service. I said before the game, this was not a game for him or Washington. It is like playing with 10 men the way we play.
    I mean they only knew he was going to play at about 20 past 4 last Saturday.  Obviously no chance to think about how they would get the ball to him.  Such a shame it was all last minute with no chance to plan. 
  • Options
    When you wish you'd carried on decorating instead of watching the football, something is very seriously wrong
    I wish I’d carried on cleaning out next doors gutters (the my didn’t ask me to) than watch that crap today. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To be fair to Schwartz, I'll start doubting him when he starts missing sitters. Not when he has absolutely zero service. I said before the game, this was not a game for him or Washington. It is like playing with 10 men the way we play.
    I mean they only knew he was going to play at about 20 past 4 last Saturday.  Obviously no chance to think about how they would get the ball to him.  Such a shame it was all last minute with no chance to plan. 
    I have a revolutionary idea!!, wingers to cross the ball into the box, midfielders to look forward  and also pass said ball into the box, in the vicinity of said excellent finishing striker(as quoted by the manager). I know crazy thinking but just here me out and give it a go!!!
  • Options
    Not criticising anyone with this, but I truly felt like that was a team not playing for their manager.

We desperately need fixing.
  • Options
    shite second half 
    if it was not for Akin we could have drooped 3 points.
    why the Fuck Amos cannot kick a ball out amazes 
    me, even in a strong second half wind getting the ball 10 feet from the half way line is better than rolling it out to marked players 👎👎

it was not pretty after they equalised but we got a point.
    if this current team end up in the playoffs it will be a nice surprise but a surprise all the same.
  • Options
    Forget about “saving the season”
    it’s already over for us. 
    Some bright points for us today, Famewo, Millar, Stockers, but overall we are just a mid table side.
    My MOM was Stockers. 
    My Invisible man of the match award goes to Schwartz. 
  • Options
    The man is deluded I'm afraid, we play crap football and get crap results.  He should be sacked.
  • Options
    Worst performance of the season by far . Depressing . Gunter awful , Schwartz just not good enough.  Millar and Famewo apart  , we are utter dogshit  .
    Schwartz is a finisher.  If we don't get the ball to him, he's not going to score, so we aren't playing to his strengths.
    Correct, we can’t even create an opportunity for a tap in or even a shot on target that the keeper might parry. Was Maddison the last to score from outside the 18 yd? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the situation with Bowyer's contract?

Isn't he on a ridiculous wage/contract (thanks Southall), therefore he won't walk as he'll get a huge pay-off if sacked.

I've read various things - wonder if anyone can clarify?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Pearce Capt, Pratley Capt, Gunter Cpt, what next Shinnie now?

Joke side at moment. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not criticising anyone with this, but I truly felt like that was a team not playing for their manager.

We desperately need fixing.
    This with bells on. 
    Only player who gave a fck was Stockley, Millar, and Deji tbf. 

Paydays a lot of em. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Isn't he on a ridiculous wage/contract (thanks Southall), therefore he won't walk as he'll get a huge pay-off if sacked.

Correct I believe.

Bowyer stated he'd want assurances with his contract so agreed instead of a 5 year deal he'd have a three year deal with a payout clause.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Bowyer totally misses the point. Yes, teams around us have had time to amass a squad & time to gel over the past couple of seasons.

BUT

Our team have enough about them to be able to string more than 2 passes together. Or to have a shot or two. It's not enough to say after every game its takes time for a squad to gel. That if that player hadn't been injured, or if the ref had done this or that. Time to shit or get off the pot.
  • Options
    Theree 22 shots were all over the place but at least they were in the vague vicinity of our penlty box to be able to have them.

I thought Fleetwood missed a trick in the second half though as they were far more dangerous from our goal kicks than they were from there own corners. All they had to do was boot it off from the halfway line, jog up the pitch a little and then get the ball back on the edge of our box.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    boggzy said:

It was quite openly stated that his new contract was six times more than his original one when he took over. Assuming that was poor let’s say £50 - 80 per annum. We can assume he is on at least £300,000 and possibly £500,000. This would make him one of, if not the highest paid manager in league one. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I want my money back.  All been said.  That was pretty awful - if that was some item I'd bought then I'd return it under the trade descriptions act as "not being of merchantable quality".  Yes the pitch was poor and the wind bad but Fleetwood managed it.  We ran around like headless chickens - do they even know each other?  I'm certainly not a Bowyer out person - and he had lots of excuses early in the season - but now?  They didn't seem to have a game plan and no organisation - and that's surely down to the manager.
  • Options
    Ben Watson has the look of a Dad having a kick about with his son and his sons mates.
    I've seen milk turn quicker!
    Instead of exploiting space that would give us some attacking threat he just simply makes short sideways passes. The most frustrating part of Charlton’s game is not taking advantage of spaces that would put the opposition under pressure. Prately is the same, will immediately pass back instead of looking up and checking ahead for forward space. 
  • Options
    I think it comes down to balls. We have a great start in demanding conditions and it isn't a masterstroke that you push up and press and make it hard for your opponents to clear in the conditions. Bowyer has become a negative coward and when we scored, his priority was to be solid but everybody knows you have to play the conditions.

Par at H/T was 2-0 and we came in 1-1. Fleetwood murdered us in the second half because they set up how any half decent manager would. We can thank a lack of finishing ability on their part and a lot of luck for gaining a point. Sadly, we can't put it down to anything we did!
    Real harsh but damn hard to argue with