Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    @Dazzler21 - Only thing I'll continue to say on here. People have started to make things personal with me on these threads now so refuse to debate with anyone after a result now.

Its a game at the end of the day, much bigger things have happened in my life of late that is no one's business for me to start caring that its anything more!!
    Fair enough, certainly no need to make anything football personal.

• Options
    These player marks for Maatsen - why? Just why? He got beaten down the line once, got it nabbed by an offside player once, and missed one header with the ball swirling in the wind. People have given him 3! 2! What the hell? He gave us the impetus to go forward for our goal and also got another cross in, had another cross called back for an earlier offside, and very nearly got in on goal if Millar's pass had been accurate. Why are people saying he was our worst player? He had a non-entity in Shinnie in front of him. Ludicrous
  • Options
    Awful, good to have Famewo back playing a full game and thanks to Amos who probably saved us a point. Can only say at least no one has to travel home after watching that
  • Options
    Bowyer has to go. Fuck watching another season and a half MINIMUM of that. If we want to go up this season he has to get the sack.

don't think we're going up this season no matter who's the manager at this point tbh
  • Options
    Dreadful, Bow saying that they are a good side. League position doesn't really suggest that. They were certainly better than us. Terrible conditions but they adapted better. We were lucky to get a point. Really can't see us making play offs unless something changes drastically.
  • Options
    LB sounds very low, just the performance, or something else? We were truly dreadful; worst performance in a run of poor performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plainly Lee sees a different game to everyone else, Brownie and Curbs able to be a 
    bit more open with the after show chat, but come on Lee, wake up to reality we just ain't
    performing, just wonder what poor old Thomas was thinking watching back home in his
    unfurnished back room, not a lot i think.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    When you have a wind like that you play like Fleetwood did in the second half in terms of the high press. We scored a goal and then became too cautious. As a manager in those conditions you play the conditions unless there is a negativity in your mindset. Incredibly we gave them a goal when we should have been looking for the second and third and pushed them back.

The second half just showed how poor we approached the first half. Can't be too critical of the second (because of the wind) although we were very lucky. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Ask Bowyer why he started Maatsen over Purrington and why make four changes 5 minutes after half time. 
    Because we are even worse at playing other teams formation than our own (some how)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well we didn't lose... somehow

our saviour Famewo did 90 but looked ropey.

Millar all puff.

Stockley scored and we only conceded one so there's that
    Shinnie's cross to Stockley in the 6th minute was successful, but we created nothing more.
  • Options
    Famewo looked like he's gained about two stone but he did well enough. 

Smith showed a touch of promise.

Amos played well in difficult conditions.

We scored a great goal.

We didn't lose. 

That's about it for positives. That 2nd half was barely watchable. 
  • Options
    Worst performance of the season by far . Depressing . Gunter awful , Schwartz just not good enough.  Millar and Famewo apart  , we are utter dogshit  .
  • Options
    First time I’ve said this, but Bowyer out.  Complete strangers today, awful all over, fuck the conditions they got it down and played don’t give us that crap.  
  • Options
    Ben Amos MOM

No other comment on Match.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That second half was abject, the thought of another season and a half in league one with Bowyer in charge makes me shudder. I’m so fed up with him, think he’s a broken man sadly and lost the plot for a while now. Players however also need to take some responsibility, same old each bloody week.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    These player marks for Maatsen - why? Just why? He got beaten down the line once, got it nabbed by an offside player once, and missed one header with the ball swirling in the wind. People have given him 3! 2! What the hell? He gave us the impetus to go forward for our goal and also got another cross in, had another cross called back for an earlier offside, and very nearly got in on goal if Millar's pass had been accurate. Why are people saying he was our worst player? He had a non-entity in Shinnie in front of him. Ludicrous
    AND he almost got an assist for either Schwartz or Smith!
  • Options
    That performance brought me back to the Slade days!  Awful, one dimensional and clueless. Fleetwood played to the conditions and we looked like a team of strangers. If we don’t get a result on Tuesday then questions need to be asked! Season is over in my eyes! 
  • Options
    We look devoid of ideas and Bowyer doesn't seem to know how to fix the obvious problems. This is becoming a broken record with every game we play. I can't remember the last game that we played well for 90 mins.
    This season is a right off now and I'm sick of this notion that we are going to go on a run soon it's only a matter of time, it's bollocks. We are playing so bad that going on another losing run looks more likely.

The only positive was Stockley which people seem to be saying every week. 

I'm so sick of it now and I'm becoming more and more disinterested as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Bowyer interview on Valley pass - he looks defeated & beaten ( could be cold! ) I think he's had enough now.
    Does a change now save the season - don't think so, think the players can't be assed either...
  • Options
    22 points from our last 19 matches - that's 35 points dropped.

I recall some saying at the start of this run that it was just a blip. It isn't and I just hope for those who lumped on us finishing in the top half of the table that we start to turn things around because, on the form dating back to the beginning of November, we are more likely to fail to do that than make the play offs.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    to me he looks like a fish out of water at the moment. Don’t know what but reckon somethings happened. Purrington looked much more solid once he came on.
    Maatsen was god damn awful, he’s managed to regress as the seasons gone on.
  • Options
    22 points from our last 19 matches - that's 35 points dropped.

I recall some saying at the start of this run that it was just a blip. It isn't and I just hope for those who lumped on us finishing in the top half of the table that we start to turn things around because, on the form dating back to the beginning of November, we are more likely to fail to do that than make the play offs.
    Relegation form.