Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• I get the impression Bowyer is sending a 'what the f**k do you know about football anyway?' message to the fans with that lineup.
  • I honestly don't mind losing that many games but I can't stand watching the boring football 
  • 2-0 Hull
  • Please just win, start the momentum rolling again
  • My daughter's 5th birthday today, so joining a bit late without reading and in a very good mood. 

No Williams OR Madison? Wow. We've struggled for creativity at the best of times and now our two creative sparks are off the pitch! I don't really know what to say.
  • Talal said:
    God is it Pratley centre back and Matthews on the left again. 
    Yes, because last week worked soooooo well....😄😄😄
    Well Matthews won us a corner that led to the first goal and got an assist for the other soooooo :D;)
    Yea and Pratley was outstanding at CB. Ah no wait...
    When else has he been shite at CB though?

You're right that Bowyer makes a rod for his own back when he drops the likes of Williams for one bad game as know thats what you'll come back with :)
    Not at all I wouldn’t have started Williams. Definitely would have started Maddison although I agree the pitch might have ruined that. 

Pratley has done a job but he’s not a CB. His performance last week showed exactly why he shouldn’t be there, he wasn’t even in the picture for their first goal. 
    Yeah I equally wasnt impressed with Pratley going walkies, really hope he's learnt from that!!
    It was poor but not unexpected because he’s a midfielder. We miss him in midfield too so for me it’s not just about whether he’s been poor at CB. You’ll disagree because you back Bowyer whatever which I respect but he’s doing my head in now. 
  • Cloudworm said:
    2-0 Hull
    What already? Bowyer OUT! :smile:

• Not paying £10 to watch that side again. Too many players either too slow or out of position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Well Matthews won us a corner that led to the first goal and got an assist for the other soooooo :D;)

You're right that Bowyer makes a rod for his own back when he drops the likes of Williams for one bad game as know thats what you'll come back with :)
    Not at all I wouldn’t have started Williams. Definitely would have started Maddison although I agree the pitch might have ruined that. 

Pratley has done a job but he’s not a CB. His performance last week showed exactly why he shouldn’t be there, he wasn’t even in the picture for their first goal. 
    Yeah I equally wasnt impressed with Pratley going walkies, really hope he's learnt from that!!
    It was poor but not unexpected because he’s a midfielder. We miss him in midfield too so for me it’s not just about whether he’s been poor at CB. You’ll disagree because you back Bowyer whatever which I respect but he’s doing my head in now. 
    And no doubt those who disagree with Bowyer will be saying what a good job he's done if we win today or go on another run without many changes to the team

I'd much rather be optimistic than two faced :)
  • edited January 2021
    Made my views clear on the preview.

Assuming we are not playing 3-5-2 and using Maatsen and Matthews as wing backs so the weekly grind goes on.
    Maatsen can turn into a good  mid field player and does give Cafc some much needed pace in the middle of the park.

Much respect to Pratley and Matthews for playing out of position. +1 for both players and young Ruud Maatsen, our Dutch master on the players marks afterwards.

No slagging off from me on the match thread.

Good luck to the players today who wear the shirt and the subs or game changers !

I will support for 98 odd minutes by watching on Valley pass.

Have a good day: that comment is for the players and Lee.

Maddison will play a part; I would prefer 90 minutes.

• Only tuning in for Minto and Curbs
  • redman said:
    Can't believe how many people are having a go at Pratley. Agreed he was poor last week but generally has been good. And of course Curbs said last week how impressed with him he had been. But there again a load of you used to criticise him. 
    Exactly. Seems some people are more obsessed with the concept of being ‘out of position’ than the reality of how Pratley has performed. He’s been good at CB and as he gets older it’s not surprising that he’d start to settle into more of that kind of role anyway. Pratley makes fewer mistakes than Deji who is a poor centre half. We’ve only ever seen Deji play badly at CB when he’s been there whereas Pratley has typically been good, but as that’s his ‘official’ position playing Pratley there instead has to be a mistake. It’s very odd
  • sralan said:
    Very uninspired by the team selection and don't get the logic. 

The only plus side is that we need a settled team and there are only 2 changes. With one of them forced. Just maybe the players will start to get used to playing out of position? Perhaps my dick will grow 50% with that new pump I've ordered? 
    Is that a bog standard foot pump or one of the fancy plug in the car types?
    Mains with multi coloured flashing LEDs and leopard print faux fur trim. 
  • Talal said:

And no doubt those who disagree with Bowyer will be saying what a good job he's done if we win today or go on another run without many changes to the team

I'd much rather be optimistic than two faced :)
    I'm two faced ...... I was optimistic an hour ago. And pessimistic when I saw the team line up.

• redman said:
    Can't believe how many people are having a go at Pratley. Agreed he was poor last week but generally has been good. And of course Curbs said last week how impressed with him he had been. But there again a load of you used to criticise him. 
    Exactly. Seems some people are more obsessed with the concept of being ‘out of position’ than the reality of how Pratley has performed. He’s been good at CB and as he gets older it’s not surprising that he’d start to settle into more of that kind of role anyway. Pratley makes fewer mistakes than Deji who is a poor centre half. We’ve only ever seen Deji play badly at CB when he’s been there whereas Pratley has typically been good, but as that’s his ‘official’ position playing Pratley there instead has to be a mistake. It’s very odd
    At the start of the season the whole view on here was that Pratley would be a Centre-Back, apparently he was too slow and old to be playing in Midfield now
  • Not paying £10 to watch that side again. Too many players either too slow or out of position.
    Will be interesting to see now with out the Range Rover on the line how many buys this match gets. With the negative side, I can see a sizeable drop off - I wonder if that will frustrate TS. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Looks like Bowyer's decided our left-back is better than Jonny Williams at Williams' position. I mean who knows, he might be, but he's also quite a good left-back 
    If you were picking those 11, for reasons, wouldn't it make more sense to have JFC either in front or behind Ian and Matthews in front of Gunter?

JFC was very good at left back against Fulham I don't think he has played there since 
    Agreed he played well out there but we played three center backs that day which probably helped him defensively.
    Yeah but Hull don't have the front 3 Fulham did either 
  • Just seen the line up and can't believe my eyes! Did LB not see what happened last week???
    If we pull this rabbit out of the hat there will be much humble pie to eat but...... I'm am 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lose this today and I think Sandgaard will be asking bowyer some serious questions.
    I wonder if Bowyer spoke to TS this morning as has been mentioned before....

"Yes Boss, I'm going with the same team as last week"

"Yes Boss, the team that scrapped really well for a point"

"Disjointed Boss....?  Well, who's got the coaching badge out of the 2 of us"

"P45 Boss......what's one of those..?"
  • Looking at that team I'm seriously not impressed. 
    Just preparing my rant for the post match thread  ☹
  • nice to see Morgan in the line up .. but a waste with no Gilbey or Maddy .. come on you Addickkssaaaaa
  • edited January 2021
    Reckon the record for most shots by an away team might be in jeopardy with that
    line up. 

Reminds of Keegans Newcastle with all that attacking flair. 
  • nice to see Morgan in the line up .. but a waste with no Gilbey or Maddy .. come on you Addickkssaaaaa
    Gilbey has been useless so far.
  • Why's Ryan in the dark?
  • Magennis is a covid casualty .. BBC Humberside pundit predicting an Addicks win
  • No Josh Magennis, a Covid absentee I assume
  • Can't see anything but a repeat of boxing day unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!