Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Happy New Year Oggy and all the matchday regulars
    Happy New Year, Gaffer!

• Hoping that it's a 352, with Gunter in the '3' and Matthews and Maatsen as wing backs. If it's Matthews left back then god help us.

Absolutely no idea why Maddison isn't playing either. 
    Impact sub?
  • Leuth said:
    Looks like Bowyer's decided our left-back is better than Jonny Williams at Williams' position. I mean who knows, he might be, but he's also quite a good left-back 
    If you were picking those 11, for reasons, wouldn't it make more sense to have JFC either in front or behind Ian and Matthews in front of Gunter?

JFC was very good at left back against Fulham I don't think he has played there since 
  • I can’t say that persisting with Matthews at left back and Pratley at center back is inspiring too much confidence in me. But unlike others I already bought the season pass so will be watching.

You never know, we've seemed to perform better against the better teams in this league this season. It’s putting away the bad sides that we’ve struggled with.
  • No Williams, Maddison or Smyth - no attacking intent forwards will get no service whatsoever JFC will mess up every set piece and Matthews will look crap at left back WTF is wrong with Bowyer? This is making me fed up.
  • edited January 2021
    As average as Oshilajia is, he has to be starting at CB over Pratley. A really poor lineup yet again. No need to play so many players out of position and keep all the creativity on the bench 
  • edited January 2021
    I'm not surprised either that Maddison and Williams are on the bench

Bowyer again explained the other day that the Hull pitch is shite, so its going to be a proper ugly game today, cant see much passing on the deck
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rotherham off, pitch was clear about an hour ago 
    Swindon vs Wigan is also off due to a frozen pitch, so once again only 6 games in L1

• Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Looks like Bowyer's decided our left-back is better than Jonny Williams at Williams' position. I mean who knows, he might be, but he's also quite a good left-back 
    If you were picking those 11, for reasons, wouldn't it make more sense to have JFC either in front or behind Ian and Matthews in front of Gunter?

JFC was very good at left back against Fulham I don't think he has played there since 
    Agreed he played well out there but we played three center backs that day which probably helped him defensively.
  • Strong bench  .
  • Bowyer going for the 0-0 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Swindon vs Wigan is also off due to a frozen pitch, so once again only 6 games in L1

Odds on we drop points then and fail to take advantage!
  • Leuth said:
    Because Jonny’s been such an attacking threat when starting games this season.

Think he could’ve found a way to squeeze Maddison in at least.
  • Bowyer going for the 0-0 
    The problem is this midfield will get totally dominated. Wouldn’t be surprised if we concede first 20 mins and then the team is set up in a way that we will struggle going forward making for another shocking watch 
  • edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Odds on we drop points then and fail to take advantage!
    Why do we need to worry about taking advantage of Swindon v Wigan being off?
  • Just pray we don’t go 1-0 down early with that lineup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maddison plays well, scores, so is left out.
    Didn't the same happen to Williams and Purrington earlier? Any others?

Maybe it's meant as motivation. 
    "If you want a rest, earn one by scoring a goal"
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Under soil heating at Hull.

• FFS, only 2 defenders on the bench to bring on for the last 20 min.

(Hate this line up, hope I'm proved wrong) 
  • That line-up has borefest written all over it. Where is the flair? On the bleedin’ bench, that’s where. Please, please let’s start a game with Maddison and Williams. Will be gutted if we throw away points today. Could be a long afternoon watching game on tv. 
  • danny777 said:
    Maddison plays well, scores, so is left out.
    Didn't the same happen to Williams and Purrington earlier? Any others?

Maybe it's meant as motivation. 
    "If you want a rest, earn one by scoring a goal"
    Guess it depends if Bowyer sees these players are being more effective as impact players

Take Aneke for example, we've been calling for him to constantly start but hasnt scored for Charlton unless its off the bench...
  • edited January 2021
    if we don’t get a result , it is fully on bowyers shoulders, he has the players to attack games and is not using them. If he ends up getting sacked due to results through negative selections he has himself to blame. Nothing in the last display makes me think one starting change is adequate. We are becoming so boring to watch.hopefully if I’ve moaned enough I’ll be proven wrong and we win3-0!!😬😂
  • Scoham said:
    Overly defensive side, real struggle if we go 1-0 down.
    Which we inevitably will
  • I'm not surprised either that Maddison and Williams are on the bench

Bowyer again explained the other day that the Hull pitch is shite, so its going to be a proper ugly game today, cant see much passing on the deck
    Think you said this on the preview thread, and I'm clinging to that being Bow's reasoning!
  • Scoham said:
    Overly defensive side, real struggle when we go 1-0 down.
    Sorry but the Indian signs are there. They are a covid affected squad (according to their gaffer),  we have had a bit of a break.  They will come out of the traps with their arses on fire i am sure, one early defensive ricket later and we are 0-1 down chasing the game.

Always hope to be wrong of course but...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!