Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Is the pitch ruff?
  • Scoham said:
    redman said:
    Can't believe how many people are having a go at Pratley. Agreed he was poor last week but generally has been good. And of course Curbs said last week how impressed with him he had been. But there again a load of you used to criticise him. 
    Exactly. Seems some people are more obsessed with the concept of being ‘out of position’ than the reality of how Pratley has performed. He’s been good at CB and as he gets older it’s not surprising that he’d start to settle into more of that kind of role anyway. Pratley makes fewer mistakes than Deji who is a poor centre half. We’ve only ever seen Deji play badly at CB when he’s been there whereas Pratley has typically been good, but as that’s his ‘official’ position playing Pratley there instead has to be a mistake. It’s very odd
    Agree, I have no issue with Pratley at CB when Oshilaja is the alternative.

My concern is we’re set up to keep the game tight or knock a goal from a set piece - by setting up such a defensive midfield four it puts more pressure on the defence as we lack attacking outlets. Don’t expect Maddison and Williams to start together (though I’d like to see it) but why leave both on the bench?
    Plus I'd prefer Pratley in midfield. 
    Maybe we don’t have the players for it yet but it would be nice to have a strong enough squad that means we don’t need either of Pratley and Watson in the starting 11.
  • 4'

Post update

Corner, Hull City. Conceded by Chris Gunter.

• Hull corner from our right.
  • 5' Greaves heads harmlessly over from a corner for the hosts. #hcafc 0 #cafc 0
  • aliwibble said:
    Why is Albie on the left?
    Because playing people out of position is the new normal. 
  • Docherty heads over so we have a goal kick, which Amos takes short.
  • aliwibble said:
    Why is Albie on the left?
    Flat 4-4-2, got to be a tactical reason - are Hull strong down the wings?

Bowyer also likes wide midfielders/wingers who cut in rather than out and out wingers.
  • Free kick but no one to take it.
  • Sponsored links:

1. 5'

Post update

Foul by George Honeyman (Hull City).

2. 5'

Post update

Adam Matthews (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Morgan taken out near the LH corner of their area, we have a freekick.
  • edited January 2021
    bizarre to have 2 right footers on the left when we have Maatsen and JFC on the pitch
    1. 6'

Post update

Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 6'

Post update

Foul by Alfie Jones (Hull City).

• edited January 2021
    7'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Jake Forster-Caskey tries a through ball, but Omar Bogle is caught offside.

• Freekick taken by JFC and Pearce heads over.
  • Watson struggling. If he needs to go off it has to be Deji with Prats moving into midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if I’ve got enough time to get to the fridge?
  • Well said Briston couldn't agree more!
  • Watson now down in our half near the centre circle.
  • Hope they put Pratley in centre mid and DO at centre half, it Watson can’t continue 
  • Watson down, not another hamstring FFS
  • Glad it wasn't Forster-Caskey like I thought at first

Lovely delivery from the FK from him a second ago
  • Reading some of the comments on here ... WTF is wrong with some people?!

"I'm not paying a tenner to watch that side again" and variations thereof ... call yourself Charlton fans?

If we'd all taken that approach through our supporting lives the club would have folded long ago.

By all means criticise team selection, performances, etc after watching the game but get behind the lads FFS.
    It makes no difference to the result what anyone says on here.
  • 7' Pearce heads over from a good free-kick delivery from the left, but the flag goes up for offside, regardless. #hcafc 0 #cafc 0
  • Now can we play with out Watson or Pratley in midfield? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!