Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• edited January 2021
    0-0 first half, then Williams, Maddison, Smyth impact second half should sort it
    and get the win 0-2 Maddison double :)
  • Bloody hell this place is so miserable. Potential for massive amounts of egg on faces at 5pm. COYR
    Let’s hope so, I’m will gladly be egg faced!!!
  • Pleased with this that side although I would have started Smyth with Bogle. 
    We need to work them hard, long balls down the channels, hopefully get a couple of players booked before bringing on Maddison, Williams and Smyth to run at the heart of their defence. 
  • follett said:
    As average as Oshilajia is, he has to be starting at CB over Pratley. A really poor lineup yet again. No need to play so many players out of position and keep all the creativity on the bench 
    This in spades.
  • Set up for Maddison. He has a point to proove. Unless he's not fit why isn't he playing?
  • Obviously we all hope that we can win this game today but the negativity on here is totally understandable when you have players missing from defense due to injury surely it is better to try and push forward and attack rather than attempt to fill the missing places with players that are playing out of position and have shown in recent weeks that we cannot stop goals. Whatever happens today and as said previously I hope we nick it the team selection is dire imo and shows a lack of nous 
  • Given the pace of Wilks up top and and our lack of pace in central defence, I expect us to sit very deep, leaving Hull lots of space to operate in midfield. Watson and Forster-Caskey also lack pace, although I expect the latter will be deployed out on the right, thereby making us even more narrow in possession.

Football is unpredictable but it’s hard to be optimistic about our prospects with that line up, unless we stay in contention and can change things from the bench in the last 30 minutes.

The points at stake are vital but the game is also supposed to be about entertainment and the performances are becoming very turgid.
  • shine166 said:
    danny777 said:
    Maddison plays well, scores, so is left out.
    Didn't the same happen to Williams and Purrington earlier? Any others?

Maybe it's meant as motivation. 
    "If you want a rest, earn one by scoring a goal"
    Guess it depends if Bowyer sees these players are being more effective as impact players

Take Aneke for example, we've been calling for him to constantly start but hasnt scored for Charlton unless its off the bench...
    Yeah with that in mind I've gone 2-1 hull, maddison last goal 
    I'm not really that au fait with teams outside of Charlton. But does someone have any examples of players of the quality of Maddison or Williams or Aneke who don't even get a run of starts (I mean 5 plus games), because they are deemed 'impact players'.

It just seems wholly unusual to me, and a tactic you would find on video games and not real life. 
  • You have to ask where the goals come from. It certainly won’t be from Bogle. Still cannot understand why Madison is not starting (he cannot head the ball he probably cannot tackle very well either but in attack he is creative and is not afraid to have a go. I’ve got no suggestion that bogle and he get on very well either. Yes the one person who needs to have a very very very good game is Albie Morgan. We live in hope. You can have all the possession in the world but if you don’t score goals….We need to have the mindset of chasing the game at all points today
  • Sponsored links:

• Paid my tenner before a quick evening trip to the beach with the dog. Came back, seen the team and not happy, unless they line up with three at the back. Should have stayed with the dog!
  • Bloody awful selection.

I bet we win!
  • For those not already watching, seems we were lucky to get Jorge Costa back in the day as he was going to West Ham
  • Talal said:
    God is it Pratley centre back and Matthews on the left again. 
    Yes, because last week worked soooooo well....😄😄😄
    Well Matthews won us a corner that led to the first goal and got an assist for the other soooooo :D;)
    Yea and Pratley was outstanding at CB. Ah no wait...
  • I hope the VP volume is louder today.
  • Am I the only one with no sound on VP?
  • Very uninspired by the team selection and don't get the logic. 

The only plus side is that we need a settled team and there are only 2 changes. With one of them forced. Just maybe the players will start to get used to playing out of position? Perhaps my dick will grow 50% with that new pump I've ordered? 
  • Talal said:
    Well Matthews won us a corner that led to the first goal and got an assist for the other soooooo :D;)
    When else has he been shite at CB though?

You're right that Bowyer makes a rod for his own back when he drops the likes of Williams for one bad game as know thats what you'll come back with :)
  • Mood boosted after hearing Curbs talk about signing Costa. Good times! 
  • A header from Johansson, I'd forgotten about all his goals which weren't overhead kicks!
  • Sponsored links:

Is your TV on Mute?
  • Why buy the bloody flair players in the first place?
    So they can come on with 20 minutes left.

The other team will be knackered by then, doncha know? 

• Talal said:

You're right that Bowyer makes a rod for his own back when he drops the likes of Williams for one bad game as know thats what you'll come back with :)
    Not at all I wouldn’t have started Williams. Definitely would have started Maddison although I agree the pitch might have ruined that. 

Pratley has done a job but he’s not a CB. His performance last week showed exactly why he shouldn’t be there, he wasn’t even in the picture for their first goal. 
  • Seriously now Lee... wtf are you playing at?
  • It's alright soon we'll have a 31 year old striker who's never played in England before strolling around with no service unless he's prepared to come back to just outside his own penalty area to get the ball!
    He'll probably play centreback with Bogle and Smyth as strikers.

• Blucher said:
    Given the pace of Wilks up top and and our lack of pace in central defence, I expect us to sit very deep, leaving Hull lots of space to operate in midfield. Watson and Forster-Caskey also lack pace, although I expect the latter will be deployed out on the right, thereby making us even more narrow in possession.

Football is unpredictable but it’s hard to be optimistic about our prospects with that line up, unless we stay in contention and can change things from the bench in the last 30 minutes.

The points at stake are vital but the game is also supposed to be about entertainment and the performances are becoming very turgid.
    The lack of pace really worries me. Only maatsen and Matthews have any so anything through the middle expect wilks to literally breeze past Watson and Pratley
  • Talal said:

Not at all I wouldn’t have started Williams. Definitely would have started Maddison although I agree the pitch might have ruined that. 

Pratley has done a job but he’s not a CB. His performance last week showed exactly why he shouldn’t be there, he wasn’t even in the picture for their first goal. 
    Yeah I equally wasnt impressed with Pratley going walkies, really hope he's learnt from that!!
    Is your TV on Mute?
    Figured it out. Bluetooth getting in way of Thunderbolt cable and trying to send sound to another device. 
  • I was hoping for Williams and Maddison not neither.

Mathews in wrong position. JFC and  Watson with the speed of a slug and a super deep defence.

I thought this was tried and failed last time. 

I will save the ten quid thank you. 
  • Very uninspired by the team selection and don't get the logic. 

The only plus side is that we need a settled team and there are only 2 changes. With one of them forced. Just maybe the players will start to get used to playing out of position? Perhaps my dick will grow 50% with that new pump I've ordered? 
    Is that a bog standard foot pump or one of the fancy plug in the car types?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!