Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• I'm almost starting to wish we hadn't signed Adam Matthews again 
  • I'm starting to really think LB is trying to prove a point and is sticking to his dont concede policy. Trouble is we all know we will concede. He has to change his outlook and rapid imo or we will start drifting down the league. Where the hell does he think the goals are going to come from ? He repeatedly leaves any creative players on the bench ffs
  • Croydon said:
    I'm not surprised either that Maddison and Williams are on the bench

Bowyer again explained the other day that the Hull pitch is shite, so its going to be a proper ugly game today, cant see much passing on the deck
    Think you said this on the preview thread, and I'm clinging to that being Bow's reasoning!
    Yeah I thought I'd repeat it on here to try and reassure myself too ;)
  • Talal said:
    I think it's fair to say Bowyer isn't swayed by public opinion going by that line up. 
    Jacko once said that Bowyer doesn't do social media.

The staff won't say anything in case they are demoted to tea lady or playing Left Back.

• I'm not surprised either that Maddison and Williams are on the bench

Bowyer again explained the other day that the Hull pitch is shite, so its going to be a proper ugly game today, cant see much passing on the deck
    Looking at that clip of the players on the pitch, I'd agree with him.

They should be contacting TS for advice on lawnmowers.
  • 0-0 ht, 1st half shit, nick it 2-0 2nd half 
  • And that’s why I haven’t bought the stream today! 
    Defensive, negative & hasn't learnt a thing! 
  • Talal said:
    I think it's fair to say Bowyer isn't swayed by public opinion going by that line up. 
    Yes, pretty much as expected.
    Bowyer said he prefers Pratley to Oshilaja at CH.
    He said he prefers Matthews to Purrington as an attacking LB and he wanted Maatsen's movement in midfield.
    So we knew they were unlikely to change.
    I was hoping Maddison for JFC, but Bowyer obviously prefers the defensive option.

The trouble is our tactics appear so obvious every game, as it's the same plan, with a possible different formation.

Keep it tight and bring on positive subs from 60 mins onwards.

I feel anything could happen today.

• Sponsored links:

• No idea what Bowyer's thinking with that negative line up. Why do our most threatening players always start on the bench? Weird tactics... Hope to be proved wrong though. 
  • Croydon said:

Think you said this on the preview thread, and I'm clinging to that being Bow's reasoning!
    Its joke reasoning. Was the valley pitch shite when we picked pretty much the same team last week? 

Bowyer clearly has an issue playing 'flair' players and it's becoming increasingly obvious. 
  • edited January 2021
    The first two names many of us would put on the team sheet for this game are not even starting. Mind you, I wasn't expecting them to be.
  • Croydon said:

Its joke reasoning. Was the valley pitch shite when we picked pretty much the same team last week? 

Bowyer clearly has an issue playing 'flair' players and it's becoming increasingly obvious. 
    The Valley isnt used by a team that plays Rugby though
  • Talal said:
    God is it Pratley centre back and Matthews on the left again. 
    Yes, because last week worked soooooo well....😄😄😄
  • edited January 2021
    AndyG said:
    I'm starting to really think LB is trying to prove a point and is sticking to his dont concede policy. Trouble is we all know we will concede. He has to change his outlook and rapid imo or we will start drifting down the league. Where the hell does he think the goals are going to come from ? He repeatedly leaves any creative players on the bench ffs
    Well if that's his policy it's not working, as we've let in 2 goals in each of our last 3 matches!
  • I hope our lot rise to the occasion. We need something out of today's game given the points dropped in recent matches.
  • Talal said:
    God is it Pratley centre back and Matthews on the left again. 
    Yes, because last week worked soooooo well....😄😄😄
    Well Matthews won us a corner that led to the first goal and got an assist for the other soooooo :D;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Croydon said:

The Valley isnt used by a team that plays Rugby though
    So how are you justifying the team choice by claiming its because of a crap pitch, but then point out we've got a nice pitch, where we also essentially played the same first XI.

It makes no sense mate. 
  • Scoham said:
    Overly defensive side, real struggle if we go 1-0 down.
    Well, you know the stats for that one don't you...
  • Why buy the bloody flair players in the first place?
  • Have a word Curbs ...
    Three fullbacks, no pace, no creativity, no width - Maddison, Smyth and Willo need to start.
  • danny777 said:
    Maddison plays well, scores, so is left out.
    Didn't the same happen to Williams and Purrington earlier? Any others?

Maybe it's meant as motivation. 
    "If you want a rest, earn one by scoring a goal"
    Guess it depends if Bowyer sees these players are being more effective as impact players

Take Aneke for example, we've been calling for him to constantly start but hasnt scored for Charlton unless its off the bench...
    Yeah with that in mind I've gone 2-1 hull, maddison last goal 
  • Assuming its a back 4 I would have preferred to see one of Maddinson or Williams ahead of JFC. I am a fan of JFC but I think Him Mattsen and Morgan will all occupy the same space. Mattsen and Morgan could be a really interesting partnership though.
  • Lose this today and I think Sandgaard will be asking bowyer some serious questions.
  • It's alright soon we'll have a 31 year old striker who's never played in England before strolling around with no service unless he's prepared to come back to just outside his own penalty area to get the ball!
  • Leuth said:
    Maddison doesn't need a good pitch. He just needs a yard of space and the ball to fall to him 
    Zero tippy tappy involved with lastweeks goal 
  • I've just tuned in and seen the team.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about Bowyer anymore. Matthews, in particular, at left back is mind-blowingly stupid.

Maddison - with a point to prove against Hull - would have been my first name on the team sheet.

Good luck Lee. I honestly  hope the players put in a performance for you. Otherwise, you are tempting fate big time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!