Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• '-kafka said:
    Gilbey is rubbish 
    Keep up .. I said that several pages back
  • We need a goal out of nothing and the only player likely to get that for us has been sat on the bench. It baffles me. Are we holding on for 2-0? Why not bring MM on and go for it?! Utterly mind boggling.
  • The one thing I always thought about bowyer  was that he could see what we could all see which is why I wonder why he kept playing Bogle. But also why he does not play Madison. We have seriously missed  Aneke.
  • utter garbage today
  • ButtleJR said:
    If Bowyer blames the players for this one I will be astounded. Half the team started fucking out of position. Fuming with this hope Hull notch a couple more. 
    Regardless of players playing out of position: if the back line can't mark attackers or make challenges, if the midfield can't track runners or make a decent pass ... we're fooked.

How many goals in recent weeks can be flagged as a direct consequence of players not in their correct positions, and how many can be attributed to bog-standard god-awful defending?
  • Will Curbs be back on soon ?
  • RedRyan said:
    We need a goal out of nothing and the only player likely to get that for us has been sat on the bench. It baffles me. Are we holding on for 2-0? Why not bring MM on and go for it?! Utterly mind boggling.
    Why? Because Bowyer....
  • This ref is a right fanny. Teacher’s pet at school type. 
  • LB was asked if this was a six point game, and he agreed, but he did not say who for
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    I think this has to be in the top 5 worst performances of all time. 
    Christ - you clearly didn’t go to matches in the early 80’s !!!
    I didnt go to games until the mid 90s and this isnt close to being a top five with regards to bad performances
  • Talal said:
    I think this has to be in the top 5 worst performances of all time. 
    Christ - you clearly didn’t go to matches in the early 80’s !!!
    I was born in the early 80's but I'd love to know how it could be worse! 
  • Famewo out until March so send him back and also levitt and get 2 Fwds  in ASAP
  • 85'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull City) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Greg Docherty.

• Its worth remembering we replaced Parky in this Play-Off position and ended up in mid-table... We got away with that because we were able to rebuild in the summer but the Salary Cap this time will make it even harder

All I'll say is be careful of what you wish for - And be man enough to admit you were wrong if Bowyer goes and it does go tits up even longer as a result!!
    Its worth remembering we replaced Parky in this Play-Off position and ended up in mid-table... We got away with that because we were able to rebuild in the summer but the Salary Cap this time will make it even harder

All I'll say is be careful of what you wish for - And be man enough to admit you were wrong if Bowyer goes and it does go tits up even longer as a result!!
    All depends on the potential replacement 
  • ButtleJR said:
    If Bowyer blames the players for this one I will be astounded. Half the team started fucking out of position. Fuming with this hope Hull notch a couple more. 
    Regardless of players playing out of position: if the back line can't mark attackers or make challenges, if the midfield can't track runners or make a decent pass ... we're fooked.

How many goals in recent weeks can be flagged as a direct consequence of players not in their correct positions, and how many can be attributed to bog-standard god-awful defending?
    Well putting players in wrong positions does make their jobs considerably harder 
    1. 89'

Post update

Foul by Paul Smyth (Charlton Athletic).

2. 89'

Post update

Jacob Greaves (Hull City) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Doubt we'll see Oshilaja on Friday, it'll be a back 4 of Matthews Gunter Pearce and Purrington/Maatsen
  • It looks like if we stick with LB, then we won't get promoted.

Simple as that.
    We won't anyway. 
    You could well be right, but sticking with LB and his lack of tactical understanding is like starting each game a man down in any case.

Not easy to know what to do now, but we have a stark choice.

1.  Let Lee head off to his fishing lake and hope to find someone with at least a modicum of tactical nous and/or an ability to get the best out of players....we could get lucky and get something from this season, maybe.
    2. Stay loyal to Lee and kiss goodbye to any chance of going up.

It's sad that we've come to this, but there it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Humiliation 
  • paulfox said:
    Its worth remembering we replaced Parky in this Play-Off position and ended up in mid-table... We got away with that because we were able to rebuild in the summer but the Salary Cap this time will make it even harder

All depends on the potential replacement 
    Of course... Powell and Bowyer have got us out this League

Parkinson, Slade, Robinson havent... 
  • edited January 2021
    When Pratley got sent off, we were back in the game because Hull had missed 3 good  chances and both Maatsen and Matthews were getting forward.

If the Chelsea academy manager is watching then expect Maatsen to return to the bridge.

If Maddison's mum is watching expect Marcus being kept away from Sparrows lane.
  • edited January 2021
    Valley11 said:
    cafc999 said:
    4th game in a row which we have let in two goals. No one is going to get promoted by conceding two goals in every game. 
    Conceding soft goals at that too
    That’s been more of the concern to be honest. Lapses of concentration from experienced players. If we were losing goals to 30 yarders, you can slightly understand. But it feels like constant easy chances for opposition. 
    It’s team selection for me. Curbs said it pre match. The secret to success is consistent team selection. 
    But we never see our best balanced team on the pitch at the same time.

Half of our 'best' players are sitting on the bench.

• Valley11 said:
    This ref is a right fanny. Teacher’s pet at school type. 
    Ref has been pretty terrible, but he’s not why we’ve lost. 
    Quite a few of his awful decisions went in our favour, particularly in the first half.
  • And the agony continues.
  • Washington has worked hard for nothing 
  • edited January 2021
    Sorry, reading this thread makes me laugh.
    Less than a couple of months ago we were days from administration and Lee Bowyer was terrific. 
    We hardly had a squad. 

I remember reading the posts saying that people wouldn't critise the team again after the shenanigans with the Court cases. What the hell do people expect so soon ? 

It will take time.

That's a fair point.  I was one of the ones saying "dont expect too much, just good that we are moaning about the football  rather than the backroom politics".  Maybe I need to be more stoic, but at the moment it looks like we are throwing away our best chances.  I don't mind losing, I mind losing like this.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!