Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Does Bowyer know he could make another sub?
  • Have we had ashot on or off goal ?
  • Post-match interview, would like to hear: "I messed that right up. I've got some serious thinking to do"
  • Gilbey is rubbish 
  • ross1 said:
    Save MM for next week, no point risking him getting tired now  :)
    Fk that, got £700 at stake if he scores and its 2-1
  • ButtleJR said:
    Bowyer has run his race. I could've got promotion with the squad we had in 2018. Thanks for sticking with us Lee but today has really highlighted that you're inept tactically and that it's time for a change. Think Sandgaard will give him this season however. 
    Ah brilliant when fans believe they are at the level of former professional footballers. 
  • And as for Gilbey!!!!
  • I think this has to be in the top 5 worst performances of all time. 
  • edited January 2021
    se9addick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i haven't read this thread but would love to read what the likes of redrobo, henry irving and the other blind positivity merchants are thinking - enjoying it lads? 
    Don’t start digging out other fans - enough to be moaning about with the performance on the pitch without that bollocks. 
    they like to dig people out for telling it how it is and how it is is what is happening right now, on screen - not what they want to believe - its utter tripe from a manager who has now been well and truly found out 
  • Sponsored links:

1. 84'

Booking

Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull City) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

2. 84'

Post update

Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

3. 84'

Post update

Foul by Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull City).

• redbuttle said:
    People calling for Bowyer to go - get your bloody heads checked
    What are you watching, and what drugs are you on, to make the last couple months acceptable..... 
    Agree. This league is shit and we could easily be top. But no, we keep fucking it up.
    And how many seasons have Sunderland been saying that? We don't have a divine right to go up.
  • DOUCHER said:
    se9addick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i haven't read this thread but would love to read what the likes of redrobo, henry irving and the other blind positivity merchants are thinking - enjoying it lads? 
    Don’t start digging out other fans - enough to be moaning about with the performance on the pitch without that bollocks. 
    they like to dig people out for telling it how it is and how it is is what is happening right now, on screen - not what they want to belive - its utter tripe from a manager who has now been well and truly found out 
    Righto 
  • 85'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull City) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.

• edited January 2021
    Its worth remembering we replaced Parky in this Play-Off position and ended up in mid-table... We got away with that because we were able to rebuild in the summer but the Salary Cap this time will make it even harder

All I'll say is be careful of what you wish for - And be man enough to admit you were wrong if Bowyer goes and it does go tits up even longer as a result!!
    We don’t need a major rebuild... we need a forward to replace Bogle and a manager who knows how to use this squad. 
  • Southbank said:
    We lost our first choice centre backs and have leaked goals ever since. That and an inadequate strike force have done for us. We lost any attacking pace when Doughty was injured. Bowyer can't be blamed for any of that nor that the takeover was too late to buy any decent players.
    Bowyer's real test will come after the strengthening of the squad over the next few weeks.

The thing I always prided Charlton on, was when the going got tough , the team always jelled together and would fight for fans and team mates. 

This team just looks so meagre and lacking any real collusion and with an obvious lack of ‘back to basics’ tactics etc - will of course continue to leak/flood goals in
  • edited January 2021
    Scoham said:
    People calling for Bowyer to go - get your bloody heads checked
    I’ve always backed Bowyer but even I’m losing patience - why continue to pick defensive starting line ups? The outcome is so predictable but for whatever reason Bowyer can’t see it.
    Know what ya mean,but it’s not really even a very defensive line up when the supposed defenders ain’t actually playing in there rightful positions...the other thing aswell is the sit back & be some kind of thrown together defensive side when we are protecting the one goal lead...so your again right,seems everyone else but Bowyer can see it...aarghhhhhh...!!
  • cafc999 said:
    4th game in a row which we have let in two goals. No one is going to get promoted by conceding two goals in every game. 
    Conceding soft goals at that too
    That’s been more of the concern to be honest. Lapses of concentration from experienced players. If we were losing goals to 30 yarders, you can slightly understand. But it feels like constant easy chances for opposition. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
  • Think Bowyer needs to at least the end of the season, see where we are when it ends. Let's not forget how good Bowyer has been to us in the past but the bizarre team selection and boring football is no good 
    I admire the sentiment, but it’s about promotion out of this shit league, we are gravitating downwards in quality of play and results. If that’s ok maybe let him see the season out.
  • Hulls first booking.
    They have not stopped fouling all afternoon. But that is the norm in this league and Bowyer has to get more savvy to it. We seem to be obsessed with drawing these fouls instead of rolling our sleeves up and getting on with it.

I thought we were meant to be more heavyweight this season?
    Looks like the wind would blow most of this lot over
  • Southbank said:
    We lost our first choice centre backs and have leaked goals ever since. That and an inadequate strike force have done for us. We lost any attacking pace when Doughty was injured. Bowyer can't be blamed for any of that nor that the takeover was too late to buy any decent players.
    Bowyer's real test will come after the strengthening of the squad over the next few weeks.
    That’s how I see it too. 
  • Its worth remembering we replaced Parky in this Play-Off position and ended up in mid-table... We got away with that because we were able to rebuild in the summer but the Salary Cap this time will make it even harder

All I'll say is be careful of what you wish for - And be man enough to admit you were wrong if Bowyer goes and it does go tits up even longer as a result!!
    We don’t need a major rebuild... we need a forward to replace Bogle and a manager who knows how to use this squad. 
    What if the new Manager doesnt agree with you and feels we do need a major rebuild? 
  • Growing frustrated with our tactics and the set up each game. We are too narrow and playing Matthews at left back I do not understand that. If you’re playing narrow with a diamond then you rely on the wing backs to provide width but we look so unbalanced. Big transfer window coming up for Bowyer, if we don’t get it right then we won’t be getting play offs let alone automatic. 
  • Surrender 
  • Astounded Maddison hasn't had any minutes at all today, easy to say when it's all theoretical but like last week if anyone was going to be able to come on and get us out of trouble with some individual brilliance it was him
  • edited January 2021
    cafc999 said:
    4th game in a row which we have let in two goals. No one is going to get promoted by conceding two goals in every game. 
    Conceding soft goals at that too
    That’s been more of the concern to be honest. Lapses of concentration from experienced players. If we were losing goals to 30 yarders, you can slightly understand. But it feels like constant easy chances for opposition. 
    It’s team selection for me. Curbs said it pre match. The secret to success is consistent team selection. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!