Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Fucking hell - he missed a Penalty and now his Charlton career is finished! Messi, Shearer, Mendonca, Ronaldo, Mark Reid, Beckham, me, etc, etc - we’ve all missed a penalty. At least he had the bollocks to take it. Where was Stockley? Our problems go much deeper than a missed penalty. We were dire AGAIN today. 
    Except that’s not really what’s happening, is it? After the prolonged chase to bring him in he hasn’t exactly shown much to suggest it was worth the aggro. Then he missed a penalty. People aren’t saying “his Charlton career is finished” (if anyone is actually saying that) because he just missed a penalty, it’s because he looks like a dud and he missed a penalty. 

Hoping he can still go on to show why we were so keen to bring him. 
  • MrLargo said:
    His goal against Rochdale didn't automatically make him the next Clive Mendonca.

A missed penalty doesn't automatically make him the next Mike Small.

Some absolutely ridiculous knee-jerking on here, when he's had very few minutes on the pitch to prove himself either way, or to build any understanding with his teammates in a constantly changing side. There's been many far more illustrious names who've taken time to settle.

Struggling to keep track of who I'm supposed to be blaming:

- it's Bowyer, he's a terrible manager.
    - it's Steve Gallen, the recruitment's been terrible
    - it's the players's fault. The don't lack talent and are well-coached, but are deliberately under-performing.
    Its YOUR fault Largo... The trains are getting the universe to punish us seeing you dont use them anymore!!
  • It’s a football forum, probably ground zero for knee-jerk reactions based on emotion rather than logic.  Will happily admit to being one of them, just gutted more than anything.
  • Writing was on the wall when he rejected us back on October.

Could see him going back home in the summer 
  • MrLargo said:
    His goal against Rochdale didn't automatically make him the next Clive Mendonca.

A missed penalty doesn't automatically make him the next Mike Small.

Some absolutely ridiculous knee-jerking on here, when he's had very few minutes on the pitch to prove himself either way, or to build any understanding with his teammates in a constantly changing side. There's been many far more illustrious names who've taken time to settle.

Struggling to keep track of who I'm supposed to be blaming:

- it's Bowyer, he's a terrible manager.
    - it's Steve Gallen, the recruitment's been terrible
    - it's the players's fault. The don't lack talent and are well-coached, but are deliberately under-performing.
    Its YOUR fault Largo... The trains are getting the universe to punish us seeing you dont use them anymore!!
    Dunno why this didn't occur to me before. From now on I'll write a letter of complaint to South Eastern Trains every time something bad happens to Charlton. I'm sure they must be to blame in some way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best penalty conversion rates in red, worst conversion rates in blue.

• se9addick said:
    Fucking hell - he missed a Penalty and now his Charlton career is finished! Messi, Shearer, Mendonca, Ronaldo, Mark Reid, Beckham, me, etc, etc - we’ve all missed a penalty. At least he had the bollocks to take it. Where was Stockley? Our problems go much deeper than a missed penalty. We were dire AGAIN today. 
    Except that’s not really what’s happening, is it? After the prolonged chase to bring him in he hasn’t exactly shown much to suggest it was worth the aggro. Then he missed a penalty. People aren’t saying “his Charlton career is finished” (if anyone is actually saying that) because he just missed a penalty, it’s because he looks like a dud and he missed a penalty. 

He look looks a dud? That’s fine, we have a team full of duds. 

I honestly think he will come good.He needs a sustained run in the team. 
    So far, I would say he’s looked like a dud. He’s hardly pulled up trees in his admittedly few opportunities so far. 

But I think we are aligned in our wanting him to turn it round and come good, because ultimately if he’s successful then it improves Charlton’s chances of success. 

ok, but what does it actually mean? what are the 1s for? 
  • Think Ronnie is going to be prone to extra criticism given he's one TS has probably recommended but he hit a good penalty and the keeper made a great save. He deserves to start on Tuesday, he'll be hungry to make amends. I'm not ruling him out yet and I hope he comes good. 
    Who you dropping, and why does he deserve to start more than them? 
  • edited March 2021

Best penalty conversion rates in red, worst conversion rates in blue.

I genuinely don’t know why more people don’t go down the middle. Would take a ballsy goalkeeper to not make an attempt at a dive when it’s a last minute penalty
  • Think Ronnie is going to be prone to extra criticism given he's one TS has probably recommended but he hit a good penalty and the keeper made a great save. He deserves to start on Tuesday, he'll be hungry to make amends. I'm not ruling him out yet and I hope he comes good. 
    Id start him if Washington has ran himself into the ground these last two games - Purely against Aneke and Stockley starting as feel it gives the rest too much temptation into playing long ball 
  • Sponsored links:

ok, but what does it actually mean? what are the 1s for? 
    1.00 = 100% conversion

0.38 = 38% conversion
  • He struck it well enough and on target. But, and I don't think it has been mentioned, the keeper went the right way before he kicked the ball. Taking a penalty is about fooling the keeper. He went the right way, he knew where the ball was going. For that reason I don't think it was that good a penalty. someone like LT would have easily scored that, there was pressure so I would have preferred someone else taking it (which I said to my son at the time). A draw was fair but gutted for RS as it would have helped him with us lot
    Id start him if Washington has ran himself into the ground these last two games - Purely against Aneke and Stockley starting as feel it gives the rest too much temptation into playing long ball 
    I have absolutely no reservations about playing him on Tuesday if our strikers need resting, but currently for me he is 4th choice.

If Washington needed a rest, and with the amount of running he does it wouldn't be a shock, I think I'd personally find it very difficult to drop one of Stockley or Aneke for Schwartz. 

But tactical you may be right and having someone like Schwartz starting may give us a different attacking type of attacking threat. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

He look looks a dud? That’s fine, we have a team full of duds. 

I honestly think he will come good.He needs a sustained run in the team. 
    So far, I would say he’s looked like a dud. He’s hardly pulled up trees in his admittedly few opportunities so far. 

But I think we are aligned in our wanting him to turn it round and come good, because ultimately if he’s successful then it improves Charlton’s chances of success. 
    Absolutely. Think we all pinned our hopes on him. Reckon he is the sort of player that will thrive when crowds are let back in. Really think he has something about him.
  • 17 penalties taken 3 missed.
    Today being the third.
  • matt88 said:

Best penalty conversion rates in red, worst conversion rates in blue.

I genuinely don’t know why more people don’t go down the middle. Would take a ballsy goalkeeper to not make an attempt at a dive when it’s a last minute penalty

This suggests that going high will result in a goal, however there's also a danger of it becoming a conversion.