Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

1747576777880»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I said when his signing was announced that if Roland had bought him we would be going mad as it was a ‘network’ signing - he was bought purely due to his nationality 

Was it a Thomas or Martin Sandgaard signing ?
  • Options
    Its a shame Ronnie The Rocket and Spongefoot Church paths never crossed.
    They would have made a formidable partnership.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I said when his signing was announced that if Roland had bought him we would be going mad as it was a ‘network’ signing - he was bought purely due to his nationality 

Well it certainly wasn't a Bowyer or Gallen signing.  

I suspect it was Thomas getting done over by an agent.  Danish top flight is one of the few potential sources of foreign players in League 1/lower Championship so you could argue it was a route worth investing in.
  • Options
    Has he resigned for us and played left back today injured first game so Charlton 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I was told this is the one time THomas pulled tank on a signing.  He insisted we sign Ronnie
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Did he inherit that title from Francis Jeffers?
    But presumably we didn't pay 2 and a half million for him.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    His fox nickname was clearly not for poaching goals. I always assumed it was because he was in the habit of knocking over dustbins and fornicating loudly in the street.
    Aren't we all?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Well it certainly wasn't a Bowyer or Gallen signing.  

I suspect it was Thomas getting done over by an agent.  Danish top flight is one of the few potential sources of foreign players in League 1/lower Championship so you could argue it was a route worth investing in.

In a parallel universe there was no covid he settles in London with his wife and scores a few goals in and around the box. 

As it was he never got up to speed, and he realised it was a mistake early doors and it could only have one outcome. Your in a foreign country, your hardly getting game time and you can't get out and about.

The feed back was he didn't even train that much with the 1st team after a while as he was so off the pace and had niggles.
    Unfortunate.

• Options
    Ronnie the Dane could have been  up front with Pete The Pole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I recall him missing that injury time penalty against Oxford and them edging us out of the play offs ultimately because of it. How things could have been so different!
  • Options
    1 in 16 for us. He's managed 1 in 18 at his current club....confirming he was never the real deal to me and a one club wonder.
  • Options
    I recall him missing that injury time penalty against Oxford and them edging us out of the play offs ultimately because of it. How things could have been so different!
    We also missed a penalty when we lost 1-0 against Peterborough, so wasnt the only factor either