Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Guys can we clear this up.

I'm certain Nigel Adkins didn't say:

See them over there ( Hull celebrating behind him) that will be us next season.

I was convinced he said:

"See them over there, we want that to be us next season."

Which is a fair enough view to take especially when he had heard the Thomas Sandgaard quote.

• Addickted said:
    Tough time?

Poor dear. Has no idea what a tough time is.

Overpaid, under played, pampered and protected and not a word to the fans about his situation or why we haven't seen hide not hair of him for six months.
    What an insane comment. How would you know if he doesn't know what a tough time is? You've said yourself we don't know about his situation. It's incredible to me that after Gary Speed and even more recently our own experience with Marcus Maddison people still revert to the 'footballers are paid lots of money and I like football so there can never be issues in their lives'. Bonkers
    Perhaps you need to concern yourself more with some of the really tough times several posters on here who have poured their heart out to seek help and guidance in their lives - and for the most part have been supported by fellow posters, most of whom don't know them from Adam.

Are you telling me Madison and Schwartz haven't and weren't provided with heavyweight support throughout their career at Charlton? Do you think the club have left them to their hotel room and an Uber Eats account.

Do you think TL would not have bended over backwards to assist them in getting back to full 'fitness'? Do you not think thousands of pounds have been spent on them to provide phycological help (if that's what their problems are)?

Perhaps you need to see the bigger picture rather than focussing on an individual who cannot even bother to communicate with those who supported him and tried to 'understand'.
  • Guys can we clear this up.

I was convinced he said:

Which is a fair enough view to take especially when he had heard the Thomas Sandgaard quote.

His words were that will be us next season
  • Croydon said:
    To make the top 6 you have some games you win in second or third gear. Other than Crewe, because they were imploding. Every other game we have struggled for long periods or even our other win at Fleetwood, was in the balance until the final whistle.

We need to improve just to get back to mid table let alone be in contention.

I wish in some ways the bar wasn't set so high this season by TS as we needed more time to recover from the stench of Southall and Co and get our infrastructure right.

If some Cafc fans didn't think it was a Shay Given we were going to romp this league back in the summer then the anger and your "not fit to wear the shirt" might have been sang later that the end of effing August !
    Yeah, more fool me to believe someone when they say that:

They want to be in the Premier League in 5 years time.

We are going to "blow through this league"

"See them over there (Hull celebrating winning the title) - that will be us next season".

Best just not to say anything.

I cannot get over how many grown adults still hang onto this comment.
    People have long and excellent memories 
  • Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Tough time?

Overpaid, under played, pampered and protected and not a word to the fans about his situation or why we haven't seen hide not hair of him for six months.
    What an insane comment. How would you know if he doesn't know what a tough time is? You've said yourself we don't know about his situation. It's incredible to me that after Gary Speed and even more recently our own experience with Marcus Maddison people still revert to the 'footballers are paid lots of money and I like football so there can never be issues in their lives'. Bonkers
    Perhaps you need to concern yourself more with some of the really tough times several posters on here who have poured their heart out to seek help and guidance in their lives - and for the most part have been supported by fellow posters, most of whom don't know them from Adam.

Are you telling me Madison and Schwartz haven't and weren't provided with heavyweight support throughout their career at Charlton? Do you think the club have left them to their hotel room and an Uber Eats account.

Do you think TL would not have bended over backwards to assist them in getting back to full 'fitness'? Do you not think thousands of pounds have been spent on them to provide phycological help (if that's what their problems are)?

Perhaps you need to see the bigger picture rather than focussing on an individual who cannot even bother to communicate with those who supported him and tried to 'understand'.
    How can you dismiss what his situation has been if you don't know anything about it? 
    And neither do you. As it's none of your business.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Guys can we clear this up.

I was convinced he said:

His words were that will be us next season

Unless the clip is played to prove me wrong I heard "see them over there, we want that to be us next Season" 

My son had gone to the kitchen and I said that back to him verbatim when he returned.

How bizarre that we heard different words.

* I forget 99% of things my wife will say by the end of the day but remember football quotes for ever  :#
  • Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Tough time?

How can you dismiss what his situation has been if you don't know anything about it? 
    And neither do you. As it's none of your business.
    Excellent, now we're getting there. That is exactly my point; we don't know what his situation is, so should refrain from making wild claims like him having no idea what a tough time is and being pampered and protected. You'll notice I've given no opinion on his situation or his departure in our exchange. I'm glad we've figured this out.
  • Sponsored links:

• One's perception of a player is all too often skewed. We only see them for 90ish minutes a game (if they play)and a few social media posts, or perhaps interviews. A majority of their time in training or recovery we do not see how they are.

Quite difficult to come to a conclusion on the reasons for something when all the facts are not available, and in the case of someone's heath I believe that is their business to decide who should know.

Sometimes things do not work out, I'm sure in work we have all experienced this. If it is best for both parties to end the contract then a good result IMO. This does not mean the finger of blame should be pointed.

But a review of the methods and processes that lead to the recruitment is a valid action. I'm sure this has already been addressed within the club.
  • Bowyer said he was the best finisher at the club and he wouldn’t have lied, when players come to the UK from abroad it doesn’t always work out, we have had a lot of donkeys at Charlton but I still think he is still a fairly good player but this one just didn’t work out, in the few games he played he looked really out of place whenever he was on the pitch and never linked up with anyone so I’d be unsurprised if it was just the case he didn’t click and hated his time away from his homeland and his family, good luck to him for the remainder of his career.
  • Bowyer said he was the best finisher at the club and he wouldn’t have lied, when players come to the UK from abroad it doesn’t always work out, we have had a lot of donkeys at Charlton but I still think he is still a fairly good player but this one just didn’t work out, in the few games he played he looked really out of place whenever he was on the pitch and never linked up with anyone so I’d be unsurprised if it was just the case he didn’t click and hated his time away from his homeland and his family, good luck to him for the remainder of his career.
    Either that or he was blowing sunshine up his arse to try and instill some confidence in the poor lad.

Remember a video with Polish Pete doing some decent finishing in training, Chris Powell was on the side going: "Oh Lewandowski"
  • edited October 2021
    How about closing the thread? Seems like the right time. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    How about closing the thread? Seems like the right time. 
    Unfortunately closing the thread won't and shouldn't stop people posting about him. His name will still re-surface on a new thread about him specifically or in the middle of another that will possibly take that thread away from what the subject matter originally was.

I'm sure it won't be long before the mods remove it as a "sticky"
  • Everyone is going batshit crazy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Oh look the tiresome one is enjoying the poor start, what a surprise 
    If you are referring to me then you don't know me because I'd rather be sitting 4th top than 4th bottom. 

However......

I am enjoying telling you all I WAS BLOODY RIGHT BACK IN JULY when you all dismissed my fears.

I get a load of abuse on here so I'm just fighting back when I've been proved right. I wish I hadn't, but I have.
    Nonsense, you’ll still be complaining because I’ve seen enough of your posts in both the 2012 and 2019 seasons and you whined like a lame mule. Nothings been proved and the abuse you got pre season was deserved and you continue to deserve it.
    Golfie reminds me of myself, says it as he see's it and does not look at things through rose tinted glasses. 

Spock Eyebrow GIFs  Tenor
  • Rothko said:
    We’re in our worst footballing position in history and people can’t get moody and slag our whole wankiness off , give over we’re currently a disgrace on the pitch 
    Difference between being moody and those enjoying it to prove there so edgy and different  
    Or perhaps the individuals you are referring to are just calling it as they see it?
  • It absolutely baffles me that you can still read comments on here inferring that because a bloke is well paid and has a good support network around him, he can't possibly understand what a 'tough time' is! 

Even in 2021 and with the publicity that rightly surrounds it, it's perplexing that some folk still can't grasp and understand that mental illness is just that, an illness, and that it can manifest itself in anyone, just like any physical illness. 
    I agree but when you do have mental illness you look at others who also possibly have it and look at their life and support network and think to yourself 'have you really got it that hard?' then again i'm sure if some poor bloke from Yemen with mental illness would look at me and say the same thing. 

I see and hear from those who are imo much more privileged than myself talking about mental illness and unfortunately i get annoyed as I have no where near the same opportunities than them.
    I'm not suggesting just cos they are privileged and have wealth and support that exempts them from having mental problems it's just i find it difficult to sympathise with them. That's my problem and i think anyone who has or had mental issues such as depression would understand that. It's a very selfish outlook.
    When you don't have anything and you hear from someone who has it all crying about it comes across as insincere and seems to belittle the illness.
    Like i said, i'm probably and most definitely looking at it the wrong way but i can understand why someone might say he doesn't know what a tough time is. then again do any of us? and would you want to know what a tough time is or wish it on anyone else for that matter?? 
  • Without passing comment on Ronnie, anyone that is is guessing, there is a big difference between mental health and mental illness. It's important.