Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Can't help but think that Bowyer must be secretly fuming. Those 2 points could ultimately cost him his job. 
  • The Last minute goals conceded will have a bigger influence on whether Bowery loses his job than the miss today
  • edited March 2021
    I thought the goalie was going to save it and said so to my sons.
    Schwarz didn't look confident.
    He didn't have a long enough run up.
    He "signposted" where he was going to kick it, so much so that I called it.
    The goalie was off before he took it, so if he was calm he even had time  to put it the other way.
    He hit it at the perfect height for the goalie.
    The best penalty takers tend to look at the goalie and not the ball. They wait for the goalie to go one way before slotting it the other. Lyle Taylor being a great example.

However, he hit it well enough and the goalie did go the right way and make a good save.
    Plus the Quest presenters referred to it as a great save.
  • Can't help but think that Bowyer must be secretly fuming. Those 2 points could ultimately cost him his job. 
    He’s a bloody good actor then to show the opposite in the post-match interview minutes after the game has finished. 
  • Croydon said:
    It wasn't a terrible penalty, but it wasn't a great penalty either. Nice height for the keeper, not in the corner, and not hit with much power. The keeper's guessed right and saved it, but it's not an amazing save. 
    Nice height, not in corner, no power.  Surely this makes it a shocking penalty?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    and the bogle and Schwartz comparisons begin ffs.

two completely different players with different jobs for the team. 

The only comparison is mental! How hard must it be living in a hotel during lockdown! In the case of Schwartz, living in a different country, away from a pregnant wife.

cut the guy some slack
    This is perfect case in point. The comparison is nothing to do with the position or style in which they play and the willingness of the fan base as a whole to defend one and not the other. 

One player, when some fans made a judgement that they think he is underperforming, is very quickly defended by large sections of the fan base. 

The other, when some fans made a judgement that they think he is underperforming, was very quickly joined by large sections of the fan base often sending vile and horrific abuse. 

I do wonder why the overall reaction of fans has been so disproportionate, especially when the latter player actually contributed more.
  • One player got 60 mins a game to show what he can do, the other gets 10-15 minutes maximum per game to show what he can do.

There's a difference. I don't disagree that Bogle contributed more, but then he's used to this league.

The reason people are for giving Schwartz a chance (myself particularly) is that his entire situation is different. 

His playing style, his personal situation, his history of scoring goals. 

He should not be being compared with Bogle in any way other than the abuse they got/are getting.

Bogle got an unfair amount of abuse for not being a replica of Aneke.
  • Can’t decide whether his lack of involvement in the action when he’s on the pitch is down to poor positional play from him, or a result of our midfield struggling to create chances. How many shots on target (or even off target) have we managed in the last few games? Very few I think. 
    We might be better off with a number 10 type playing just behind Aneke or Stockley?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can’t decide whether his lack of involvement in the action when he’s on the pitch is down to poor positional play from him, or a result of our midfield struggling to create chances. How many shots on target (or even off target) have we managed in the last few games? Very few I think. 
    We might be better off with a number 10 type playing just behind Aneke or Stockley?
    You mean like a Johnny Williams? 
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can’t decide whether his lack of involvement in the action when he’s on the pitch is down to poor positional play from him, or a result of our midfield struggling to create chances. How many shots on target (or even off target) have we managed in the last few games? Very few I think. 
    You mean like a Johnny Williams? 
    Was he any worse than Jaiyesimi or Millar? None of them were/are 10 types though are they?
    would like to see Schwartz getting 90 mins and scoring a couple, but it doesn’t look likely at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t think that either player is great, but in my opinion player for player Bogle is superior to Schwartz

If Boyer had let Bogle take that penalty and Bogle had scored the penalty things probably would have been fine.

Instead Bowyer’s lack of man management skills drained Bogle’s  confidence, and he got rid of him, replaced by Schwartz.

I am not sure what Schwartz brings to the team. He doesn’t seem suited to English football. He might have been a good goal scorer in Denmark, but apart from one goal he really hasn’t impressed in his time at the Valley.
  • A distant relative of mine was married to an ex premier league player. I remember talking to him at the bar at a family event and him saying it’s very difficult to hit the ground running when changing clubs and it takes 6 months minimum to settle.

different training methods, tactics, living in a hotel, away from family, all make it difficult to settle and be a success straight away.  

This isn’t football manager! Schwartz is a real life person, let him settle this season and judge him next year.
    Yeh, but taking time to settle is only part of the story imo.
    Why did Bowyer buy him? To score goals.
    How are the team and Bowyers tactics being employed to best facilitate chances for him?
    Answer: I haven't got a freakin' clue.
    Surely Bowyer and co had a plan in mind to accommodate this "top striker" and make best use of his qualities.
    It's just that I can't see it and what's worse I'm not sure Ronnie does
  • A distant relative of mine was married to an ex premier league player. I remember talking to him at the bar at a family event and him saying it’s very difficult to hit the ground running when changing clubs and it takes 6 months minimum to settle.

different training methods, tactics, living in a hotel, away from family, all make it difficult to settle and be a success straight away.  

This isn’t football manager! Schwartz is a real life person, let him settle this season and judge him next year.
    Yeh, but taking time to settle is only part of the story imo.
    Why did Bowyer buy him? To score goals.
    How are the team and Bowyers tactics being employed to best facilitate chances for him?
    Answer: I haven't got a freakin' clue.
    Surely Bowyer and co had a plan in mind to accommodate this "top striker" and make best use of his qualities.
    It's just that I can't see it and what's worse I'm not sure Ronnie does
    Bowyer may have a plan for Ronnie ... but not necessarily for this season.

Schwarz needs a particular kind of service to thrive on but do we have the kind of player to provide that at the moment?

Doubtful.

Lee probably knows that and is (hopefully) looking to rectify that in the summer, without the restrictions of a poxy salary cap.

Until then, try and do your best with the meagre scraps thrown your way and get the feel of English football. You never know, some of your team-mates might work out what you actually need and start playing decent balls in for you.

I'm not going to write off Ronnie yet.
    Oh, there is definitely more to Ronnie than we have seen.
    Bit of a leap to believe he was brought in with next season in mind though, particularly as we tried to get him in the summer.
    Perhaps we expected more from our creative players
  • How long have Morgan and Schwartz had on the same pitch together?

Think Albie has the potential to be the Shinnie to Schwartz's Stockley.