Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Again it was a good height to be saved.  Go low or go high. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Did absolutely nothing wrong with his penalty.
    He’s literally missed it.

I’m convinced Amos could boot the ball into his own net whilst flipping off the fans and revealing a Palace tattoo and we’d all say it was unlucky.
    Again, it was on target with pace. He didn’t miss. But feel free to wind yourself up over it.
    You saw that he didn't score right? and therefor he MISSED THE PENALTY.

Those of you backing it as a good penalty are wrong. Any penalty that doesn't go in from 12 yards, is not a good penalty. 
    Get your wording right then... HE HAD THE PENALTY SAVED!!

"Missed the penalty" is a damned lazy cliche in the sport
    He didn't score so he missed the pen. 
    Think we're all going to have to agree to disagree on something else then

We're all adults... Arent we?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Laddick01 said:

I’m convinced Amos could boot the ball into his own net whilst flipping off the fans and revealing a Palace tattoo and we’d all say it was unlucky.
    Again, it was on target with pace. He didn’t miss. But feel free to wind yourself up over it.

Those of you backing it as a good penalty are wrong. Any penalty that doesn't go in from 12 yards, is not a good penalty. 
    I wish the world was so black and white. Life would be so easy.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Laddick01 said:

I wish the world was so black and white. Life would be so easy.
    It really is that simple, not sure what is so hard to understand. If you don't score a penalty, you miss it. 
  • An absolute worldie from the keeper doesn’t excuse missing a pen.  It’s 12 yards and you’re a professional.
  • An absolute worldie from the keeper doesn’t excuse missing a pen.  It’s 12 yards and you’re a professional.
    But the Goalkeeper opposite him is a paid professional and is expected to save it...?
    Much much easier to score than to save - if you don't score a penalty, its a bad penalty. This guy is paid to score a penalty and a penalty is literally the best opportunity to score on the pitch other than a tap in
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    An absolute worldie from the keeper doesn’t excuse missing a pen.  It’s 12 yards and you’re a professional.
    Millar's a professional and he let the ball run under his foot. On that basis, he's no better than me. It's just one of those things that happens in football. We don't have Yoni Buyens anymore so there is a real chance we won't score every pen.
  • If Schwartz comes good next season I'll be surprised, but from what he's shown so far isn't encouraging. Barely touches the ball or adds anything else 
    Move country during a pandemic, away from wife and kids, nowhere to go, nothing to do, only getting bench time! What do you expect from him? 

He was part of a triple substitution, take the penalty away, did he do any less than the other two subs?
  • Why didn’t Washington get this level of comment away to gillingham?
    Probably because he had scored more than 1 goal before his pen miss. 
  • Sponsored links:

To be fair, it’s probably cos he ain’t been shit.
  • I hope Stuart Pearce, Chris Waddle and Gareth Southgate aren’t reading this thread. Shit players all three, as confirmed by CL logic.
    To be honest I think this is half the problem. I haven’t seen many people completely write him off or vilify him. Just mainly comments that it wasn’t a great pen (which it wasn’t).

Yet there are a lot of posters who feel the need to blindly defend him.

He didn’t score. It wasn’t great, but that’s where it ends.

He’s a likeable guy and I think he can be decent for us in a consistent system.
    I'm surprised less has been made about Washington's effort on target

Was very Simon Church like and surprised it wasnt pounced upon by people even at the time
  • Called it early on the thread. A total dud. 
  • now i'm speaking as someone who has not played professional football. amateur football i was told to always hit a penalty (didn't take many mind) low and hard to a corner. if feeling confident hit it hard into the top corners. 

yet he did neither of those things. what is he there for? natural finisher my arse. 
  • Even the best strikers miss penalties, we haven’t got the best strikers and so more chance of not scoring them. It’s just not going well for Schwartz at the moment I think he’s a bit unlucky the keeper did well. Still don’t think any of us have seen enough of him with the right supply to him to be judge properly. Our forward play as a team is really quite poor at the moment. Once our midfield learn to pass to there own team mates and provide quality into dangerous areas of the box. I think we’ll see the best of Ronnie. I’m not writing the fella off based on what we’ve seen, it would be unfair I think.
  • now i'm speaking as someone who has not played professional football. amateur football i was told to always hit a penalty (didn't take many mind) low and hard to a corner. if feeling confident hit it hard into the top corners. 

yet he did neither of those things. what is he there for? natural finisher my arse. 
    Bowyer was saying post match that he normally hits it high into the net rather than down low - On that basis I'd suggest that Schwartz either tried something different or didnt get the connection he wanted meaning it went lower than what he wanted
  • Shwartz is as yet unproven. Good save by the keeper from a well taken penalty. I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse. I do think he struggles with our style of play as it’s very quick touch and I’m not sure that he is used to playing this way. The jury has to be out.One can only be positive about  players as it is a confidence game. Suggesting what he should do to improve his game is better than just slagging him off personally. I think he needs to improve his one touch passing game if he is going to stay in the team.