Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• That’s a couple of massive IFs that you’re basing that entire argument on. 

1. He’s barely had an opportunity to show what he’s about. When he’s been presented with chances, he’s shown he can finish. 2. Likely a Thomas recommendation but don’t think he held a barrel to Gallen’s head and made him sign a Dane.

Regardless, it’s less about the imports themselves and more about the intention behind them. Roland shipped a load of second rate players over from Standard/STVV because it was more cost efficient for the network to have all these players playing games wherever he could fit them. Thomas would be signing players because he genuinely believes they give the team a better chance of winning.
    Let’s definitely not go on painting that part of our history in an unduly positive light but that’s the only part of his reign I will ever say is wholly inaccurate:

Buyens
    Bulot
    Teixeira
    Ben Haim
    (and whilst controversial I actually thought Tucudean compares well to some of our recent guff).
    Ajdarevic (blowing out his arse but played a key role in keeping us up)

Not to mention a transfer policy that gave the likes of Bauer, Sarr, Gudmundsson.

As I say - interesting to see what the summer brings minus a salary cap.
    None of those players listed (aside from Ajdarevic) or players subsequently given by other posters came in during Roland’s first transfer window. I feel the goalposts have been a bit moved here.

Of course there were a couple of decent ones later down the line but that first transfer window was a massive mistake and totally soured the whole relationship between fans and owner from the very beginning.

Roland’s first transfer window consisted of:

Astrit Ajdarevic (loan from Standard)
    Reza Ghoochannejhad (perm from Standard)
    Yohann Thuram-Ulien (loan from Standard)
    Loic Nego (perm from Ujpest)
    Anil Koc (loan from Standard)
    Piotr Parzyszek (perm from De Graafschap)

None of these players were good enough and four out of five were signed because they weren’t getting enough minutes at their previous network club. The other two ended up with us because Thomas recommended it (Nego & Parzyszek).

That next summer window, the quality of recruit improved dramatically but Roland had already made that name for himself with the way he treated Powell, Kermorgant, Stephens, Solly, Morrison and others. 
    That's moving the goal posts a bit.  Stephens was always leaving that window because of the previous ownership and the Morrison debarcle was a year later. 
  • Ajdarevic was one of our better players in the run in. 
    Reza had ability, but no footballing brain. Helped to keep us up with that peach against Leeds. 

The others for sure were a waste of time and money. The players we lost that January was bloody sinful. 
  • On the plus side...........we are saving a fortune not having to wash his kit after a game.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Ajdarevic was one of our better players in the run in. 
    Reza had ability, but no footballing brain. Helped to keep us up with that peach against Leeds. 

The others for sure were a waste of time and money. The players we lost that January was bloody sinful. 
    Ajdarevic was class. He might have only been able to give 20/30 minutes before he was shagged but he was class. We don’t have many players who have that technical ability at Charlton. 

• edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ajdarevic was one of our better players in the run in. 

Ajdarevic was class. He might have only been able to give 20/30 minutes before he was shagged but he was class. We don’t have many players who have that technical ability at Charlton. 
    We have one out on loan... ;) If only he had the desire to be a success. 
  • edited March 2021
    :(  That was the moment.
  • What are his strengths again?
  • Remember, when he gets a chance he'll score it...  
  • Totally out of his depth, poor, poor signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would storm the championship though I'm sure... What a donkey
  • What are his strengths again?
    Lol!
  • Not a good pen.....good height for keeper to save
  • Where is this quality finishing I keep hearing about...
  • Shwartz Out 
  • Sponsored links:

• Runs. and runs. runs. does some more running. runs a bit. runs really hard. moves around at more than a walking pace. runs. runs a bit. runs a fair amount. does a bit of running. runs around a lot.

Fuck me, Im surprised he didnt run up to the ball, run round it 3 times and run off the pitch.

Said to my mate as we watched together on Facetime - I'll be shocked if we score cos hes gonna need to touch it.
  • Did absolutely nothing wrong with his penalty.
    True, all he did was miss it. 
    He fucking missed it!!!
    It was on target with pace. He didn’t miss, did he?
    It was at a perfect height for the keeper to save if he goes the right way. And he did. 

So where as it was not a bad penalty, it certainly was not a 'good' one. 
    He fucking missed it!!!
    It was on target with pace. He didn’t miss, did he?
    He missed it ffs. If you don't convert it's a miss. Not arguing about semantics. Chance to nick it in dying seconds and we bottle it. 

No mental strength in this team. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Did absolutely nothing wrong with his penalty.
    He’s literally missed it.

I’m convinced Amos could boot the ball into his own net whilst flipping off the fans and revealing a Palace tattoo and we’d all say it was unlucky.
    You mean he hasn't???
  • It wasn't a terrible penalty, but it wasn't a great penalty either. Nice height for the keeper, not in the corner, and not hit with much power. The keeper's guessed right and saved it, but it's not an amazing save.