Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Questions on whether he’s up to it or not will need more time to determine, but whoever drove this deal, it was very much the wrong time to do it. 

Relocation is difficult at the best of times particularly to a new country and new style of play, but during a pandemic amid lockdown restrictions and with no established support network to hand was frought with too many unknown risks. 

Might still turn out a good move but for a January transfer it was a poor one considering what we needed
    Agreed. If he'd signed at the beginning of the season, great. The team would be used to him, and vice versa, he'd have more time to settle a bit and probably he'd be doing much better in general.

But he was absolutely not the kind of signing to make to rescue a season going off the rails, even less so with Covid etc making more complications - Stockley, a big strapping English born and bred player with experience of this league and similar absolutely was, as has been proven by their respective records.

He may or may not work out in the long run but deferring judgment for now I think is fair, and sensible.
  • Chunes said:
    Croydon said:
    Thinking of clear cut chances Schwartz has had since he's joined, and I make it:

1 scored
    1 hit the post
    1 completely fluffed

1in 3 conversion rate isn't bad at this level, and would no doubt improve with some game time. But I genuinely can't think of any other times we've created something for him. That being said, he is a passenger with our current style of play, and that's not really a luxury we can afford to have atm.
    He also scored one that was incorrectly ruled offside.
    Ah yep, forgot all about that one! Proves my point though, great conversion rate when he's given the right service.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Thinking of clear cut chances Schwartz has had since he's joined, and I make it:

1 scored
    1 hit the post
    1 completely fluffed

1in 3 conversion rate isn't bad at this level, and would no doubt improve with some game time. But I genuinely can't think of any other times we've created something for him. That being said, he is a passenger with our current style of play, and that's not really a luxury we can afford to have atm.
    I don't think we can blame Schwartz for this though, he comes on makes the right moves but is almost never picked out. You can see his frustration grow as games go on. It is the managers decision to bring him on and therefore he must believe that his side are going to change their style to accommodate for the striker change... They don't. Which is either a tactical error to not get them to do so or an issue multiple individuals make. 
    Completely agree with you Daz, and wasn't trying to shift any blame onto Schwartz at all. He's ineffectual, but that's due to our set up, not his lack of ability.
  • Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

1 scored
    1 hit the post
    1 completely fluffed

I don't think we can blame Schwartz for this though, he comes on makes the right moves but is almost never picked out. You can see his frustration grow as games go on. It is the managers decision to bring him on and therefore he must believe that his side are going to change their style to accommodate for the striker change... They don't. Which is either a tactical error to not get them to do so or an issue multiple individuals make. 
    Completely agree with you Daz, and wasn't trying to shift any blame onto Schwartz at all. He's ineffectual, but that's due to our set up, not his lack of ability.
    Oh no I got that, I was in agreement with your points. 
  • edited February 2021
    He wouldn't be here if Thomas wasn't, it's that plain and simple. I've seen Gallen say they had an eye on him etc but I'm calling b*****s. Bowyer has never operated with a poacher striker, he has always opted for a striker with pace on the break. For Ronnie to work you would need to have a whole new system. I don't even see where he fits in. Chuks should be undroppable based on his goals and influence in games, Jayden is our best player. Now you can't play 3 up top because none of them can play wide, you can't play a 2 and a 1 behind because even though I like the sound of it Chuks just doesn't have the energy or vision to be a 10 imo. So one of them has to miss out.

Every game I have seen of him he has been non existent other than his debut where he linked with Chuks well and scored against an open Wimbledon side. Against these tighter teams he completely goes missing and doesn't bring himself into the game. He doesn't come back for the ball, he doesn't attempt 1-2s etc, just makes runs. Simon Church made runs.

I am failing to see how someone like Bogle who actually had decent showings for us got absolute pelters but a player who genuinely goes missing gets nothing.

We were desperate for a centre back, probably a couple, instead we 'didn't have the money' and brought in a striker that wasn't ready to play and doesn't suit any formation we have played under Lee?

We don't have the creative players to put it on a plate for him (please don't say 1 assist in 100 games Williams or Maddison who looked poor other than a nothing cup game) and we don't play possession based football where he would get time to find a pattern and a run, so where does he fit in?

Sorry but it's been a complete dud for the circumstances and I don't believe for one second Lee or Gallen truly wanted him. Keep the boss happy signing 

Edit: not Wimbledon but Rochdale 
  • He wouldn't be here if Thomas wasn't, it's that plain and simple. I've seen Gallen say they had an eye on him etc but I'm calling b*****s. Bowyer has never operated with a poacher striker, he has always opted for a striker with pace on the break. For Ronnie to work you would need to have a whole new system. I don't even see where he fits in. Chuks should be undroppable based on his goals and influence in games, Jayden is our best player. Now you can't play 3 up top because none of them can play wide, you can't play a 2 and a 1 behind because even though I like the sound of it Chuks just doesn't have the energy or vision to be a 10 imo. So one of them has to miss out.

Every game I have seen of him he has been non existent other than his debut where he linked with Chuks well and scored against an open Wimbledon side. Against these tighter teams he completely goes missing and doesn't bring himself into the game. He doesn't come back for the ball, he doesn't attempt 1-2s etc, just makes runs. Simon Church made runs.

I am failing to see how someone like Bogle who actually had decent showings for us got absolute pelters but a player who genuinely goes missing gets nothing.

We were desperate for a centre back, probably a couple, instead we 'didn't have the money' and brought in a striker that wasn't ready to play and doesn't suit any formation we have played under Lee?

We don't have the creative players to put it on a plate for him, and we don't play possession based football where he would get time to find a pattern and a run, so where does he fit in?

Sorry but it's been a complete dud for the circumstances and I don't believe for one second Lee or Gallen truly wanted him. Keep the boss happy signing 
    He scored against Rochdale securing the point. Not Wimbledon. 
  • Ah right, both crap teams both high scoring games, easy mistake. Still doesn't change anything I've said 
  • Ah right, both crap teams both high scoring games, easy mistake. Still doesn't change anything I've said 
    If he'd scored against Wimbledon his goal wouldn't have changed the result, scoring against Rochdale earned us the point. Never know we might scrape the playoffs by a point ;)
  • You lot would have hated Darren Bent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    hes a poacher goalscorer, needs service
    Or even just putting the ball into the box for knockdowns and loose balls.

How many times did we put the ball into the box yesterday, especially 2nd half?

• edited February 2021
    redbuttle said:
    He's literally been a no show apart from his debut.
    I can never recall a player in my life who is invisible every game.
    It's quite an achievement.
    Looks like DJ is going to be another one..
    So is Gallon the master recruiter or not, or is bowyer not managing / coaching these player properly?. Surely must be one or the other?
  • redbuttle said:
    So is Gallon the master recruiter or not, or is bowyer not managing / coaching these player properly?. Surely must be one or the other?
    DJ started one game in a weird formation with Deji overlapping. He must be thinking wtf.
  • edited February 2021
    (double post)
  • I will also count ones that hit the woodwork and ones where the goalie made a worldie. 

Might just go full hog and use the XG stats and be done with it. 
  • redbuttle said:
    the people i know don't rate him...
  • edited February 2021
    Redhenry said:
    redbuttle said:
    the people i know don't rate him...
    Take it you mean Gallen and not Bowyer? Any word on any disharmony in the dressing room? It does look like the players don’t like Bowyer 
  • Sponsored links:

• my contacts don't have any players at Charlton atm
  • This all sounds very Gansgter'esque. The short sentences add to thrill and suspense too, as if somebody behind the keyboard and monitor might listen to what is being types ;-)
  • see so many similarities with when jiminez took over the club, immediately signed a goalscorer/poacher who was then called lazy, a dud by some. Poor results with players realising no matter what they do they'll be out the door by summer replaced by far superior players. 

Then a big summer transfer window later and we pissed the league and gave a great account of ourselves the next season after in the championship narrowly missing out on the playoffs.
  • see so many similarities with when jiminez took over the club, immediately signed a goalscorer/poacher who was then called lazy, a dud by some. Poor results with players realising no matter what they do they'll be out the door by summer replaced by far superior players. 

Then a big summer transfer window later and we pissed the league and gave a great account of ourselves the next season after in the championship narrowly missing out on the playoffs.
    Bradders was so strange to watch. Worth noting he was a complete flop back in the Championship. 

He was bloody good in both his first half a season with us and after the rebuild. We changed the way we played to have him as the pinnacle of our attack, almost immediately.

In league 1 he scored 30 in 63 appearances. Unreal. 
  • AndyG said:
    maybe after the shift Washington put in on Tuesday he will be rested this weekend and then Ronnie can get a start. I have felt for him a bit so far as I think he needs a run of games
    I feel the same. I keep thinking of Ronnie stuck in his London hotel away from his family, not getting a chance to show what he can do and without a run in the team to motivate him. It wouldn't take a genius to see that this isn't working out for him and, as it stands, probably isn't going to now. Shame, because a 'fox in the box' looks like the perfect partner for Stockley and Aneke. I can see Ronnie leaving us at the end of the season, irrespective of whatever league we might be in.
  • meldrew66 said:
    AndyG said:
    maybe after the shift Washington put in on Tuesday he will be rested this weekend and then Ronnie can get a start. I have felt for him a bit so far as I think he needs a run of games
    I feel the same. I keep thinking of Ronnie stuck in his London hotel away from his family, not getting a chance to show what he can do and without a run in the team to motivate him. It wouldn't take a genius to see that this isn't working out for him and, as it stands, probably isn't going to now. Shame, because a 'fox in the box' looks like the perfect partner for Stockley and Aneke. I can see Ronnie leaving us at the end of the season, irrespective of whatever league we might be in.
    Overreaction!