Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Danish top division football is Championship standard at best.  His record is not fantastic.
    I'm guessing that he is a cheaper option than players over here.
    He needs to be given time, he has had two spells with clubs that he has been prolific so hopefully he can replicate that with us.
    Exactly, it’s always exciting signing players from abroad, especially strikers, and in turn expectations can be inflated. I think we need to cut the guy a bit of slack. Calling him a ‘dud’ is a bit shit. You’ve got;

1. Adapting to a new lifestyle
    2. The Covid world - can’t got out, no fans etc
    3. Lack of recent game time
    4. Lack of service
    5. We are shit/completely out of form and confidence
    6. He’s not been given anywhere near enough of a chance yet

Off the top of my head he took his goal really well against Rochdale, hit the post against Swindon (?), fluffed one at Bristol Rovers. Apart from that I don’t think he’s been given a sniff. His movement looks good, we just haven’t got the ball down or show enough quality in the final third to help the bloke so far.

On top of the ‘dud’ thing, you’ve got some people saying along the lines of ‘well if he’s not getting the ball he should adapt his game’. The blokes not even played 350 minutes in a Charlton shirt yet!
    Point 5 is very relevant.  Bringing players into a struggling side will always be difficult. 
  • I thought we signed DJ to provide some service along with Millar?
    I think we signed DJ because Swindon  were desperate for money & at the time (transfer deadline day) we were the only low level league club who could pay a transfer fee. I suspect his wages are minimal. I also suspect he wasn't a player that Bowyer expressly wanted but Gallen said it made sense & was one " for the future"  - either for us or for a future fee (like Bonne).
  • People seem to be either saying he was useless or it was impossible for him to be effective as he didn’t get any service. I like him but I’d say the truth is somewhere in the middle.
  • The truth is it wasn't a good signing for me. No experience in the EFL. Played a handful of games all season and is in his 30's.  Echoes of a Roland network player.
  • Not sure why we signed him or DJ right now, when all we seem to want to do is pump balls up to Stockley. Maybe in the next few games when we go on this run Bowyers been promising us for 3 months now, we'll see the plan coming together.

Don't hold your breath
  • sam3110 said:
    Not sure why we signed him or DJ right now, when all we seem to want to do is pump balls up to Stockley. Maybe in the next few games when we go on this run Bowyers been promising us for 3 months now, we'll see the plan coming together.

Don't hold your breath
    I really wonder how much say, if any, Bowyer has on incoming transfers.  I know there have been quite restricting circumstances but we seem to sign a lot of players he obviously doesn't rate or have the faintest idea how to use.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Somebody who analyzes the symptoms, but ignores the cause.

He could have touched the ball, its all well and good saying he's just a finisher but why did we buy him if he's literally not doing anything else?
  • Oggy Red said:

He could have touched the ball, its all well and good saying he's just a finisher but why did we buy him if he's literally not doing anything else?
    He was a Thomas network signing, he will not be here next season.
  • Thought he played in the wrong games... Should have been on the bench @ Fleetwood, started tonight.

Saturday was like Northampton, that was never going to play to his style
  • He definitely had at least one touch tonight. He flicked a header on. Analyst must have missed that
  • Even the best strikers don't score every chance, they need more than 1 or 2 chances a game. Schwartz isn't getting any. If he was regularly several chances a game I'd agree. He wouldn't be this ineffective at other League 1 clubs.
  • Oggy Red said:

Because we needed a finisher?
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel sorry for Schwartz.. needs to service and support already shown her him the ball and he will hit the target .. his movement is top drawer especially without the ball ...... we finally have a goalscorer let’s get the best out of him and get him ready for next season 

• Ben18 said:
    He definitely had at least one touch tonight. He flicked a header on. Analyst must have missed that
    That wouldn’t have made such a good tweet though would it?
  • I find myself increasingly feeling sorry for him, and agree with FA that surely today would have been better to start him than Fleetwood? 
    I'm not convinced about him at all though, its very conceivable that the Danish league is very different to English football and generally of lower quality. How on earth some think he'd be mustard in the Championship based on what we've seen is very odd to me. 
  • Funny how everyone feels so sorry for poor Ronnie yet were all happy to slag Bogle off. 

Despite almost all the excuses being true for him as well. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Funny how everyone feels so sorry for poor Ronnie yet were all happy to slag Bogle off. 

Despite almost all the excuses being true for him as well. 
    Bogle offers more than Ronnie from what i've seen
    That's worrying

• People saying that we’re not playing to his strengths, but do any teams in any leagues, let alone one struggling in League One, have a player than can just finish and has nothing else to their game? I can’t think of many. 

I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see how he is going to succeed at Charlton and, even if he did nick the odd goal here and there, I’d much rather have a Chuks or a Stockley or even Washington who have other qualities.
  • He's literally been a no show apart from his debut.
    I can never recall a player in my life who is invisible every game.
    It's quite an achievement.