Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Shwartz needs the ball to his feet, that hasn't happened much, he's not quite got his footing right for a couple of chances in the box but he must be way off from sharp, but I think if you put the ball to his feet within the 18 yard box I'd put money on him hitting the back of the net.

Within the first 15 minutes of yday's game, Shwartz made a run between the CBs that would've had him through on goal if Morgan had played him in but he either didn't see it or didn't go for it, those are the opportunities he needs feeding, not balls taking deflections to him in a slippy, waterlogged pitch
    I thought that dummy for Stockley in the first half was class.  For someone to not touch the ball for almost 30 minutes and still not panic by making the sensible decision showed his thinking ability. Can imagine other strikers getting annoyed and trying to force a shot from outside the box. Shame that did not pay off for us. 
  • We started with the right top 2 last night but played with 4 centre midfielders behind them and no width.

The service was shocking if we play the diamond we need the full backs to width when given the opportunity of late their delivery has been woeful
  • barely played for 6 months, moved to a new country, probably living in a hotel (without family ?!?!), has already scored 1 cracker and 1 disallowed.

He clearly knows where the goal is

christ give the poor fucker a chance!!!....not sure we'll see the best of him for a while yet
    You have to ask if it was a good signing in January then if its going to take him a while to adjust. 

In Bowyer's very own words 'you can't afford to carry people'. 
    almost by that stance then, you'd never sign anyone ?!?!
    The key to my comment is 'January'. It's not the time to give players 10 games to get up to speed.
  • edited February 2021
    Play two wingers to give their full backs problems and cause a situation where Ronnie’s movement will create space for him. I’m not sure what people are expecting with the current creativity in our side, especially last night. We could have Danny Ings up front and he wouldn’t get a sniff.
  • edited February 2021
    We started with the right top 2 last night but played with 4 centre midfielders behind them and no width.

The service was shocking if we play the diamond we need the full backs to width when given the opportunity of late their delivery has been woeful
    100% this.

Crying out for some width last night. A decent delivery to Schwartz would have been nice as well.
  • edited February 2021
    Addickted said:
    We started with the right top 2 last night but played with 4 centre midfielders behind them and no width.

100% this.

Crying out for some width last night. A decent delivery to Schwartz would have been nice as well.
    Agree.

We tried to get our width from Maththews (ineffective) and Maatsen (willing) but it wasn't enough. LB is over-thinking it; either go 4-4-2 with Millar on the left and last night, Morgan could have gone on the right, slightly narrower (like a Graham Stuart)....or we could go 4-3-3 in future with Millar, Stockley, DJ as the forward line. Trouble with that, is we don't have a goal-scoring midfielder to make the runs in off Stockley. Maybe Morgan could do that? 
  • Judge him when we've got 2 fit wingers playing whipping crosses into the box.
  • Judge him when we've got 2 fit wingers playing whipping crosses into the box.
    Has he shown he can do much with his head?

I think he'll be better suited when he's got someone like Smith playing (Gallen mentioned he been brought in because he can put in a decent through ball for the likes of Millar | Schwartz | Washington) - We saw how he was on his toes briefly when someone tried to play the ball over a defender to him, it just didnt work last night as Portsmouth didnt give much space behind.

Swindon on the other hand played a very high back line, he again didnt get the service on the floor but created his own opportunity because of a poor back pass that he was able run on to, just on that occasion the Goalkeeper was up to the task

I think because of that style his biggest issue will be pace... If we can get it to him on the floor that way then he should handle most CBs as dont think there are that many Centre-Backs across the division that you could argue as being quick themselves

Although I cant really comment on that as dont see other CBs play every week
  • We started with the right top 2 last night but played with 4 centre midfielders behind them and no width.

We need to not play the diamond. 

We don't have Cullen and Pratley in the middle ahead of Bielik to make it work. Or Cullen and Pratley with Field behind for that matter!
  • I'm not convinced he's the man for the job, but that's because of us, not him. Bit like when we signed Rommedahl who plays off the shoulder of the fullback and needs long balls into the channel to run on to and we used to pass it sideways and backwards just as he made a run forwards. We don't play to his strengths and until we do he'll look ineffective
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Judge him when we've got 2 fit wingers playing whipping crosses into the box.
    Has he shown he can do much with his head?

I think he'll be better suited when he's got someone like Smith playing (Gallen mentioned he been brought in because he can put in a decent through ball for the likes of Millar | Schwartz | Washington) - We saw how he was on his toes briefly when someone tried to play the ball over a defender to him, it just didnt work last night as Portsmouth didnt give much space behind.

Swindon on the other hand played a very high back line, he again didnt get the service on the floor but created his own opportunity because of a poor back pass that he was able run on to, just on that occasion the Goalkeeper was up to the task

I think because of that style his biggest issue will be pace... If we can get it to him on the floor that way then he should handle most CBs as dont think there are that many Centre-Backs across the division that you could argue as being quick themselves

Although I cant really comment on that as dont see other CBs play every week
    He's been in the right place for a number of whipped in low crosses but was a bit rusty, he's still feeling rusty but then we are still not trying to play to his strengths. 

I honestly think we should be going flat 4-4-2 from now on with the following players when all are fit and stick to it. 

GK
    RB - RCB - LCB - LB
    RM - RCM - LCM - LM
    FW - FW

Amos
    Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen
    Jaiyesimi - Shinnie - F.Caskey - Millar
    Aneke - Stockley

We start with the forward line of Aneke and Stockley to bully the defence and then as the game goes on you replace them with Schwartz and Washington. Next game rotate the starting pair if their fitness isn't good enough to start like that Sat/Tues weekly.

Subs
    M. Brewer for GK
    Oshilaja can cover CB roles and also at a push RB/LB
     Gunter can cover RB/LB and at a push CB.
    Morgan can replace anyone in that midfield if they're tiring to continue his progression,
    Gilbey can probably replace either CM if we can get him playing at the level he was.
    Schwartz - Minister of Shooting on the bench
    Washington - Workhorse that can and will pop up with goals
  • edited February 2021
    Every time I watched Schwartz play I cannot understand why we prioritised signing him. I actually rate his movement and work-rate and feel sorry for him. Playing him alongside Stockley is a huge mistake and we will never get the best out of him. 

Makes zero sense why we signed him before the window without a strategy to how we are going to get the best out of him. I have zero sympathy for Bowyer and the wage cap when we signed Schwartz and don't even attempt to try and play to his strengths. 

Starting to be one of the weirdest signings we have made in a while, and that include the Roland era.

• Every time I watched Schwartz play I cannot understand why we prioritised signing him. I actually rate his movement and work-rate and feel sorry for him.

Makes zero sense why we signed him before the window without a strategy to how we are going to get the best out of him. I have zero sympathy for Bowyer and the wage cap when we signed Schwartz and don't even attempt to try and play to his strengths. 

Starting to be one of the weirdest signings we have made in a while, and that include the Roland era.

The ability is there, and his work rate and effort is too...
    problem is that, bowyer refuses to play to a lot of players strengths in favour of his long ball/play from the back. 

If you play quick passing football with crosses and through balls , then Schwartz & Millar play blinders- but al the while our play bypasses midfield to stockleys head then he has no chance
  • Every time I watched Schwartz play I cannot understand why we prioritised signing him. I actually rate his movement and work-rate and feel sorry for him. Playing him alongside Stockley is a huge mistake and we will never get the best out of him. 

Starting to be one of the weirdest sign
    I could understand if we played to his strengths, but we don't. For me he needs to be alongside a decent passer or part of a front 3.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Every time I watched Schwartz play I cannot understand why we prioritised signing him. I actually rate his movement and work-rate and feel sorry for him. Playing him alongside Stockley is a huge mistake and we will never get the best out of him. 

Starting to be one of the weirdest sign
    I could understand if we played to his strengths, but we don't. For me he needs to be alongside a decent passer or part of a front 3.
    That is my huge problem with the situation. 

For me the decision not to get a dominating centre half or a dominating midfielder in the transfer window is up there with the decision of selling Parker, Reid & Yann. We were told that there was no option out there within our budget, but why did we prioritise signing Schwartz and spending wages on him when he is wasted. Three weeks after signing him we sign Stockley who relegated him to a back-up striker before he even started a league match. 

• A dud. That is all.
  • edited February 2021
    His movement was non-stop and he was always pulling into holes or dropping behind the lines and not once did anybody get their head up and look for the bloke. They just played it sideways or to Stockley who was nearer. If I was him I would have been infuriated.
  • I think he is a dud. Not going to happen. He is not physically able and lacks the bravery to play in League 1. Wouldn't feel so bad had we not let so many young players leave the club without getting a chance in first team.
  • edited February 2021
    I don't get these comments.

When it was Bonne, everybody said "Bonne needs service FFS." 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not going to write him off yet, but I am starting to worry 
  • se9addick said:
    Not going to write him off yet, but I am starting to worry 
    Yup, that’s more or less where I am with it. 
  • He’s not a dud . He’s just in a team that creates very little and hasn’t for a very long time.  
    Yet scores plenty of goals.
  • I hope Bowyer sticks with him from the start on Tuesday. Big game for him. 
  • I gave Bogle plenty, so this fella shouldn't be immune.
    Looks like a mistake. Fair enough he hasn't had many chances, but he's been completely anonymous.

But if Bowyer won't play to his strengths then it's difficult to judge.
  • He’s not a dud . He’s just in a team that creates very little and hasn’t for a very long time.  
    Yet scores plenty of goals.
    Not because of balls to feet we don’t and that’s what he needs . 
  • I gave Bogle plenty, so this fella shouldn't be immune.
    Looks like a mistake. Fair enough he hasn't had many chances, but he's been completely anonymous.

But if Bowyer won't play to his strengths then it's difficult to judge.
    He didn't play Bogle to his strengths either but that didn't stop people. 

Bogle and Stockley would be better, playing the way we do, than Schwartz and anyone. 
  • Starting to become a very odd situation with Schwartz, i personally think he’s a bit of a dud. I think he touched the ball about 5 times all game. It’s like playing with 10 men at times, he’s not quick, not strong, can’t head it, can’t hold it up. Fine his finishing is meant to be good but even then he’s not set the world alight.
    I have some sympathy with him, as we don’t create many chances and Bowyer plays him for 10 minutes one game, 50 the next, then back to 20 minutes. All with a different strike partner! However If Bogle had played like Schwartz the last month or so, he would get slaughtered.