Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• LTKapal said:
    In all seriousness that sort of return may have given him some doubt as to whether moving abroad for football was the right thing to do for him hence not signing in October (obviously pandemic would have played a massive part in his decision process)Ā 
    Hopefully hits the ground running and can get rid of any subconscious self doubt, if he has any, about playing abroad .

Come on Rocket Ronnie fire us to promotion .

I saw something mentioned that when he went back to Denmark he said he struggled in France because of the language barrier
    Fingers crossed means we should be ok
    We don't speak French?
    Thank GodĀ 
    Mon Dieu! Sacre Blue! šŸ˜‰
  • Has he got a work permit ?
  • edited January 2021
    Has he got a work permit ?
    We'll find out this evening :)

Reckon he does but have got a feeling Charlton are keeping it quiet like they did the Forster-Caskey injury

I cant see why he wouldnt if the club were tweeting images of him training

Would be setting themselves up for a mega and embarrassing fail else
  • If he has got a permit then I would start him tonight give him the first 45 mins
  • Watching them videos he loves a top right finish. He's got me stirring.Ā 

like an impatient child, iĀ hope we see him tonight
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ff82fd3cdb22/match-preview-charlton-v-accrington-stanley

"Ronnie Schwartz still has some fitness to catch up on and will be unlikely to be available from the start." - Presumably permit not an issue and could well be a late impact sub then.
  • Excellent news with the work permit

I initially read as though he wasnt available for tonight for some reason
  • ā€œHe wanted to come here in the summer and it just couldnā€™t happen for one reason or another. But the most important thing is that he is here now.

Slightly puzzled by that comment, as I thought that it was Schwartz who cancelled the move at the last minute in October?
  • Sponsored links:

• ā€œHe wanted to come here in the summer and it just couldnā€™t happen for one reason or another. But the most important thing is that he is here now.

Slightly puzzled by that comment, as I thought that it was Schwartz who cancelled the move at the last minute in October?
    If he had, he would have been injured for a couple of months by nowĀ  :)
  • Hmm. All from distance.Ā  Are those goalkeepers well beaten or just a bit shit?
    Try this compilation fromĀ his time at Silkeborg instead. 40 goals in 50 games.

https://youtu.be/7OG15A3ECx8
    Hard to judge standard of goalkeeping or defence from those clips but if he keeps finding space like that he seems to have no problem hammering them home. Could become almost as much of a cult hero as Yann, (though Yann of course had so much more than just scoring goals) could also be an average 10/12 goals a season. Still more than our current strikers would get imo.
    Hard to imagine the Danish second division and Premier League are so poor that the absolute pony standard of League One this season will be a major step up for him.Ā 
    I agree, I'm just trying to rein in my enthusiasm & not get too carried away at the sight of Ronnie smashing in 30 yards top corner screamers as well as finding the space in crowded goal mouths for all of his tap ins. Inwardly I'm thinking fuck me we've got a bloody striker on our hands !!!
  • Gonna put it out there ,Ā 
    under bowyer - Schwartz wonā€™t score more than 3 this season!Ā 

Shocking tacticsĀ 
  • Iā€™m expecting a long term training injury to be announced on Monday, he wonā€™t have anticipated such a drop in standard...
  • sammy391 said:
    Gonna put it out there ,Ā 
    under bowyer - Schwartz wonā€™t score more than 3 this season!Ā 

Shocking tacticsĀ 
    Striker in can't score unless he actually gets any service shock.Ā 
    Precisely
  • Did he touch the ball? possibly once
  • Sponsored links:

• Had he not been injured, I think he would have added approx 9-12 points to our total. Just my guess from crosses nobody has been on the end of or the sitters missed.
  • Looked proper sharp on Tuesday and his goal was a humdinger. You can just tell looking at a centre forward, the movement and instinct. I thinkĀ Ronnie is gonna be great.
    And he comes across as mentally strong and decisive.

Without it, strikers lack that clinical instinct.

• I thought his finish and generally sharpness around the box was more reminiscent of Super Clive. Let's hope the rest of the team can provide him with similar service to that late 90s team.
  • Looked proper sharp on Tuesday and his goal was a humdinger. You can just tell looking at a centre forward, the movement and instinct. I thinkĀ Ronnie is gonna be great.

Gonna be Bowyer's Yann signing.
    CallumcafcĀ said:

Hard to judge standard of goalkeeping or defence from those clips but if he keeps finding space like that he seems to have no problem hammering them home. Could become almost as much of a cult hero as Yann, (though Yann of course had so much more than just scoring goals) could also be an average 10/12 goals a season. Still more than our current strikers would get imo.

Gonna be Bowyer's Yann signing.
    CallumcafcĀ said:

Chuks is already on 9 and Washington has 6 with more than half the season to go. Only reason Washington might not get to 10 is if he doesnā€™t play enough.