Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• IdleHans said:
    We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Big Ron will be restricted to cameo appearances,  as a back up to Bogle, or as another lost-looking left back. 

Don't be surprised to see Curbs replaced by Claus Jensen and Dennis Rommedahl for pre-match Minto interviews on Friday night and Noggin the Nog appointed as Director of Football with Hans Christian Anderson taking on the club's key PR role. 

Noggin the Nog was Icelandic.
    Norwegian, surely. When Nogbad the Bad was thwarted, he would sometimes retreat over the mountains to visit his granny in Finland.
    You can't do that from Iceland.

Schoolboy errors.

Noggin was King of the Nogs ... and the Nogs inhabit the Northlands.

Iceland?  Norway?  What are these places?
  • DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:
    This thread is indicative of just how much negatively has taken over CL recently.

The cynicism, the default position that whatever could go wrong will go wrong. It's not even gallows humour anymore. Have the last few years left a lot of fans addicted to crises and pessimism?

FFS, try and enjoy being a Charlton fan.

As the song goes, live, love, laugh and be happy.

LBR&WA
      Dear Henry well said my friend.
      I have been a passionate Charlton Fan all my life
      since I was a small boy, and I have 100% faith in
      Our excellent manager LB and our new owner TS.
      Every football club in the UK have a percentage of 
      Negative bordering on stupid fans it’s a normal 
      Distraction.
      Anyone with a brain for the last 7 games can see why we have struggled against average teams.
    we lost our two current best defenders and we don’t 
    have a serous striker.
    that was not down to LB or TS.
    when we get promotion some of the negative dept 
    will still moan in the championship and so on.
    proper fans remain proper fans, 
    we are still 6th in the table with 27 Games to go.
    So come on you Reds and Bollocks to Negativity 😂😂
    just as the negative tactics storm was starting to die down, someone had to go and reignite it - try and be positive and move on 
     Well if you read what I said,  I am very positive  
     as always so to be honest I do not follow,
     and if anyone  thinks what I honestly said would reignite more negative comments towards LB and the team them it just proves how bloody stupid they are 😂😂😂👍👍👍
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.
    I'd still like to see us offer Bogle plus cash for Joe Piggot.
    I was told by an employee of the club on Saturday that Ronnie was a "done deal" and that Piggot was looking good. They got the Ronnie bit right so fingers crossed. 
    Surprised no one commented on this - so we’re trying to sign Pigott? Surely that only happens if we can move another striker on - Bogle?
    Not sure how much stock I put into it honestly - Ronnie was the worst kept secret in SE7. Will be pleasantly surprised if Pigott returns. Good goalscorer at this level.
  • Rothko said:
    For the money you would pay for Piggott, would you get a player who could do it on promotion? 
    Impossible to say for sure, but I think he's going to top out at mid table championship for a season or two then fall away. 
  • Oosthuizen was an understudy to Ssm Bartram which was basically a bit of a none job. I had the programme with his name in it when young. I don't  remember if I saw the fame though.
    I think you're getting muddled up. Ronnie Oousthuizen was an outside left (remember that position?). The goalie that understudied Sam Bartram was Albert Uytenbogaardt also a South African. 

Why can I remember things from over 60 years ago but forget what I went into the kitchen for? 🤣

Albert must've been a patient man to be understudy to Big Sam !
  • Rob Elliot based his career on him.
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.
    I was told by an employee of the club on Saturday that Ronnie was a "done deal" and that Piggot was looking good. They got the Ronnie bit right so fingers crossed. 
    Surprised no one commented on this - so we’re trying to sign Pigott? Surely that only happens if we can move another striker on - Bogle?

Reinvesting the potential Doughty money, more likely I would have thought. Maybe we have a bit more room on the wage cap than is being let on, or are going to take a calculated risk with a bit of an overspend. Would make sense for the club to be playing down what they have left to spend when trying to negotiate the best deals they can with any oncoming players.
    He would probably cost less than what we get for Doughty.  So the transfer fee is a nonissue.

I wonder if you could do a layered contract with someone like Piggot.  A relatively small weekly wage then a massive promotion bonus and a significant pay rise in the championship?

I see Piggot like Taylor, could probably do a job in the championship but to prove it he probably will have to get promoted. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.

Reinvesting the potential Doughty money, more likely I would have thought. Maybe we have a bit more room on the wage cap than is being let on, or are going to take a calculated risk with a bit of an overspend. Would make sense for the club to be playing down what they have left to spend when trying to negotiate the best deals they can with any oncoming players.
    He would probably cost less than what we get for Doughty.  So the transfer fee is a nonissue.

I wonder if you could do a layered contract with someone like Piggot.  A relatively small weekly wage then a massive promotion bonus and a significant pay rise in the championship?

I see Piggot like Taylor, could probably do a job in the championship but to prove it he probably will have to get promoted. 
    That comes under the wage cap too though doesn't it? I agree with the theory we could offer players massive pay increases upon promotion but as a player you would then be taking a big gamble. We'd have to at least match his current salary you would say. 
  • Keeping hittin those fu*king homeruns Sandgaard!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.

That comes under the wage cap too though doesn't it? I agree with the theory we could offer players massive pay increases upon promotion but as a player you would then be taking a big gamble. We'd have to at least match his current salary you would say. 
    Promotion bonuses and bonuses for progressing in cup competitions are exempt from what I remember 
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.
    I was wondering why Schwartz didn't take the #9 shirt.. Pigott Confirmed.  B)
    Bonne was registered as #9, the same as Phillips as #1. A club can't register two players on the same squad number
  • We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Big Ron will be restricted to cameo appearances,  as a back up to Bogle, or as another lost-looking left back. 

Don't be surprised to see Curbs replaced by Claus Jensen and Dennis Rommedahl for pre-match Minto interviews on Friday night and Noggin the Nog appointed as Director of Football with Hans Christian Anderson taking on the club's key PR role. 

Yeah, but he was still a Viking.
  • edited January 2021

We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Denmark is an appealing market for Thomas, obviously ...... but don't forget, the population of London is nearly twice the population of Denmark!  :smile:

• How fit is Ronnie / how many weeks away from playing in the first team?
    Signed as "one for the future".  :smile:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.

Instead of trying to find a loophole in the wage cap, can't we just offer new signings a spare Range Rover ...... ?

• edited January 2021
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Welcome Ronnie.

Promotion bonuses and bonuses for progressing in cup competitions are exempt from what I remember 
    Sorry it's exempt, I stand corrected. The point still stands though, it's a gamble for the players. It's not like we are 10 points clear at the top, no potential signing is looking at us as dead certs to go up!
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Rob Elliot based his career on him.
    Rob Elliot based his career on Noggin the Nog ??

I didn't even know he played in goal. 
  • edited January 2021
    Ooops
  • edited January 2021
    Looking forward to Ronnie bagging the goals for us this year #UpTheAddicks 

• All jokes aside could we offer new signings perks such as free accommodation, rental cars etc.   Keep inside the cap but take away essential expenses from the player! 
  • All jokes aside could we offer new signings perks such as free accommodation, rental cars etc.   Keep inside the cap but take away essential expenses from the player! 
    Unfortunately not. Even the EFL were not that stupid.
  • 1968CAFC said:
    DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:
    This thread is indicative of just how much negatively has taken over CL recently.

The cynicism, the default position that whatever could go wrong will go wrong. It's not even gallows humour anymore. Have the last few years left a lot of fans addicted to crises and pessimism?

LBR&WA
      Distraction.
      Anyone with a brain for the last 7 games can see why we have struggled against average teams.
    have a serous striker.
    just as the negative tactics storm was starting to die down, someone had to go and reignite it - try and be positive and move on 
     and if anyone  thinks what I honestly said would reignite more negative comments towards LB and the team them it just proves how bloody stupid they are 😂😂😂👍👍👍
    if you don't think Bowyer's negative approach has lost us points then you have to be a bit dim tbh. Lets leave it at that :D
  • Hope he hits the ground running. Bent or Jones Ipswich or Port Vale

Darren Bent was the last goal scorer for me to do this.

As for Ronnie i would be happy if he was as good as Martin Robinson.

We will just have to wait and see , But the service must be given to him to have any chance for him to show what he is worth.
  • DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:
    DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:

LBR&WA
      Distraction.
    have a serous striker.
    if you don't think Bowyer's negative approach has lost us points then you have to be a bit dim tbh. Lets leave it at that :D
    I agree.  People who are always optimistic don't like reality. 
    I'm optimistic because I'd pull my bleddy hair out if I wasn't. 

• IdleHans said:

Norwegian, surely. When Nogbad the Bad was thwarted, he would sometimes retreat over the mountains to visit his granny in Finland.

About half of Iceland is mountainous, google Kerlingarfjöll. White bits are high mountains, brown mountains. And you should not trust what Nogbad tells you about anything.

• Dave Rudd said:
    IdleHans said:

Schoolboy errors.

Noggin was King of the Nogs ... and the Nogs inhabit the Northlands.

Iceland?  Norway?  What are these places?
    I double your schoolboy error. It is based on Norse sagas that were mainly from Iceland.

Noggin the Nog also tried to keep the country secret to thwart (unsuccessfully) Nogbad the bad.