Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• addick19 said:
    We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Big Ron will be restricted to cameo appearances,  as a back up to Bogle, or as another lost-looking left back. 

Don't be surprised to see Curbs replaced by Claus Jensen and Dennis Rommedahl for pre-match Minto interviews on Friday night and Noggin the Nog appointed as Director of Football with Hans Christian Anderson taking on the club's key PR role. 

Noggin the Nog was Icelandic.
    Yeah, but he was still a Viking.
    He desperatley tried to change his ways though.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Is Ronnie the Ron really Noggin the Nog .....?

Don't miss next weeks exciting instalment. Only on Charlton Life.

I need the small unimportant  pleasures to keep me from thinking of all the shit stuff happening in the world.
  • Hope he hits the ground running. Bent or Jones Ipswich or Port Vale

Darren Bent was the last goal scorer for me to do this.

As for Ronnie i would be happy if he was as good as Martin Robinson.

We will just have to wait and see , But the service must be given to him to have any chance for him to show what he is worth.
    Igor and BWP both started really well with us

We will just have to wait and see , But the service must be given to him to have any chance for him to show what he is worth.
    I don’t think our strikers can complain about the service. The chances have been there and I don’t see Ronnie having an air shot in the six yard box.

• Ron (note another Ronnie) Oosthuizen is really worthy of note. One appearance for Charlton having come from Marist Bros in South Africa. He left Charlton to play for Poole Town. I wonder if anyone on this forum saw his one appearance.
    I don't think I saw him play, but I got his autograph when I watched him training. In the fifties they used to train at the Valley, mainly running up and down the East terrace!  There were quite a few South Africans (Leary, Firmani, Hewie O'linn) playing for Charlton then.
    Brilliant stuff, @aitchyaddick. I saw Leary, Hewie and Firmani play as a youngster and remember the South African contingent well, but I had never heard of Oosthuizen until recently. Brian Tocknell was another from South Africa at that time while Peter Firmani came from the same club as Oosthuizen. I wonder why Oosthuizen effectively went from South Africa to Poole Town via Charlton - I assume he didn't make the grade at Charlton. I know of Syd O'Linn, but never saw him play, as he took lodgings at my grandmother's when he first came to England. You have, of course, given your age away a bit, @aitchyaddick!
    Add Cliff Durant and Mark Fish to your list.

Igor and BWP both started really well with us
    And Yann The Man too
  • Dave Rudd said:
    IdleHans said:
    We all need to be more positive but this is clearly an owner-initiated signing not a Gallen/Bowyer signing in order to boost CAFC interest in Denmark.

Big Ron will be restricted to cameo appearances,  as a back up to Bogle, or as another lost-looking left back. 

Don't be surprised to see Curbs replaced by Claus Jensen and Dennis Rommedahl for pre-match Minto interviews on Friday night and Noggin the Nog appointed as Director of Football with Hans Christian Anderson taking on the club's key PR role. 

Norwegian, surely. When Nogbad the Bad was thwarted, he would sometimes retreat over the mountains to visit his granny in Finland.
    You can't do that from Iceland.

Schoolboy errors.

Noggin was King of the Nogs ... and the Nogs inhabit the Northlands.

Iceland?  Norway?  What are these places?
    I double your schoolboy error. It is based on Norse sagas that were mainly from Iceland.

Noggin the Nog also tried to keep the country secret to thwart (unsuccessfully) Nogbad the bad.

Was Nogbad really all that bad though?  I mean it was a different time and we had different standards back then.  Shouldn't we draw a line under it and move on.  I find all this calling him "the bad" a bit hypocritical to be honest.  What about Noggin?  He also did some things he shouldn't be too proud of but you don't see snowflakes calling him "Noggin the bad".  It's all "ohhh, the Nog!  Come on Noggin, you're so much better then Nogbad!"
    Noggin also had an ice dragon - no one ever talks about this, i mean nogbad was bad, but the destruction of small businesses and unrest the dragon must've caused is way worse! Just ask the small business owners of Northlands
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Rudd said:
    IdleHans said:

Norwegian, surely. When Nogbad the Bad was thwarted, he would sometimes retreat over the mountains to visit his granny in Finland.

Schoolboy errors.

I double your schoolboy error. It is based on Norse sagas that were mainly from Iceland.

Noggin the Nog also tried to keep the country secret to thwart (unsuccessfully) Nogbad the bad.

Was Nogbad really all that bad though?  I mean it was a different time and we had different standards back then.  Shouldn't we draw a line under it and move on.  I find all this calling him "the bad" a bit hypocritical to be honest.  What about Noggin?  He also did some things he shouldn't be too proud of but you don't see snowflakes calling him "Noggin the bad".  It's all "ohhh, the Nog!  Come on Noggin, you're so much better then Nogbad!"
    Noggin also had an ice dragon - no one ever talks about this, i mean nogbad was bad, but the destruction of small businesses and unrest the dragon must've caused is way worse! Just ask the small business owners of Northlands
    Destructive Ice Dragon ? Step forward Pinocchio miere
  • Dave Rudd said:
    IdleHans said:

Schoolboy errors.

In fact Nog"bad" was just doing what had to be done, but no-one else wanted to step up and take the responsibility.
  • the gunslinger waiting to draw 
  • barstool said:
    the gunslinger waiting to draw 
    Great. 0-0 Tomorrow it is. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Hope he hits the ground running. Bent or Jones Ipswich or Port Vale

I don’t think our strikers can complain about the service. The chances have been there and I don’t see Ronnie having an air shot in the six yard box.
    Our strikers don't get great service. Yes Bogle made a mess of that chance, but no striker is expected to score every chance they receive. Bogle had 1 chance in the 45 minutes he was on, I'm struggling to remember Washington having any in the whole game
  • Sponsored links:

• He'll get a hat trick tomorrow 
    Can you be a bit more specific? - Goals, Minutes... Positions?
    3 goals in 90 minutes on the pitch ;-)

From centre back ?
  • edited January 2021
    Have to admit I'm quite excited by this guy. Being an Addick, expectation is usually a recipe for disappointment though.

Really hope we see him, Chuks, Maddison and Williams on the pitch together at somepoint tomorrow. Ideally from the start.
  • Hmm. All from distance.  Are those goalkeepers well beaten or just a bit shit?
  • edited January 2021
    Have to admit I'm quite excited by this guy. Being and Addick, expectation is usually a recipe for disappointment though.

Really hope we see him, Chuks, Maddison and Williams on the pitch together at somepoint tomorrow. Ideally from the start.
    You will ........ while the match day squad are doing the pre-match warm up  :smile:

• Have to admit I'm quite excited by this guy. Being and Addick, expectation is usually a recipe for disappointment though.

But does that not mean that we will be attacking and not defending?  :)