Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Looked proper sharp on Tuesday and his goal was a humdinger. You can just tell looking at a centre forward, the movement and instinct. I think Ronnie is gonna be great.

Gonna be Bowyer's Yann signing.
    Callumcafc said:
    Try this compilation from his time at Silkeborg instead. 40 goals in 50 games.

https://youtu.be/7OG15A3ECx8
    Hard to judge standard of goalkeeping or defence from those clips but if he keeps finding space like that he seems to have no problem hammering them home. Could become almost as much of a cult hero as Yann, (though Yann of course had so much more than just scoring goals) could also be an average 10/12 goals a season. Still more than our current strikers would get imo.
    Chuks is already on 9 and Washington has 6 with more than half the season to go. Only reason Washington might not get to 10 is if he doesn’t play enough.
    Chuks will probably end up somewhere in the mid teens and Washington on track for double figures. Add Schwartz onto that and it's surprisingly healthy (by Charlton standards) up front.

The real issue goal wise will be service.
  • We're top scorers in the division, ok we've played more than anyone, need to shore things up at the back, let in 8-10 more goals than teams around us.
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Looked proper sharp on Tuesday and his goal was a humdinger. You can just tell looking at a centre forward, the movement and instinct. I think Ronnie is gonna be great.

Callumcafc said:

Hard to judge standard of goalkeeping or defence from those clips but if he keeps finding space like that he seems to have no problem hammering them home. Could become almost as much of a cult hero as Yann, (though Yann of course had so much more than just scoring goals) could also be an average 10/12 goals a season. Still more than our current strikers would get imo.
    Chuks is already on 9 and Washington has 6 with more than half the season to go. Only reason Washington might not get to 10 is if he doesn’t play enough.
    Chuks will probably end up somewhere in the mid teens and Washington on track for double figures. Add Schwartz onto that and it's surprisingly healthy (by Charlton standards) up front.

I don’t think service is an issue as long as Bowyer doesn’t play such defensive line ups or slow down our play with wide players having to cut onto their stronger foot (Matthews at LB, Maatsen at RM etc). Not a problem for quick players like Doughty and Millar but for most players it doesn’t suit their game.

He’s been trying to play that way as it worked earlier in the season but with this squad we’re far better off going out to score 3/4. I’d imagine TS prefers that too seeing as he spoke about playing exciting football.
  • Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

Callumcafc said:

I don’t think service is an issue as long as Bowyer doesn’t play such defensive line ups or slow down our play with wide players having to cut onto their stronger foot (Matthews at LB, Maatsen at RM etc). Not a problem for quick players like Doughty and Millar but for most players it doesn’t suit their game.

He’s been trying to play that way as it worked earlier in the season but with this squad we’re far better off going out to score 3/4. I’d imagine TS prefers that too seeing as he spoke about playing exciting football.
    But Bowyer DOES play that way so it IS an issue. Maybe the second half performance will encourage a new approach but given we followed up a five goal performance with yet another bizarre conservative fudge I'm not betting on it.
  • mendonca said:
    Schwartz's interview was excellent. He speaks with great confidence. In fact, the way he speaks of the game is more technical and and accurate than most coaches! Seems a bright guy. 
    Can't be easy coming here during lockdown - I wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can see Schwartz quickly turning into a very popular player amongst the fans!!

Bit like that video he did when he joined with the over enthusiastic "Up the Addicks"

He's behaving like he really wants to be here
    Agreed. Thought his post-match interview was superb on Tuesday. Lots of enthusiasm, talked up his striking partner and admitted how great his own goal was (these days you tend to get the goalscorer saying it’s a team game only etc) 
  • edited January 2021
    Already overtaken Hemed and Parker in the goal scoring stakes.

Scored more in one match than they did in 1.5 seasons combined!!!
    Took him 55minutes of football and probably more shots on target as well. 
  • Parker would have back-heeled Chuks’ lay off to no one and Hemed would have jumped and mistimed his header.
  • Thought his movement and hunger was good today.

Stumbled when through for the one we all thought was a guarantee.

That accidental block was so unfortunate. 

• Looks even worse in slow motion. Just looses his footing and falls over. Doubt he could do that again if he tried. 

Would have been nice way to finish the game with Schwartz getting a second and putting a run together.
    Looked like his studs got caught in the turf (bit like when shearer kicked someone in the head trying to get his foot free)
  • Sponsored links:

• Miss of the season so far....
  • ct_addick said:
    Miss of the season so far....
    Nah sorry thats Bogle against Swindon
  • They look like clowns shoes.
  • Time for a start today?
  • edited February 2021
    Another disappointing performance by Schwartz. Didn’t really show anything in the opening 60mins. It would be hard for any striker with the criminal lack of service he was offered. One big moment at 0-0 which he wasn’t able to connect with.

Question is where does Schwartz fit in with team as I don’t think a partnership with him and Stockley is going to work. It appears that Stockley is going to be the main man with our attacking approach but Stockley needs a Washington type of player to work off and stretch the defence. 

Starting to think we’ve waited for Schwartz to arrive and not actually thought about how we are going to utilise him. 
  • At the moment for me, I'd rather have spent the money on a defender.

We have never been a team that's created lots of 'clear cut' chances and if that's what he needs to feed off its just not going to work. 
  • I'd get working on partnerships in training. Stockley and Washington, Aneke and Schwartz, think they are much more suited. We're going to need all 4 to chip in. 
  • Another disappointing performance by Schwartz. Didn’t really show anything in the opening 60mins. It would be hard for any striker with the criminal lack of service he was offered. One big moment at 0-0 which he wasn’t able to connect with.

Question is where does Schwartz fit in with team as I don’t think a partnership with him and Stockley is going to work. It appears that Stockley is going to be the main man with our attacking approach but Stockley needs a Washington type of player to work off and stretch the defence. 

Starting to think we’ve waited for Schwartz to arrive and not actually thought about how we are going to utilise him. 
    Agree he was anonymous tonight but I would imagine he's nowhere near fit. It's been so long since he's played regular football. We might have to wait until next season to see him at his best.