Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    I'd get working on partnerships in training. Stockley and Washington, Aneke and Schwartz, think they are much more suited. We're going to need all 4 to chip in. 
    Probably would have been Washington tonight sadly

Think with him injured it will probably be Schwartz with Aneke or Stockley 
  • I'd get working on partnerships in training. Stockley and Washington, Aneke and Schwartz, think they are much more suited. We're going to need all 4 to chip in. 
    Probably would have been Washington tonight sadly

Think with him injured it will probably be Schwartz with Aneke or Stockl
    I've got a shocking idea. How about settle on a front two and start them constantly and give it a chance to click.
    Bowyer doesn't do settled sides sadly 
  • He needs service,sadly,very much lacking at the moment. Too early to judge him when we are playing so badly.
  • We know he’s a poacher. He needs service, 3/4/5 proper chances a game, not 1/2 half chances.
  • Give him a chance, writing him off after a few games
  • Doesn't fit in our system. End of.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Which fookin’ system?
    The one that we played from minutes 11-18, didn’t fit the other 17 systems Bowyer tried to play today. 
  • jakecafc said:
    Doesn't fit in our system. End of.
    Not the diamond, but perfectly suited to the 4-4-2 we had been playing recently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our only system seems to be randomly picking names out of a hat to decide who starts each game
  • Our only system seems to be randomly picking names out of a hat to decide who starts each game
    I would assume that you are joking/exaggerating but then I remember Smyth playing right wing back. 
  • Davo55 said:
    I like Ronnie, I think he's a very good finisher and I think he'll turn out to be a good signing. But we need to help him find a way to play better within our system, or to adapt the system to suit his strengths. With Millar on the left and DJ on the right I would be tempted to go 442 with Stockley and Schwartz up front and Aneke coming off the bench to freshen up when needed.
    You would drop our top goalscorer? 
  • Not impressed. That chance he had in first half to swivel and shoot and his foot was planted. Also the Bristol game where he fell over.  Ts' pet project but looks out of his depth tbh.
  • I don’t understand how we are going to get the best out of him. Stockley suits a partnership with Washington. Dropping Stockley and playing Washington and Schwartz makes zero sense, and having Aneke as his partner would be foolish as Aneke is one of the most selfish strikers I have seen for a long time. Schwartz could be the best poacher in the division, but I would swap him for a good centre half in a moment. Just don’t think we are set up to get the best out of him this season.
  • I have seen every minute he played for us so far and am really not impressed. He might be a good finisher, although that still remains to be seen. Other than that I feel he lacks technique and strength or this league. You don't get a lot of time as a striker here, with the physicality, tight marking and defenders blocking shots. He is not used to that, it shows, and his poor first touch lets him down.
  • Not been uber impressed but as with any foreign import you have to give them a good run of games to let them adapt let alone a player that's not played for several months.

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    barely played for 6 months, moved to a new country, probably living in a hotel (without family ?!?!), has already scored 1 cracker and 1 disallowed.

He clearly knows where the goal is

christ give the poor fucker a chance!!!....not sure we'll see the best of him for a while yet
    You have to ask if it was a good signing in January then if its going to take him a while to adjust. 

In Bowyer's very own words 'you can't afford to carry people'. 
  • I’m going to give him time but I really don’t like what I’m seeing, either from Ronnie or from our collective capacity to integrate him 
  • Davo55 said:
    I like Ronnie, I think he's a very good finisher and I think he'll turn out to be a good signing. But we need to help him find a way to play better within our system, or to adapt the system to suit his strengths. With Millar on the left and DJ on the right I would be tempted to go 442 with Stockley and Schwartz up front and Aneke coming off the bench to freshen up when needed.
    You would drop our top goalscorer? 
    Not drop, use him alongside the others. Play him with Schwartz when Stockley needs resting, or coming off the bench. Chuks struggles with 90 minutes. 
  • Scoham said:
    I don’t know what anyone expected? Did you think he’d have genuine pace, dribble past player, hold up the ball or win headers? Unless they get good service a player like him won’t consistently score goals. He’s not getting the ball in and around the box for that to happen.

At least with DJ coming in Bowyer should play with one of him or Millar as a minimum and hopefully in a 4-4-2 and not at the tip of a diamond. As bad as our defending is I’d be tempted to sign another winger as this team is far more suited to 4-4-2 and we’re much more threatening with pace and width. If Millar and DJ both get injured that’ll just put the defence under more pressure.
    This I'd scrap the diamond, the players just look completely lost with it and don't seem to understand their defensive responsibilities. At least with the flat 4-4-2 we look more organised and harder to score against. 
  • Scoham said:
    I don’t know what anyone expected? Did you think he’d have genuine pace, dribble past player, hold up the ball or win headers? Unless they get good service a player like him won’t consistently score goals. He’s not getting the ball in and around the box for that to happen.

At least with DJ coming in Bowyer should play with one of him or Millar as a minimum and hopefully in a 4-4-2 and not at the tip of a diamond. As bad as our defending is I’d be tempted to sign another winger as this team is far more suited to 4-4-2 and we’re much more threatening with pace and width. If Millar and DJ both get injured that’ll just put the defence under more pressure.
    This I'd scrap the diamond, the players just look completely lost with it and don't seem to understand their defensive responsibilities. At least with the flat 4-4-2 we look more organised and harder to score against. 
    I can’t remember the last time we looked hard to score against! Whatever formation we play we will concede without Innis and Famewo.

• barely played for 6 months, moved to a new country, probably living in a hotel (without family ?!?!), has already scored 1 cracker and 1 disallowed.

He clearly knows where the goal is

christ give the poor fucker a chance!!!....not sure we'll see the best of him for a while yet
    You have to ask if it was a good signing in January then if its going to take him a while to adjust. 

In Bowyer's very own words 'you can't afford to carry people'. 
    almost by that stance then, you'd never sign anyone ?!?!
  • It's clear already that unlike say Washington he doesn't naturally run the channels.  However if I think of say Clive Mendonca who was similar in style, we used to get the ball into his feet in the area where he could turn and shoot or just generally cause havoc.  Instead Schwartz is completely isolated by our primitive football.  
  • Shwartz needs the ball to his feet, that hasn't happened much, he's not quite got his footing right for a couple of chances in the box but he must be way off from sharp, but I think if you put the ball to his feet within the 18 yard box I'd put money on him hitting the back of the net.

Within the first 15 minutes of yday's game, Shwartz made a run between the CBs that would've had him through on goal if Morgan had played him in but he either didn't see it or didn't go for it, those are the opportunities he needs feeding, not balls taking deflections to him in a slippy, waterlogged pitch