Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• He’s not a dud . He’s just in a team that creates very little and hasn’t for a very long time.  
    Yet scores plenty of goals.
    Yet let in lots.
  • The whole team, with the exception of Amos, is a dud right now, no fun to watch at all.
  • Starting to become a very odd situation with Schwartz, i personally think he’s a bit of a dud. I think he touched the ball about 5 times all game. It’s like playing with 10 men at times, he’s not quick, not strong, can’t head it, can’t hold it up. Fine his finishing is meant to be good but even then he’s not set the world alight.
    I have some sympathy with him, as we don’t create many chances and Bowyer plays him for 10 minutes one game, 50 the next, then back to 20 minutes. All with a different strike partner! However If Bogle had played like Schwartz the last month or so, he would get slaughtered. 

Schwartz touched the ball 5 times, so did Washington. Washington seemed to give a foul away every time the ball was near him today.

it was difficult for both of them. We could have had messi and Ronaldo and they would have had 10 touches too. We spent 60 minutes defending today and spent the other 30 hoofing it to stockley.

• limeygent said:
    The whole team, with the exception of Amos, is a dud right now, no fun to watch at all.
    To be fair even Amos has been regarded as a dud this last week after being questioned for his inability to stop worldies
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I gave Bogle plenty, so this fella shouldn't be immune.
    Looks like a mistake. Fair enough he hasn't had many chances, but he's been completely anonymous.

But if Bowyer won't play to his strengths then it's difficult to judge.
    He didn't play Bogle to his strengths either but that didn't stop people. 

Bogle and Stockley would be better, playing the way we do, than Schwartz and anyone. 
    What are Bogle’s strengths?
  • Always felt like the token danish signing to satisfy the owner and I get that. Would never write a player off after so few games but he looks a lost soul out there. 
  • Michael Owen would look a dud upfront for us today 
  • Every time I watched Schwartz play I cannot understand why we prioritised signing him. I actually rate his movement and work-rate and feel sorry for him. Playing him alongside Stockley is a huge mistake and we will never get the best out of him. 

Makes zero sense why we signed him before the window without a strategy to how we are going to get the best out of him. I have zero sympathy for Bowyer and the wage cap when we signed Schwartz and don't even attempt to try and play to his strengths. 

Starting to be one of the weirdest signings we have made in a while, and that include the Roland era.

• We have at last a natural goalscorer ... yet we don’t play to his strengths... it was difficult today given the conditions but we have to start him in all
    games and start creating chances 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Looks like a mistake. Fair enough he hasn't had many chances, but he's been completely anonymous.

Bogle and Stockley would be better, playing the way we do, than Schwartz and anyone. 
    240 litre capacity, available in five colours and can be fitted with a lid lock to keep the contents secure.

• Sponsored links:

• For all those taking the piss out of Bogle let’s just remember he scored one more than the whole of our team today 
  • edited February 2021
    For all those taking the piss out of Bogle let’s just remember he scored one more than the whole of our team today 
    He scored twice today?
  • Could argue that Stockley isnt our player...
  • For all those taking the piss out of Bogle let’s just remember he scored one more than the whole of our team today 
    Bogle got to take his penalty .... at last! :smile:

Not taking the piss, genuinely interested to know what others feel his strengths are and how we could have played to them. He’s not great on the ball, nothing special in the air, while we’ve had slower strikers he’s not particularly quick. Wouldn’t say his work rate stood out. Seemed to struggle to get in to good positions. Not a clinical finisher. What type of striker is he?
  • Scoham said:
    For all those taking the piss out of Bogle let’s just remember he scored one more than the whole of our team today 
    Not taking the piss, genuinely interested to know what others feel his strengths are and how we could have played to them. He’s not great on the ball, nothing special in the air, while we’ve had slower strikers he’s not particularly quick. Wouldn’t say his work rate stood out. Seemed to struggle to get in to good positions. Not a clinical finisher. What type of striker is he?
    Poor.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Playing facing the opposition goal for a start, despite his physical appearance he isn't a back to goal, hold up the ball lay, it off type striker.

How comes Bogle is the only player that didn't need to "get minutes"?  He was chucked straight in, publicly humiliated, then chucked straight in again the following game. 3 times.

It's almost like Bowyer never wanted him and didn't give him a chance to succeed.  Which begs the question who did want him?

You could apply some of those things to some of our other signings this season. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Playing facing the opposition goal for a start, despite his physical appearance he isn't a back to goal, hold up the ball lay, it off type striker.

How comes Bogle is the only player that didn't need to "get minutes"?  He was chucked straight in, publicly humiliated, then chucked straight in again the following game. 3 times.

It's almost like Bowyer never wanted him and didn't give him a chance to succeed.  Which begs the question who did want him?

Didn't give him a chance despite constantly using him? Erm okay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Have you ever seen a player consistently subbed before the 2nd half starts and then start the next game?

The only one that I can think of that is even close is Joe Cole under Jose in his first spell at Chelsea.

A player that knows the first mistake he makes or 60 minutes, which ever comes first, he is off isn't going to play with any confidence is he? 

He hadn't played for as long as Maddison or Schwartz but there was never any mention of "getting minutes in him".

He is never going to be a world beater but he never did get a fair chance here. 
  • I do think we flogged him too early, but I don't think he's good enough still.
  • I thought we signed DJ to provide some service along with Millar?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Agree he's not a back to goal striker, but he's the closest we had to it. We had to find someone within the wage cap late on in the window who could offer something in that role.

Chuks wasn't fit enough to regularly play and Washington was our only other striker (Smyth much more of a winger).

We know we'd have gone for Clarke-Harris if we had been able to, while we brought in Stockley as soon as we could.

I think it's more likely our options were limited than Sandgaard/Roddy/whoever was particularly keen to bring Bogle in and went against them.
  • Scoham said:
    The type that doesn't stay long at any club.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Have you ever seen a player consistently subbed before the 2nd half starts and then start the next game?

The only one that I can think of that is even close is Joe Cole under Jose in his first spell at Chelsea.

A player that knows the first mistake he makes or 60 minutes, which ever comes first, he is off isn't going to play with any confidence is he? 

He hadn't played for as long as Maddison or Schwartz but there was never any mention of "getting minutes in him".

He is never going to be a world beater but he never did get a fair chance here. 
    Why do you think he was consistently subbed
  • I know why he was subbed.  Its starting the next game, then repeating it, 3 times, that I have an issue with. 

The guy hadn't played for six months when we signed him.  Yet Maddison and Schwartz got the "need to get minutes into them" treatment.

After 3 or so games he was basically told, publicly, "I think your shit and your only playing until I think it's safe to bring Chuks on". 

Regardless of what you think of him as a player do you think that was good management?

• Danish top division football is Championship standard at best.  His record is not fantastic.
    I'm guessing that he is a cheaper option than players over here.
    He needs to be given time, he has had two spells with clubs that he has been prolific so hopefully he can replicate that with us.