Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

E-Scooters

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Just an e-scooter casually going through the blackwall tunnel and out onto a 50mph road 🤣

Good to see. Hopefully be on the motorway soon.

The laws and enforcement are working well.

• Options
    You must be on good wages to pay £15 and spend half your day in traffic. Randy 
    These scooters would be great for getting through the insulate road blocks  
  • Options

A ban on carrying e-scooters on London's transport network should be enforced after a battery caught fire on the Tube, a union has said.

Passengers had to abandon a service at Parsons Green station in west London on Monday after a scooter caught fire then continued to burn on the platform.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59148069

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Cyclist regularly suddenly come up behind me on the pavement, (I say suddenly because for me I don’t hear them) and they expect me to get out of their way, the same goes for the electronic scooters.
    I accept (but don’t really like) that such vehicles are on the pavement, but they should not have priority over pedestrians.
    If you scooter or cycle and you come up behind people ‘blocking’ your pavement, get off and walk.
    It's worse if you're walking on the towpath near a river when they assume right of way and can get quite aggressive. 
    I regularly cycle along the tow path from Charlton to Erith and there are clearly marked cycle lanes  and pedestrian lanes so if some Herbert strays in to the cycle path then yes I expect them to move especially as 99 percent of said Herberts are tapping away on their phones and not paying attention 
  • Options
    clive said:

A ban on carrying e-scooters on London's transport network should be enforced after a battery caught fire on the Tube, a union has said.

Passengers had to abandon a service at Parsons Green station in west London on Monday after a scooter caught fire then continued to burn on the platform.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59148069

I feel like that could have happened to any battery enabled device
  • Options
    Nearly took one out yesterday, checked for pedestrians and opened my car door and a scooter whizzed by. They are fast.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Nearly took one out yesterday, checked for pedestrians and opened my car door and a scooter whizzed by. They are fast.
    Drivers need to be more safety aware.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Drivers need to be more safety aware.
    These scooter riders are a menace, especially in the dark. Many have no lights, no safety equipment and no idea of riding or driving on the roads.
    The Government and the police aren't bothered...