Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coincidences

Comments

• Options
    A few years back we were moving, my mum found out my stepdad's real name (he was adopted), at the time he thought she was joking, but found the birth certificate in the loft. 

The reason this is relevant and a bit odd, his real name is actually James Bond, firstly random as he never knew this. He is in his 60's so not sure if that would predate the films etc. i have only ever watched one. 

So we moved literally a few years ago to Sutton Valance (from Sevenoaks), bear with me. It turned out of months of renting a place we found out by chance the knickname of the house was the 007 house as Daniel Craig used to live there. 

There were lots of series of events around that time which everything kept bringing up James Bond, all really random but forget some of them as little things. 

Sorry a bit of a dull story, but crazy how things can line up in life. 
    A fella I've known since infants school works as a James Bond lookalike, his parents phone number back when we were kids ended in 007.
  • Options
    My missus was sat on a beach in Portugal last week when a woman asked her a question and in no time she was in convo with her, her husband and another couple. My wife was originally from Bexley. After five minutes of chat, it turns out one bloke lived in Bexley village, one woman on Joydens wood where the wife lived and one woman on her actual street. Then to top it off, it turns out the last bloke went to the same school and was in my wifes class!
  • Options
    A few years back we were moving, my mum found out my stepdad's real name (he was adopted), at the time he thought she was joking, but found the birth certificate in the loft. 

The reason this is relevant and a bit odd, his real name is actually James Bond, firstly random as he never knew this. He is in his 60's so not sure if that would predate the films etc. i have only ever watched one. 

So we moved literally a few years ago to Sutton Valance (from Sevenoaks), bear with me. It turned out of months of renting a place we found out by chance the knickname of the house was the 007 house as Daniel Craig used to live there. 

There were lots of series of events around that time which everything kept bringing up James Bond, all really random but forget some of them as little things. 

Sorry a bit of a dull story, but crazy how things can line up in life. 
    A fella I've known since infants school works as a James Bond lookalike, his parents phone number back when we were kids ended in 007.
    Does he look like all seven of them?
    LOL, no, only Daniel Craig. I did tell him he'd be stuffed if Idris Elba gets it next.
  • Options
    Friend of mine, his sister moved to Australia - her husband was a mining engineer, and they moved to a small town in the middle of Australia - a very isolated place, almost a ‘company town’ - he was earning big wages, so they decided it was worth it for 5 years or so - they had 2 small children - first day of school, she takes them to school, walks into playground - got speaking to one of the other mums there, who was also English - turns out they went to same primary school in Medway and had sat next to each other for their first year at primary school !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Just got home after this experience. Been to a wedding here in Auckland and wifey and I decided to catch an Uber to get home.
    Uber tells me it’s a silver coloured Toyota Prius.
    I saw the Uber and happily opened the door only to realise that it already had passengers. I looked at the number plate and realised that I was out by one digit.
    Not only same sequence apart from one digit, also:
    Same brand.
    Same model.
    Same colour.
    Same spot in NZ at the same time (within 2 mins).

• Options
    Uber driver's ringed the motor and mucked the reg up, wronguns
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

fucking hell i hope so she's way out of my league !

• Options
    I HAVE to resurrect this thread for this story that has literally just happened to me... two years ago, I had been chatting up this girl online (met on a dating app) we chatted for a month or so, we never actually met but texted every day for a while, until it tailed off (as online dating tends to do)

cut to today. Me and the boys from work (all non-Charlton fans except me) went to a few games last year as a work outing and had a great time, so had decided to make today our first game of the season to come down to the Valley...

This morning about ten ish, I get a random text from an unknown number and guess what, it's her. We chat a bit and catch up... it's totally out of the blue and for whatever reason we had never actually met up or anything originally, but the chemistry was still there - I showed my buddies the texts and her picture - all good right ;) It gets to the point where we are about to leave and I mention that I have to go because I'm about to hop on an underground train so my signal ain't gonna make it... (didn't say more than that at all)

I don't think much more of it, lovely to hear from her and turns out we are both single so i'm expecting maybe now is a better time, and maybe we can connect... but i'm excited to get to the game so it goes out of my mind.

So on the way back after the game, we pop back into the weatherspoons in Stratford for a couple of jars to celebrate the win and a good day out. 

We have a few beers, few laughs, usual stuff, and at some point this cute blonde catches my eye - i point her out to one of my mates, she seems familiar but I can't quite place it... 5 mintes later then she comes over.

Yeah it was her.

She lives in Rochester (i'm in deepest Essex) She had the day out planned in advance same as we had, she had met up with a friend who lived nearby and decided to go for a drink - she chose today of all days in the last 2 years to message me. And there she fucking is standing in front of me. 

It has absolutely blown my mind just the sequence of events that had to happen (and yes I know coincidences dn't work like that but still) Fuck.

Did you give her one 👍
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Gribbo said:
    I HAVE to resurrect this thread for this story that has literally just happened to me... two years ago, I had been chatting up this girl online (met on a dating app) we chatted for a month or so, we never actually met but texted every day for a while, until it tailed off (as online dating tends to do)

cut to today. Me and the boys from work (all non-Charlton fans except me) went to a few games last year as a work outing and had a great time, so had decided to make today our first game of the season to come down to the Valley...

This morning about ten ish, I get a random text from an unknown number and guess what, it's her. We chat a bit and catch up... it's totally out of the blue and for whatever reason we had never actually met up or anything originally, but the chemistry was still there - I showed my buddies the texts and her picture - all good right ;) It gets to the point where we are about to leave and I mention that I have to go because I'm about to hop on an underground train so my signal ain't gonna make it... (didn't say more than that at all)

I don't think much more of it, lovely to hear from her and turns out we are both single so i'm expecting maybe now is a better time, and maybe we can connect... but i'm excited to get to the game so it goes out of my mind.

So on the way back after the game, we pop back into the weatherspoons in Stratford for a couple of jars to celebrate the win and a good day out. 

We have a few beers, few laughs, usual stuff, and at some point this cute blonde catches my eye - i point her out to one of my mates, she seems familiar but I can't quite place it... 5 mintes later then she comes over.

Yeah it was her.

She lives in Rochester (i'm in deepest Essex) She had the day out planned in advance same as we had, she had met up with a friend who lived nearby and decided to go for a drink - she chose today of all days in the last 2 years to message me. And there she fucking is standing in front of me. 

It has absolutely blown my mind just the sequence of events that had to happen (and yes I know coincidences dn't work like that but still) Fuck.

Did you give her one 👍

honestly... ffs you are worse than my mates lol

of course i did ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah it was her.

Hopefully she’ll blow more than your mind.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    bet she doesn't sleep in the same room though.... lmao

but thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Proper made me LOL 
  • Options
    Actually I think I’ve got the wrong poster? Have I? Apologies I have! 

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Yeah it was her.

Did you give her one 👍

honestly... ffs you are worse than my mates lol

of course i did ;)
    What's her CL user name?