Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Bet not many thought at the time we released him that we wouldn't be able to afford to buy him back!
  • Options
    Send Famewo back (real shame) get a CB in, send Levitt back get pacey wide man in, job done.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Bogle = Russ Abbott
    Sorry Russ

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Jokes aside, if we are serious and can afford it, I would take Ben Whiteman, Joe Pigott, Ronan Curtis, Lewis Montsma & Scott Fraser. Just a few names in this league that would improve us 
    Doubt there's much chance of signing any of those unless we get promoted.

For those of us that listened to CAST's interview with Thomas Sandgaard know that we will go in for a goal scoring striker and now with Famewo appearing to having a long term injury, a CB. 
    We are in December and Levitt must surely go back for his sake and get playing for someone and Cafc get another loan player in.

If we get promotion then Thomas will be prepared to up the ante.

• Options
    Surely Piggott wouldn't want more than Schwartz?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought he played very well yesterday, and in my opinion will do better than Bogle, but we cant seriously think of  buying him, as all our new signings will surely be with an eye on the Championship next year,  and hes not that good.
  • Options
    Why would Wimbledon want to sell him.  Unless they are in dire financial condition, they aren’t going to sell their best striker.  Could we pay well above market value to convince them - yes but you are only going to do that if you think he will be a high level player in the Championship.  Pigott has been fantastic for the last 15 fixtures but before that has been proven as decent but not high level striker.  Are we going to take the risk of paying a 7 figure sum on a striker in their late 20s who has had a good short run of form? Seems awfully risky for me
  • Options
    Why would Wimbledon want to sell him.  Unless they are in dire financial condition, they aren’t going to sell their best striker.  Could we pay well above market value to convince them - yes but you are only going to do that if you think he will be a high level player in the Championship.  Pigott has been fantastic for the last 15 fixtures but before that has been proven as decent but not high level striker.  Are we going to take the risk of paying a 7 figure sum on a striker in their late 20s who has had a good short run of form? Seems awfully risky for me
    7 figures?!  You're kidding me right?...
  • Options
    Jokes aside, if we are serious and can afford it, I would take Ben Whiteman, Joe Pigott, Ronan Curtis, Lewis Montsma & Scott Fraser. Just a few names in this league that would improve us 
    Id second whiteman, fraser and potentially pigott
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    supaclive said:
    7 figures?!  You're kidding me right?...
    It could be high 6 figures but I think Bostonaddicks point still stands.
    In January you'll always have to pay over the odds if you want to sign a player from a club that doesn't really have to sell.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Supaclive.  I don’t think he is worth 7 figures by any means but do you think Wimbledon is going to sell their best player in the typically inflated January transfer market for 400k? Would it surprise me that their asking price is 1 million, not really?
  • Options

The problem with Levitt is his wages don’t count towards the gap anyway do they? So if we do manage to flog Bogle we’re going to need to move someone else out as well.
    No but I’d prefer to replace Levitt with another U21. Flog Bogle and then it’s 3 in, 2 out

I don't think he was inundated with offers when he was a free agent. No one will pay money for him and he's under contract. Also he's part of Bowyer's master plan, softening up the opposition for Chuks to take advantage and it has worked on a few occasions.
  • Options
    To free up some wages I’d get rid of Bogle and Oshilaja and replace them in the squad with Davison and Barker, who don’t count towards the cap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To free up some wages I’d get rid of Bogle and Oshilaja and replace them in the squad with Davison and Barker, who don’t count towards the cap
    Controversial, yet creative... I like it!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Pigott looked fantastic, did remind me of a Lower League Kane with his style of play and hold up play/tenacity.

Surprised people have given up on Bogle already though
    Given up ? I said as soon as we signed him he wasn't good enough, I don't think there's anyway he would be at the club had TS came in a month earlier.
  • Options
    Would Davison be a better bet than Bogle at the moment?
  • Options
    On his day I think Davison could be as problematic for Centre Backs as Aneke is
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Ultimatum said:
    Scoham said:
    Ultimatum said:
    In his pre match interview didn’t TS elude to the fact that maybe one or two are virtually in the bag, at least that was my interpretation.
    Huge smile on his face when he hinted one/two could be done already. 
    Is it possible to watch it back? I missed it.
    I’ve no idea. I’ll have a look on the app 

Edit

His interview isn’t on the app. 
    Not necessarily the video you wanted

• Options
    Think so:
    - Davison deserves a chance at this level and is similar to Bogle in terms of physicality and work rate, but with more attacking confidence at the moment
    - Has more resale value and is a longer term option
    - Would free up wages to sign a better attacking player, so he’d likely only be backup anyway
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Wasn't it Nathan Jones who thought Pigott was the best finisher at the club when he was still a youth team player? I seem to remember him getting a lot of stick for saying that but his comments are wearing a lot better than some of the abuse Pigott received after one poor game against Millwall.
  • Options
    Are we really saying that Josh Davison is the answer to our scoring needs? We are trying to be promoted from League one not the isthmian league.  I love our youth as much as the next and think there are a few that can operate in league one in the distant future. However our affinity to homegrown players is clouding our objectivity.  There is no way that Davison, Vennings, Barker, Lapslie etc should be in the squad given our current goals.  It easy to see Bogle doesn’t score but the answer is outside the club whether it be Schwartz or a loanee. Davison scoring one in three in the National league doesn’t inspire me that he will be an upgrade to Bogle this season.  The times Davison suited up last year he was clearly way out of his league and nothing I saw made me think that he could currently operate in league one.  Plus we would have to find someone to take Bogle’s salary on which would not be easy. The best thing for our younger players is to continue to loan them out so they can develop.