Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Why would Wimbledon want to sell him.  Unless they are in dire financial condition, they aren’t going to sell their best striker.  Could we pay well above market value to convince them - yes but you are only going to do that if you think he will be a high level player in the Championship.  Pigott has been fantastic for the last 15 fixtures but before that has been proven as decent but not high level striker.  Are we going to take the risk of paying a 7 figure sum on a striker in their late 20s who has had a good short run of form? Seems awfully risky for me
    7 figures?!  You're kidding me right?...
    It's not just the 7 figures - I would describe someone who reached the age of 27 some three weeks ago as in their footballing prime!
  • Options
    Why would Wimbledon want to sell him.  Unless they are in dire financial condition, they aren’t going to sell their best striker.  Could we pay well above market value to convince them - yes but you are only going to do that if you think he will be a high level player in the Championship.  Pigott has been fantastic for the last 15 fixtures but before that has been proven as decent but not high level striker.  Are we going to take the risk of paying a 7 figure sum on a striker in their late 20s who has had a good short run of form? Seems awfully risky for me
    Fan owned club, building a new stadium. They would sell!
  • Options
    Would Davison be a better bet than Bogle at the moment?
    I think so!
  • Options
    Jim Davidson would be a better bet than Bogle at the moment. 
    He'd nick nick more goals...
  • Options
    Deji is a useful player, if you play him at CB he’s a good player at this level. If we were to get rid of someone i’d say JFC
    arguably our best player yesterday JFC? 
  • Options
    Probably better for Davison to be out playing regularly but if he was here I'd definitely try him out instead of bogle, thought he was very good for his age/experience in the champ all things considered 
  • Options
    John at Number 72, sixty-four year old recently retired school caretaker would be a better bet than Bogle. 
    How tall is he?
  • Options
    Are we really saying that Josh Davison is the answer to our scoring needs? We are trying to be promoted from League one not the isthmian league.  I love our youth as much as the next and think there are a few that can operate in league one in the distant future. However our affinity to homegrown players is clouding our objectivity.  There is no way that Davison, Vennings, Barker, Lapslie etc should be in the squad given our current goals.  It easy to see Bogle doesn’t score but the answer is outside the club whether it be Schwartz or a loanee. Davison scoring one in three in the National league doesn’t inspire me that he will be an upgrade to Bogle this season.  The times Davison suited up last year he was clearly way out of his league and nothing I saw made me think that he could currently operate in league one.  Plus we would have to find someone to take Bogle’s salary on which would not be easy. The best thing for our younger players is to continue to loan them out so they can develop.
    No but he might contribute more than Bogle and Smyth in the many moments when Chuks isn’t fit to be on the pitch 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we can all safely assume Swartz is a fine deal so I would guess he would be starting most weeks next year
  • Options
    Edit

Done deal
  • Options
    Send Famewo back (real shame) get a CB in, send Levitt back get pacey wide man in, job done.
    Norwich do have a striker out on loan at the moment and talk in my neck of the woods has said he  could be on the way back.Sebastian Soto has just this season won his first international cap USA
  • Options
    They moved into it weeks ago
  • Options
    It's not finished though, hence no fans being allowed in yet

And there are further plans for expansion too in the future
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Not finished, can’t have crowds (regardless of tier) as haven’t got a safety certificate,  and still need to pay for it.

they have a temporary stand that will need to become permanent at some stage
  • Options
    Anyone wanting rid of JFC is mad and obviously didn't watch yesterday's game.  He's clearly very skilful, as is the bloke with the awful tats and the mis-matched boots.  Maybe Sir Lee has said to Maddison "You've got to wear one yellow boot and one black boot so if you don't play well you'll look a complete tosser".  If so, it worked yesterday.
    Surely playing well doesn't effect how he looks to us supporters?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Can't believe some people want Pigott back, TS said he expects promotion and will look to bring in players in January who will be able to step up a division if we look like we are on course for promotion, Pigott is not that player,

I'm pleased he has found his level and is doing well as I honestly didn't see him playing higher than League 2.
    I'd try & swap Pigott for Bogle, plus cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He can move, so it's a yes from me.
  • Options
    Can't believe some people want Pigott back, TS said he expects promotion and will look to bring in players in January who will be able to step up a division if we look like we are on course for promotion, Pigott is not that player,

I'm pleased he has found his level and is doing well as I honestly didn't see him playing higher than League 2.
    Not a bad shout actually. Obviously there interest in that isn’t guaranteed. I’m presuming with a new ground and Covid they’re unlikely to be flush? 
  • Options
    How anyone thinks we could get Pigott for less than a million is beyond me. He is a proven and improving striker/goalscorer at this level. I would love to have him at Charlton and would even be happy to get him in the summer if we get promoted. He was fantastic against us yesterday in an otherwise god awful Wimbledon team. He really reminded me of Charlie Austin just as he was on the verge of becoming a fantastic player.

• Options
    I was very impressed with Joe Piggott yesterday led the line brilliantly for Wimbledon and I'm happy for how he has stuck at the game, played lots, scored lots and is now being looked at by a few clubs 

Paddy Madden at Fleetwood is a good forward and I've been really impressed with Johnson at Leyton Orient. Jorge Grant at Lincoln has been having a terrific season 

• Options

Inflated Jan window, Piggot worth £1M (for arguments sake); so we give them Bogle plus £1.5M and Piggy is our man?
  • Options
    We saw with Karlan that a loan can turn a players career around, as much as Davison is the cheap option to bring back and put in the side it could also kill his confidence, like Pigott, and he might never get i back. While he’s settled and performing well it’s best to leave him where he is.
  • Options
    We won’t be spending money on a marquee signing unfortunately. It will be free transfers and loans. Ronnie Schwartz will take up almost all of the transfer money available. 

Any deals for Pigott or *insert good League One player name here* will only exist in Football Manager and FIFA. I’d temper expectations to avoid disappointment.
    Transfer fees aren't the problem, it's the salary cap

We're in better financial shape now than virtually every other L1 club, but can't pay the wages that big signings would expect
  • Options
    We won’t be spending money on a marquee signing unfortunately. It will be free transfers and loans. Ronnie Schwartz will take up almost all of the transfer money available. 

Any deals for Pigott or *insert good League One player name here* will only exist in Football Manager and FIFA. I’d temper expectations to avoid disappointment.
    Transfer fees aren't the problem, it's the salary cap

We're in better financial shape now than virtually every other L1 club, but can't pay the wages that big signings would expect
    I’m referring to the salary cap, not transfer fees. Hence Ronnie Schwartz taking up the rest of whatever little salary money we have left. 

If we can get players off the wage bill then we may be able to sign another senior player, but there won’t be any £1m+ transfer fee’s involved. 
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    thought he played very well yesterday, and in my opinion will do better than Bogle, but we cant seriously think of  buying him, as all our new signings will surely be with an eye on the Championship next year,  and hes not that good.
    TS was clear he simplifies things and his aim is to get out of this league and then sort things out for the Championship.
    For me that means buying what he needs now to get promotion. I think that if the Pig is the answer he would buy him.
    When you think of back up players in a squad and sell on fees if not wanted, it is not a great risk.
    I am a bit biased as I liked him.