Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Jokes aside, if we are serious and can afford it, I would take Ben Whiteman, Joe Pigott, Ronan Curtis, Lewis Montsma & Scott Fraser. Just a few names in this league that would improve us 
    Doubt there's much chance of signing any of those unless we get promoted.
  • When does Anekes contract expire, is it this summer?
  • We’re going to need a centre back
    Yeah, he only signed a two year deal
  • I’d definitely try get rid of Bogle. We need two attacking players but I don’t want to lose Deji. Levitt and Bogle out for two in would be good business. Maybe a third U21 on loan too. 
  • If it wasn't for the salary cap, I'm sure we'd be signing Pigott for a decent fee and big salary rise in January, as she showed his quality as an all round striker this afternoon
  • The problem with Levitt is his wages don’t count towards the gap anyway do they? So if we do manage to flog Bogle we’re going to need to move someone else out as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• The problem with Levitt is his wages don’t count towards the gap anyway do they? So if we do manage to flog Bogle we’re going to need to move someone else out as well.
    No but I’d prefer to replace Levitt with another U21. Flog Bogle and then it’s 3 in, 2 out
  • Who on earth would be buying Bogle though, would take all parties involved to agree to the move just dont see it happening unless someone can offer him more elsewhere, would be a serious prang of conscious for him to feel like he's taking up valuable wages at Charlton
  • Flog Bogle ? Do you think he’s currently a saleable asset ? 
    No, I’d probably loan him out
  • IShootersHillGuru said:
    Flog Bogle ? Do you think he’s currently a saleable asset ? 
    No but surely we could get him out on loan and get some of his wages covered. 
  • No point in selling Bogle.

He's got ability, just needs time. If we can get him cloning Aneke style he'll be good enough. Currently he Seems a bit lost.
  • Bogle = Pawell Abbott
  • Valley11 said:
    Bogle = Pawell Abbott
    Only not as good....
    Yeah, he only signed a two year deal
    Next decent player to leave for nowt then.
  • Sponsored links:

• In his pre match interview didn’t TS elude to the fact that maybe one or two are virtually in the bag, at least that was my interpretation.
  • Ultimatum said:
    In his pre match interview didn’t TS elude to the fact that maybe one or two are virtually in the bag, at least that was my interpretation.
    Huge smile on his face when he hinted one/two could be done already. 
    Is it possible to watch it back? I missed it.
  • Quoted the wrong post sorry
  • edited December 2020
    Scoham said:
    Ultimatum said:
    In his pre match interview didn’t TS elude to the fact that maybe one or two are virtually in the bag, at least that was my interpretation.
    Huge smile on his face when he hinted one/two could be done already. 
    Is it possible to watch it back? I missed it.
    I’ve no idea. I’ll have a look on the app 

Edit

His interview isn’t on the app. 
  • Can't believe some people want Pigott back, TS said he expects promotion and will look to bring in players in January who will be able to step up a division if we look like we are on course for promotion, Pigott is not that player,

I'm pleased he has found his level and is doing well as I honestly didn't see him playing higher than League 2.
  • edited December 2020
    Second top scorer in the league and was a handful today while also scoring a superb goal. He’d be an upgrade on Bogle there’s no doubt about that. I wouldn’t think he’d cost much in fees or wages either.

Agree. It’s hard enough finding a striker who’ll score in L1 let alone make the step up. Gotta just get a striker good enough to get us up first. JP seems good enough imo.