Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• JFC wasn’t the first player that spring to mind in terms of outgoing players for me, I would have put Deji before him, I’m not sure he’s what we need to get out of this division, apologies for labouring a point, but it seems like we signed him ‘on a recommendation from Lyle, that’s not worked out.
    I don't really rate Deji as a CH but he's useful backup. I think it would cost a lot more to replace him as 4th choice centre back than it would just to keep him there
  • Regarding this shitty (for us anyway) salary cap - would a player sponsorship deal with for example an outside organisation or maybe the supporters (via CAST?) be a route around it? Rules for player's earnings seem a little vague when I read it.
    Perhaps a dead end but I have to get it off my chest. Await to be rubbished but......

Late thought, I wonder if Thomas has asked Freshfields to look into the whole subject?

• cafc4life said:
    Deji is shit. I’ll drive him anywhere he wants to move to
    Nice 
  • When we are looking for a striker i check around the internet, on here and elsewhere... When I see the legend "he does not score much", I know we are going to sign him and he will be injured putting his left sock on within 6 weeks!
  • edited December 2020
     Danny Addick said:
    cafc4life said:
    Nice 
    Would also love the reality of that situation,  telling a presumably fit and stronger person that in your view they are shit.
    Not you Danny Addick, I was agreeing with you!
  • edited December 2020
    JFC wasn’t the first player that spring to mind in terms of outgoing players for me, I would have put Deji before him, I’m not sure he’s what we need to get out of this division, apologies for labouring a point, but it seems like we signed him ‘on a recommendation from Lyle, that’s not worked out.
    I don't really rate Deji as a CH but he's useful backup. I think it would cost a lot more to replace him as 4th choice centre back than it would just to keep him there
    I liked the idea of Deji as a RB / CB utility cover. When we resigned Matthews then he became surplus if we could get alternative CB cover. 
  • The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.
    Smyth is not a striker for me. More of a wide player who will chip in with a couple of goals.

Steve Gallen was working on bringing in a striker since the window shut. 

As Swartz hardly plays now he will be moving on somewhere. Thomas would love to get this deal done as it was his shout in the first place. 
    I'm extremely confident the Schwartz deal is agreed.
    Mind you if he's not played for 6 months, how fit will he be? 
    Ronnie Scwartz IF we can get him could be this season's Yann kermogant. Match fitness only comes with games but at least he did a pre season and has played a few cup games so let's hope his freshness helps.

I just feels that Thomas Sandgaard could be creative in how RS is paid without breaking the wage cap ?
    Mentioned it in a separate thread but what about we pay a pro-rata salary until the summer which should help with the wage cap, then full salary rate if we go up. 

Would need the player to agree but would provide some leeway 
  • stonemuse said:
    The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.
    Smyth is not a striker for me. More of a wide player who will chip in with a couple of goals.

As Swartz hardly plays now he will be moving on somewhere. Thomas would love to get this deal done as it was his shout in the first place. 
    Ronnie Scwartz IF we can get him could be this season's Yann kermogant. Match fitness only comes with games but at least he did a pre season and has played a few cup games so let's hope his freshness helps.

I just feels that Thomas Sandgaard could be creative in how RS is paid without breaking the wage cap ?
    Mentioned it in a separate thread but what about we pay a pro-rata salary until the summer which should help with the wage cap, then full salary rate if we go up. 

And what if we don’t go up?
  • stonemuse said:
    The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.

Very low release clause? 
  • The EFL will want to make an example of someone over the wage cap. If we get 'creative' with Schwartz's contract it's bound to be us 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Very low release clause? 
    I'm not sure how it works out with the selling club but Peterborough are alleged to have bought a player for £xxx, selling club keep £xx & give player leaving a pay off of the remaining £x to cover low wages because of the cap.

Also don't forget we could sign a player for the remainder of the season which is 4/5 months not a whole year so that could help out with the cap. Obviously what happens at the end of the season is between player & club should we want to keep them.
  • Montsma at Lincoln is a very decent shout. He’s been great for them this year since signing.

But I make @scoham right that any defensive signings are unlikely. One out one in likely to be the policy I reckon.
    Not sure Monstma would fit in here, he's done some modelling which is bound to be a problem for some of our fans.

• Scoham said:
    Montsma at Lincoln is a very decent shout. He’s been great for them this year since signing.

But I make @scoham right that any defensive signings are unlikely. One out one in likely to be the policy I reckon.
    Not sure Monstma would fit in here, he's done some modelling which is bound to be a problem for some of our fans.

How's he a model ffs he looks like Spock 😀obviously I'm a stunner so am allowed to say this however I will wait to see what the charlton ladies think of him as I may be being harsh.
  • cblock said: it
     Danny Addick said:
    cafc4life said:
    Nice 
    Would also love the reality of that situation,  telling a presumably fit and stronger person that in your view they are shit.
    Not you Danny Addick, I was agreeing with you!
    Err what?
  • wmcf123 said:
    We need a reliable striker that can play three games a week and either get a number of goals or contribute significantly to the team.  Let's be honest, Bogle and Smyth have contributed very little.  Personally, I would recall Davison as well.
    I asked the question a couple of weeks ago and was told that we won’t be recalling Davison as we want to buy a striker. 

I asked if it was Schwartz and what I got back was “look out for January 1st”. 
    I’m not doubting you but wasn’t Schwartz a done deal is September but the never materialised. What has changed?
    I asked the same question at the time and apparently he thought he could remain in Denmark and work his way back into the team. That hasn’t happened so he’s now happy to make the move (apparently). 

It was essentially done last time before he got cold feet and said no at the last minute, much to everyone’s disappointment. I’d be shocked if he’s not here at the start of January. 

They’re overhauling the entire club, from scouting to the academy. The most exciting titbit I can share is “if you like what you’ve seen so far then wait for next  season, it will blow your mind”. Whatever that means, I don’t know - but it sounds good! 
    The would 'ya thread is getting a revamp as half time entertainment

• I think this has turned INTO the would ya thread tbh
  • Left wing back Haynes from Newport
  • Left wing back Haynes from Newport
    Would think a left back is a long way down the list of priorities unless Chelsea screw us over (again) and call back Maatsen
  • edited December 2020
    If Levitt goes back we should try to loan Bernabe from Man City U23s.

He's reminds me of a young David Silva. Highly technical attacking midfielder, ball sticks to him, top in the league for assists, gets forward and scores as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know he has scored against us today but I would love Piggot back, he has been so good this season, come on TS bring back #feedthepig back to The Valley in January
  • Bring back the pig... 
  • A whole new squad. 
  • Need a striker, a pacy winger, another ball-playing CM and a CB. 
  • Sorba Thomas just scored
  • Jokes aside, if we are serious and can afford it, I would take Ben Whiteman, Joe Pigott, Ronan Curtis, Lewis Montsma & Scott Fraser. Just a few names in this league that would improve us 
    All great options if there wasnt a Salary Cap

Would consider Whiteman and Montsma as options if we went up though