Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

1183184185186187189»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bowyer said: “Every party has to be part of the deal [for Kirk]. There was a part that made it not go through.

So rather than the agent trying to push the deal, was it the agent that scuppered it?
    I'm guessing it was the Agent who didnt actually represent Kirk who wanted a piece of the fee from Crewe
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bowyer said: “Every party has to be part of the deal [for Kirk]. There was a part that made it not go through.

So rather than the agent trying to push the deal, was it the agent that scuppered it?
    I'm guessing it was the Agent who didn't actually represent Kirk who wanted a piece of the fee from Crewe
    They wouldn't have been a party involved though surely?
  • Options
    Why do we always get rid of people then look for a replacement? Rather than do what other clubs do - get the replacement in, then agree to let your player go?
    Who says we've done that? From the speed we've moved it sounds like we went into today with our list and we're working our way through it. Randall, Kirk, Graham, Solomon-Otabor and Morris. We've been knocked back a lot and we're still going. If you're right up to the cap then you can't afford to get the new player in first because if the deal falls through you're over the cap and you're in trouble. I'm sure if we'd got Kirk sorted this morning like we'd hoped then we would have held fire until we moved on someone like Maddison to make room
    Randall and (hope) Kirk......

Took me 5 days to think of that one.......😒🙄
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Preston have now signed Ched Evans on a permanent basis having originally signed him on loan from Fleetwood

I wonder if this now means we can sign Stockley on a permanent assuming Stockley was one of the two Bowyer mentioned and if he would be happy to stay with a risk of League One next season.
    I hope so. It's still early days but he's got the potential attributes that enhance the other strikers/attackers around him. From what we have seen so far he's got the kind of effort/combative style that suggests he would probably fit in well with Bowyer's favoured approach as well so hopefully he can be talked into staying.

A hypothetical attack of DJ/Shinnie/Washington  providing service  for Stockley to attack and Aneke/Schwartz to feed off on paper would be lethal in this division next year(I'm assuming Miller will head back home at season's end.)
  • Options
      thenewbie said:
    Preston have now signed Ched Evans on a permanent basis having originally signed him on loan from Fleetwood

I wonder if this now means we can sign Stockley on a permanent assuming Stockley was one of the two Bowyer mentioned and if he would be happy to stay with a risk of League One next season.
    I hope so. It's still early days but he's got the potential attributes that enhance the other strikers/attackers around him. From what we have seen so far he's got the kind of effort/combative style that suggests he would probably fit in well with Bowyer's favoured approach as well so hopefully he can be talked into staying.

A hypothetical attack of DJ/Shinnie/Washington  providing service  for Stockley to attack and Aneke/Schwartz to feed off on paper would be lethal in this division next year(I'm assuming Miller will head back home at season's end.)

and you are assuming we will be in this division next year
  • Options
    Signing Stockley will make me feel comfortable about our forward line having leadership/direction for next few seasons. It would again represent a shift away from our short term focus, which will provide everybody associated with the club further confidence. 
  • Options
      thenewbie said:

and you are assuming we will be in this division next year
    The balance of probability says it's the most likely result. A good run could get us into the play off places but that's something of an unknown and a lottery even if we do get that far.