Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DA9 said:
    Now he’s gone (probably permanently eventually) I’m happier than I was originally to reveal that a week into joining us, Maddison contacted my daughter on a dating app and wanted to meet her etc, wisely & luckily (for him) she knocked him back, her words were, she thought he was “fit” 😳 but, he came across as a bit of a knob.
    I’m in no way suggesting that had any bearing on Bowyers decision to let him go, but I’m claiming it 😄
    Did the same to a friend of mine too, wasn't too impressed when he was already back on Insta messaging her after he was subbed off at Burton away before the game had even finished!
    Funny these stories haven't come out sooner, I totally believe them as another trusted poster has told me similar last night.
    You sure they're not being fed a story by the Bowyer camp?
    Nope. I trust this poster for having previously given good info. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Now he’s gone (probably permanently eventually) I’m happier than I was originally to reveal that a week into joining us, Maddison contacted my daughter on a dating app and wanted to meet her etc, wisely & luckily (for him) she knocked him back, her words were, she thought he was “fit” 😳 but, he came across as a bit of a knob.
    I’m in no way suggesting that had any bearing on Bowyers decision to let him go, but I’m claiming it 😄
    I'm a bit miffed about this myself. How on earth are dating apps allowed to operate in a lockdown?
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    robroy said:
    SamE7 said:
    DA9 said:
    He done the same to a girl my mate was seeing and ended up shagging her. Needless to say they aren't seeing each other anymore 
    Was your mate a charlton fan? That would cut deep if he was 
    Yeah, he is a big fan, season ticket. Proper fan. Safe to say he doesn't particularly like him much
    he should report the pair of them for breaking lockdown and spray-paint "SLAG" on her house 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    DA9 said:
    I'm a bit miffed about this myself. How on earth are dating apps allowed to operate in a lockdown?
    Single-household lockdown bubbles are allowed! On a serious note some of us are living alone and dating apps are somewhat necessary for morale (although funnily enough in some cases like...my friend's...it isn't working out that way either) 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Really wanted to 'LOL' this, but it didn't seem right.

So, he is obviously proud of his achievement, and you have captured
    a significant LOL total roseandcrown into the bargain ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Anyway, we have now gotten rid of EVERY player I have had to defend from the vultures. There are NO SCAPEGOATS LEFT. My work is hopefully done.

It's Maatsen isn't it. 
    You could always stick up for Gilbey
    That would require a serious volte-face.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Anyway, we have now gotten rid of EVERY player I have had to defend from the vultures. There are NO SCAPEGOATS LEFT. My work is hopefully done.

It's Maatsen isn't it. 
    Gilbey was next... 

EDIT

Ha ha didn't see I was reading the second to last page as hadn't refreshed... 
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:

It's Maatsen isn't it. 
    You could always stick up for Gilbey
    great minds. 
  • Options
    I have another issue now. In the actually likely scenario all the loanees are fit, who misses out? Ridiculously hard on Shinnie but it's him isn't it? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or maybe the plan is to rotate Shinnie and Smith 
  • Options
    So it seems as if Randall and Kirk were top targets. DJ doesn’t seem much worse from what we are seeing/hearing though! I wonder what went wrong at Crewe with Kirk if we Crawley thought we were confident about getting him yesterday morning? Their statement on matters doesn’t clear much up imo. 
    Seems like the deals for Randall and Kirk are deceased.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I have another issue now. In the actually likely scenario all the loanees are fit, who misses out? Ridiculously hard on Shinnie but it's him isn't it? 
    Smith surely

I can see Maatsen being rested for the odd game though, which would enable the other 5 to all play
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    No idea, but i think a fit shinnie might be the first name on LBs teamsheet.
    Imagine Pratley & Watson still start every game.
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    DA9 said:
    He done the same to a girl my mate was seeing and ended up shagging her. Needless to say they aren't seeing each other anymore 
    So Maddison has in fact scored more recently, than he's been credited for? 

• Options
    SamE7 said:
    robroy said:
    SamE7 said:
    DA9 said:
    Was your mate a charlton fan? That would cut deep if he was 
    Yeah, he is a big fan, season ticket. Proper fan. Safe to say he doesn't particularly like him much
    Bloody hell. That’s awful. 
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing 15 different variations of how to spell his name, all of them wrong, on every match thread.
    Can’t we just call him DJ???
    And sing Hey Boy, Hey Girl - if ever we have spectators again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I look forward to seeing 15 different variations of how to spell his name, all of them wrong, on every match thread.

been done, keep up ….
  • Options

been done, keep up ….
    Where?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    DA9 said:
    It was last September when we were still allowed out 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    DA9 said:
    Stig said:
    DA9 said:
    It was last September when we were still allowed out 
    According to Twitter it has carried on since. Obviously not entirely buying everything that comes up on twitter, but it matches reports on here. 
  • Options

been done, keep up ….
    Where?
    page 189 bro'
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    not a chance - probably our most complete player when fully fit, could play anywhere in that midfield
  • Options
    Shinnie on a permanent would be my first priority of the summer transfer window
  • Options
    Shinnie on a permanent would be my first priority of the summer transfer window
    Even in the championship? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Never heard off him until 5 minutes ago but now I’m laying here with a semi 
    Just catching up with this thread from last night and this one has to be the post of the night  LOL !

sorry looks like i wasn't the only person to notice this gem.
  • Options
    The most heartening thing was who we were linked with and tried to get, the Bournemouth lad, Randall, Kirk, Thomas and DJ.  All promising young talents.  Maybe the finances did not work on many but we are L1 and up against Championship sides for many of them.

I don't know much about the players linked but they strike me as exactly the sort we should target going forwards and whom, with a promotion to the Championship would all become very realistic targets in a Brentford type model.