Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    Decent window.  Millar and Jaiyesemi add natural width.  It stops the need to put central midfielders out wide, and gives our full backs a bit more to work with.  No disrespect to either, but having Gunter and JFC/Gilbey going down the wing (which we’ve seen at times this season), isn’t going to cut it.  Looking forward to a more balanced team and hopefully Bowyer has what he feels are the team that will compete to his standards 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    DOUCHER said:
    also been interesting to see how nearly all of the signings are forward players - i did say that bar chucks our forward line was hopeless !!!!!!!
    Washington still here though  ;)
    mmm - don't think we'll be looking to rush him back from injury somehow 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Skill, pace, flair...

Nah, what we want to know is...

Does he have any tattoos?
    Do his boots match?
    How tall is he?
    Does he track back?
    Does he like a tackle?
    Or pull out
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Decent window.  Millar and Jaiyesemi add natural width.  It stops the need to put central midfielders out wide, and gives our full backs a bit more to work with.  No disrespect to either, but having Gunter and JFC/Gilbey going down the wing (which we’ve seen at times this season), isn’t going to cut it.  Looking forward to a more balanced team and hopefully Bowyer has what he feels are the team that will compete to his standards 
    Looks like we're setting up to play Flat 4-4-2/ 4-3-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ahhhh happy with this, terrorised us the times we played them this season. Think he we will thrive in our team. Millar and DJ on either wing will do for me. 
  • Options
    Never heard of him but always promising when other teams fans are upset about him leaving. 

Seemingly good stats so will contribute after letting Williams and Maddison go. 22 so the sort of age who can be with us longer term which is exactly what we should be doing moving forward 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Laughable though how some fan’s opinion switch can flip from one side to the other so much on just one signing. 
    This is a bit cheeky tbf - this is an absolutely enormous signing in a position we were looking completely understaffed in 
    Agreed. If we had either bought nobody or ended up with a rubbish panic buy, it would have been a very disappointing day considering the attacking options we shipped out
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    Looks like we're setting up to play Flat 4-4-2/ 4-3-3
    He would be ideal in a 433. In a 442 (with him and Millar as wingers) I've no idea who the midfield pair would be, as we might get outnumbered

4231 would work also, Stockley up top, Millar, Chuks and DJ in the 3
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Schwartz > Smyth
    Stockley > Bogle
    Millar > Maddison
    Smith > Levitt
    Jaiyesimi > Williams

Yeah but what about Lapslie and Wiredu?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Schwartz > Smyth
    Stockley > Bogle
    Millar > Maddison
    Smith > Levitt
    Jaiyesimi > Williams

Yeah but what about Lapslie and Wiredu?

Not sure if sarcasm Or serious - Futurama Fry - quickmeme
  • Options
    Am I the only one to never notice opposition players?
    Nope. I'm just the same. Only ones I notice are ones that are well known.......although I did take note of the lad at QPR who ran Pearce ragged in the 2nd half at their place when we draw 2-2. Double barrelled Osi-Samuel (or suchlike). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Laughable though how some fan’s opinion switch can flip from one side to the other so much on just one signing. 
    This is a bit cheeky tbf - this is an absolutely enormous signing in a position we were looking completely understaffed in 
    Agreed. If we had either bought nobody or ended up with a rubbish panic buy, it would have been a very disappointing day considering the attacking options we shipped out
    I bet Steve Gallen had poor old Josh Parker on standby. :smile:

• Options
    How many of those winger transfer approaches were BS all along today then?
  • Options
    happy happy with this signing the right profile and he was excellent against us the first game.

get the CB’s back and keep them all fit and we have a chance - nobody will enjoy having Millar / Aneke / Stockley / Jaiyesami attacking them
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Nope. I'm just the same. Only ones I notice are ones that are well known.......although I did take note of the lad at QPR who ran Pearce ragged in the 2nd half at their place when we draw 2-2. Double barrelled Osi-Samuel (or suchlike). 
    Some of the bollocks you come out with I’m surprised you even notice what our players are doing.  ;)
  • Options
    Swindon must bloody hate us
  • Options
    Thank god this day is over. I can go back to watching Ted Lasso.
  • Options
    I don’t think many can honestly say they knew who he was
  • Options
    That’s our best Jan window for a very long time 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    happy happy with this signing the right profile and he was excellent against us the first game.

get the CB’s back and keep them all fit and we have a chance - nobody will enjoy having Millar / Aneke / Stockley / Jaiyesami attacking them
    You wont find all 4 playing together at the same time. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    -Get our CBs back
    -Begin to play a regular formation and no unnecessary rotation/saving of players

...we have quite a strong team that needs to push on! 

Agree, agree, agree.  :)